• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cameron's Speech a sick joke? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:37 PM

Part of Cameron's speech.....
"That's right Labour, you're not for working people, you're for hurting people.
If you want a lecture on poverty, ask Labour, if you want something done about it, come to us, the Conservatives"
Even the blue rinse brigade on here must shuffle uncomfortably listening to that....
East stand second class citizen.

#2 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:44 PM

My god...

#3 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:04 PM

Tory scumbags looking after the poor? Thats on Parr with Hitler being the chairman of the Jew appreciation society in 1939
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#4 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 08 October 2015 - 06:57 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 07 October 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

Part of Cameron's speech.....
"That's right Labour, you're not for working people, you're for hurting people.
If you want a lecture on poverty, ask Labour, if you want something done about it, come to us, the Conservatives"
Even the blue rinse brigade on here must shuffle uncomfortably listening to that....

Yup cutting benefits and child tax credits is definitely the way to support the poor!!

Still as he says that will be balanced by everyone earning more.... though 3 million public servants who have had a 4% pay rise in 9 years which was wiped out by pension contributions may beg to differ!

Tory t.w.a.t!
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#5 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:03 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 08 October 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

Yup cutting benefits and child tax credits is definitely the way to support the poor!!

Still as he says that will be balanced by everyone earning more.... though 3 million public servants who have had a 4% pay rise in 9 years which was wiped out by pension contributions may beg to differ!

Tory t.w.a.t!

The worst thing is that the blind fools who vote for these tory animals actually believe that they are a caring party. You couldn't make it up could you? But they actually do. :lol: So I will ask them when was the tory party ever caring and when did they ever show a morsel of compassion to the less well off and disabled in our society?
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#6 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:11 PM

fishini said:

1444330985[/url]' post='1151098']
The worst thing is that the blind fools who vote for these tory animals actually believe that they are a caring party. You couldn't make it up could you? But they actually do. :lol: So I will ask them when was the tory party ever caring and when did they ever show a morsel of compassion to the less well off and disabled in our society?
Vote Tory vote Tory Joke of the century Cameron don't give a toss about disabled and poor Stop sending money abroad Our country needs it Tory TXXT

#7 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 08 October 2015 - 07:53 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 08 October 2015 - 06:57 PM, said:

Tory t.w.a.t!

Come on there. How on Earth would the scum raise the money needed to give the top 1% another tax cut? Don't forget that we are all in this together. I hope I am still alive when the son of thatcher dies, another tory grave I could tiddle on
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#8 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:22 PM

Id much rather listen to corbyns speeches

This post has been edited by Screamadelica: 08 October 2015 - 08:28 PM

Every need got an ego to feed

#9 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 08 October 2015 - 08:58 PM

View PostScreamadelica, on 08 October 2015 - 08:22 PM, said:

Id much rather listen to corbyns speeches

So would I, but sadly that's the problem..he's too truthful. If he doesn't want to kiss the Queens hand to become a member of the privy council, fair play to him, if he thinks we should take far more refugees then fair play to him, if he wouldn't press the red button, again fair play to him....he has principles and appears to stand by them. But the government of this country is always voted for by "Middle England", and regardless of all our views "Middle England" won't vote for people who won't kiss the Queens hand, won't vote for people who'll accept more refugees and won't vote for people who won't press the red button no matter how truthful, honest and principled they are.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 08 October 2015 - 09:36 PM

#10 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:37 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 08 October 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

So would I, but sadly that's the problem..he's too truthful. If he doesn't want to kiss the Queens hand to become a member of the privy council, fair play to him, if he thinks we should take far more refugees then fair play to him, if he wouldn't press the red button, again fair play to him....he has principles and appears to stand by them. But the government of this country is always voted for by "Middle England", and regardless of all our views "Middle England" won't vote for people who won't kiss the Queens hand, won't vote for people who'll accept more refugees and won't vote for people who won't press the red button no matter how truthful, honest and principled he is.

The Queen lol it's completely idiotic and farcical! I wouldn't sing the anthem, kiss her hand, acknowledge a single member of their family.....because it's absolutely ABSURD!

#11 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:48 PM

Theresa May, thank god for sanity
JRID

#12 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:52 PM

So would I, but sadly that's the problem..he's too truthful. If he doesn't want to kiss the Queens hand to become a member of the privy council, fair play to him, if he thinks we should take far more refugees then fair play to him, if he wouldn't press the red button, again fair play to him....he has principles and appears to stand by them. But the government of this country is always voted for by "Middle England", and regardless of all our views "Middle England" won't vote for people who won't kiss the Queens hand, won't vote for people who'll accept more refugees and won't vote for people who won't press the red button no matter how truthful, honest and principled they are.

I know what your saying.

But when All said and done....

Isn't he a breath of fresh air?
Every need got an ego to feed

#13 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 08 October 2015 - 09:54 PM

View PostScreamadelica, on 08 October 2015 - 09:52 PM, said:

I know what your saying.

But when All said and done....

Isn't he a breath of fresh air?

Yes he is, and it's going to be interesting.

#14 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:29 AM

And that's the biggest problem Corbyn has.

He needs to understand that if he wants change, if wants to create a fair society he has to be in No10 to do it.

Being on the opposition benches doesn't do it no matter how principled he is, and no matter how good and how morally sound his speeches are, in opposition its just that - a string of words.

He needs to sit down with some of advisors Blair had, so they can show him how to win an election. Once he has won the election he can then turn his principles into policy and do some good for the country, not the other way around.

Sadly I don't think he is really that interested in being prime minister - I think he is more interested in getting labour back to the left, back to its core origins. \it seems to me he is more interested in moving labour away form the centre and back to the left and giving the party its old identity back - all well and good but that isn't going to benefit the working man when the tories are simply handed a mandate to do as they please by successive election wins.

A new hope.

#15 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:09 AM

The vast majority of Labour supporters bought into Corbyn’s vision for the future. He deserves a chance to implement that and if proved popular, the Labour MP’s who currently see things differently would get on board with his way of thinking. However, to have any chance of getting into Number 10 he needs to develop policies that appeal to the majority of the country. Without them he might as well stand outside Primark in Chesterfield town centre and hand out anti-austerity leaflets.
If only....

#16 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:07 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 09 October 2015 - 09:29 AM, said:

And that's the biggest problem Corbyn has.

He needs to understand that if he wants change, if wants to create a fair society he has to be in No10 to do it.

Being on the opposition benches doesn't do it no matter how principled he is, and no matter how good and how morally sound his speeches are, in opposition its just that - a string of words.

He needs to sit down with some of advisors Blair had, so they can show him how to win an election. Once he has won the election he can then turn his principles into policy and do some good for the country, not the other way around.

Sadly I don't think he is really that interested in being prime minister - I think he is more interested in getting labour back to the left, back to its core origins. \it seems to me he is more interested in moving labour away form the centre and back to the left and giving the party its old identity back - all well and good but that isn't going to benefit the working man when the tories are simply handed a mandate to do as they please by successive election wins.

I doubt any of Blair's advisors will touch Jezza with a bargepole, and vice-versa.

Thus far being the antithesis of Blair/Cameron - someone who just doesn't do their slick, airbrushed, expensive PR guru surrounded, focus group led style of politics - has gained traction. What's more he's certainly re-ignited interest amongst traditional Labour voters. However I join all those wondering if he can make inroads amongst those with no real political allegiances, the comfortably off, folk who think no further than their own little world and adopt a 'What's in it for me?' attitude at elections.

The Tories appeal to the worst in us (greed, self-interest, prejudice and fear. Indeed Cameron's recent speech at the Tory Party Conference was a shamelessly personal, scaremongering and lie-laden tirade). Unfortunately it's a seductive recipe.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#17 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:56 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 09 October 2015 - 06:07 PM, said:

I doubt any of Blair's advisors will touch Jezza with a bargepole, and vice-versa.

Thus far being the antithesis of Blair/Cameron - someone who just doesn't do their slick, airbrushed, expensive PR guru surrounded, focus group led style of politics - has gained traction. What's more he's certainly re-ignited interest amongst traditional Labour voters. However I join all those wondering if he can make inroads amongst those with no real political allegiances, the comfortably off, folk who think no further than their own little world and adopt a 'What's in it for me?' attitude at elections.

The Tories appeal to the worst in us (greed, self-interest, prejudice and fear. Indeed Cameron's recent speech at the Tory Party Conference was a shamelessly personal, scaremongering and lie-laden tirade). Unfortunately it's a seductive recipe.

Only for the selfish and stupid ones in our society
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#18 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:42 PM

View Postfishini, on 09 October 2015 - 06:56 PM, said:

Only for the selfish and stupid ones in our society

But that's "Middle England" in a nutshell mate.

#19 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:45 PM

View Postfishini, on 08 October 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

Part of the reason they got in was the fact they are cutting benefits, a lot of working people think its right to be better off working
There was no credible opposition
And no I'm not a tory voter

#20 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 09 October 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

Part of the reason they got in was the fact they are cutting benefits, a lot of working people think its right to be better off working
There was no credible opposition
And no I'm not a tory voter

Yet, 'working people' on very low incomes, zero hours contracts, and those who have no job security or worker's rights.......are to have their tax credits virtually wiped out.

It amazes me that people don't care what's beyond their own front gate..."I'm on 40k a year, plus bonuses, and have a lovely company car; what do I care about those on zero hours contracts, unemployed or disabled"....

Did anyone chance upon the report about the amount of emergency ambulances sent to Sports Direct over the last two years, due to the fact, those on 12 week, zero hours contracts, who couldn't take any time off work or they would be sacked...continued to workeven through severe illness? Yeah, thanks for making the lives of these people even worse, Tory **** e r s...

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users