Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: A Clear The Air Meeting. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Clear The Air Meeting.

#61 User is offline   h again 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:32 PM

View PostGoku, on 07 February 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see

I can't see because I don't know the facts. The difference between me and virtually everybody else is that I don't make up facts to replace the missing ones.

#62 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:35 PM

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

I can't see because I don't know the facts. The difference between me and virtually everybody else is that I don't make up facts to replace the missing ones.

Enough things are known to deduce that the club is not being run in anything like a successful way.

Presumably you're with me this far?

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 07 February 2016 - 08:36 PM

#63 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:39 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 07 February 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

Surely a significant part of the C&B turnover, perhaps even the majority, comes from match-day custom. So how does Allen separate that from non match-day turnover? Would it still be worthwhile? And isn't at least a degree of that income based upon fans choosing to spend money at the Proact because it supposedly helps the team?

The lack of a pub style supporters facility means my friends and I already spend what must amount to a healthy five figure sum in pre/post-match pubs over the course of a season. If the Chairman chooses to further alienate punters such as us he can also forget the half time beers, occasional hospitality and non CFC events we partake of. I'd guess we wouldn't be the only ones, either.

Chris what facilities would you want and where would you facilitate it.

You cannot put your match day spend as a mean average. We all see families with their goodies brought into the stadium and then there are the drivers who won't chance anything above a pint.

I only spend on 50/50 once inside the ground having sat down for a meal and a pint on those occasions we have anything pre match.

You keep banging on about this subject but it would be interesting to see a costing to impliment against profit from such changes.
God I hate this league.

#64 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:42 PM

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 08:32 PM, said:

@"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

Donald Rumsfeld

#65 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:42 PM

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

Damn right I'm not going to show up. The garbage on here every time finances come up is enough to drive anybody to drink, if I wasn't there already.
Ask where the money went if you want to know anything at all. If we don't know that we don't know anything, and the whole business is just hot air. To say CT is totally incompetent at finance he's doing a very good job of keeping you all in the dark.

I'm intrigued...what exactly has not telling us what's going on got to do whether he is competent or incompetent at finance?

I would go to a Q&A if I thought there would be any transparency about our financial affairs but there won't be and the first question I would ask is how much a year are you on Chris!
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#66 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:53 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 07 February 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

Enough things are known to deduce that the club is not being run in anything like a successful way.

Presumably you're with me this far?

When somebody tells me where the money went that should be repaying our debt I'll be interested. Why on earth you keep up this endless speculation on the basis of knowing next to nothing beats me.

#67 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:53 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 07 February 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

I'm intrigued...what exactly has not telling us what's going on got to do whether he is competent or incompetent at finance?

I would go to a Q&A if I thought there would be any transparency about our financial affairs but there won't be and the first question I would ask is how much a year are you on Chris!

And I would imagine, if we got an answer of course, would be...WOW, YOU ARE JOKING ARNT YOU!
Get him as far away from our club as possible..
East stand second class citizen.

#68 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:02 PM

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 08:53 PM, said:

When somebody tells me where the money went that should be repaying our debt I'll be interested. Why on earth you keep up this endless speculation on the basis of knowing next to nothing beats me.

There's speculation and then there's interpreting the known facts. The club is being run in an unsustainable way. We have regressed massively on the pitch and are facing up to the possibility of being relegated after the board appointed a joke of manager to replace Cook.

You don't come across like you're particularly bothered about what's happening at the club which is fine, but if that's the case why enter the debate?

#69 User is offline   The Rec 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:03 PM

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 08:53 PM, said:

Knowing nothing?? Players sold, debt increasing..........you don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out all is not rosy in the garden.

This post has been edited by The Rec: 07 February 2016 - 09:03 PM

#70 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:07 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 07 February 2016 - 09:02 PM, said:

There's speculation and then there's interpreting the known facts. The club is being run in an unsustainable way. We have regressed massively on the pitch and are facing up to the possibility of being relegated after the board appointed a joke of manager to replace Cook.

You don't come across like you're particularly bothered about what's happening at the club which is fine, but if that's the case why enter the debate?

*regressed massively on the pitch whilst paying the current crop of players more money in total than we paid the previous set of successful players

#71 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:23 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 07 February 2016 - 09:02 PM, said:

Yes, I've seen 10,000 posts that say little else, but WHERE'S THE MONEY GOING? We've got accountants, business leaders, Chris Snell and all sorts of talent on the case but WHERE'S THE MONEY GOING?

Let's leave the appointment of Saunders out of the equation, eh? The appointment of managers is extremely chancy at best, as ManU and Chelsea have found out. So far the Board's record in that line is way above average.

Far from not bothering about what happens at the club, it seems I'm the only one bothering about the relevant question. Doesn't anybody else want to know WHY we aren't paying off the debt.

This post has been edited by h again: 07 February 2016 - 09:28 PM

#72 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:58 PM

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

Yes, I've seen 10,000 posts that say little else, but WHERE'S THE MONEY GOING? We've got accountants, business leaders, Chris Snell and all sorts of talent on the case but WHERE'S THE MONEY GOING?

Let's leave the appointment of Saunders out of the equation, eh? The appointment of managers is extremely chancy at best, as ManU and Chelsea have found out. So far the Board's record in that line is way above average.

Far from not bothering about what happens at the club, it seems I'm the only one bothering about the relevant question. Doesn't anybody else want to know WHY we aren't paying off the debt.

That's what we all want to know, but the answer could be unpalatable
East stand second class citizen.

#73 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:01 PM

View Posth again, on 07 February 2016 - 09:23 PM, said:

A very fair question, and the answer is 'no'. If DA chooses not to invoke his 70/30 rule, it can only be because he doesn't want to. It can't be because he is unable to, because he's had £3m quid in, record season ticket sales, and pleasantly surprising high average attendances. He also had a £100k cup windfall which should easily pay for the DS mistake.

The other angle to this of course is that there might be an optimum time in the financial year to reduce the debts, and it's either not happened yet or hasn't been publicised. So perhaps the money is in the bank, helping Ashley with his cash flow.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#74 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:14 PM

h again said:

1454880203[/url]' post='1184137']

Freelander 2 has replied to you on this question half a dozen times.
A new hope.

#75 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:20 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 08 February 2016 - 12:14 PM, said:

Freelander 2 has replied to you on this question half a dozen times.

But he hasn't. The majority of all the transfer money will come in within this or the next financial year. Over half a million for Doyle plus Tendayi plus Clucas. Nobody has any idea what's happening to it.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#76 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:22 PM

Posted Imageh again, on 29 January 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

A question I've been asking for some months without anybody getting near an answer. Where on earth is the money going?
My only idea, which drew an absolute frenzy of abuse last time I tried it, is that we spent big on infrastructure at PC's instigation. We bought success in other words, and might have bought a bit more if DA hadn't been frightened off a push for the Championship by the fact that gates seem to have an upper limit of about 7000 home fans at the very best. So now we have to retrench - and it's made much harder by losing all the class players we brought in with big bonus offers.
Might be totally wrong, but I cant see any other possible explanation.

Re-read some of my posts that answered your question.

Look at the annual wage bill over the past 5 years & you will see that over the past two years, it has increased by the best part of a third.

The other issue being, we're currently heavily reliant upon exceptional income every year to stand any chance of breaking-even.

Those who are thinking about it need to consider their mental state. I mean seriously, this is Dave Allen's business. Don't be fooled about all this talk of debt, we can't trade profitably, that's the problem. The interest payments weren't an issue in years 2010/11 & 2011/12. Our overheads, specifically the wages bill is unsustainable for the level of income that the club generates.

A new hope.

#77 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:28 PM

View Postdim view, on 08 February 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

But he hasn't. The majority of all the transfer money will come in within this or the next financial year. Over half a million for Doyle plus Tendayi plus Clucas. Nobody has any idea what's happening to it.

Doyle's transfer fee (in full) was included in the accounts for Y/E 30/06/15. The payment structure of the transfer fee is irrelevant to profit & loss.

Likewise, the fees for Darika, Clucas & Morsy will be included (in full) in the accounts for Y/E 30/06/16.

#78 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:37 PM

Westbars Spireite said:

1454874994[/url]' post='1184103']
It's already been done. Met with little more than sneers from those present on behalf of CFC.

We can assume you're unlikely to show up at any forum 'H' - at least not 'as yourself' given friendly requests to meet over a beer from fellow Spireites have been met with similar sneers from your good self.

The plumbers or autoworld?
A new hope.

#79 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:42 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 08 February 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:

The plumbers or autoworld?

Autoworld.

#80 User is offline   Crack