Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Ashley Carson Tweet - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ashley Carson Tweet re: new signing(s)

#101 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:53 AM

View PostNOKIN, on 06 July 2015 - 07:04 AM, said:

I'm surprised that people expect Saunders to pick up where Cook left off. For him to carry on in the same vein. The same who were happy to give Cook a season or "10 games in" before they judged.

Saunders' appointment and tenure is going to be so different from what Sherridan and Cook enjoyed. He will more than likely have a lot less money to spend and he won't have anywhere near the support of the fan base if this message board is used as an indication.

He is going to have a very tough season I reckon and he won't be cut any slack by those wanting him to fail so they can be proved right.

I reckon those posters would be happy to be proved wrong if it meant the club did well.

#102 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:15 AM

View Postlindave, on 05 July 2015 - 07:39 PM, said:

How can anybody say the Team's not broke when we've lost 2 of our most influential players and as yet not replaced them. I spoke to two massive Town fans today (one an ex player), and they were saying the same as me that they can't get motivated for the start of the season. They are worried with the lack of signings and can't understand why we rushed into putting Deano in the hotseat without interviewing others. Matlock on Thursday should be exciting me, I'll be there but until we sign decent replacements I'll be worrying.

We have SEB and missed out on Mellis apparently because DS wanted to see him in training before deciding on a contract offer. Saunders knows the score at this level, he was a L1 manager last season, so hopefully he will make more signings soon.

#103 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostNOKIN, on 06 July 2015 - 07:50 AM, said:

I thought you didn't believe anything he said?

Why shouldn't I believe him, he's our CEO :)

#104 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:20 AM

lindave said:

1436125155[/url]' post='1127451']
How can anybody say the Team's not broke when we've lost 2 of our most influential players and as yet not replaced them. I spoke to two massive Town fans today (one an ex player), and they were saying the same as me that they can't get motivated for the start of the season. They are worried with the lack of signings and can't understand why we rushed into putting Deano in the hotseat without interviewing others. Matlock on Thursday should be exciting me, I'll be there but until we sign decent replacements I'll be worrying.

Never mind lovely chip shop opposite park lol

#105 User is offline   Xerxes 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:22 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 06 July 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

I reckon those posters would be happy to be proved wrong if it meant the club did well.

I'd like to believe you but....

#106 User is offline   Xerxes 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:24 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 06 July 2015 - 07:00 AM, said:

Bangers_CFC ‏@ashleycars123 9m9 minutes ago DS has his sights set on some very good payers, things will start to happen soon.

was that posted today? If so it's very encouraging

This post has been edited by Xerxes: 06 July 2015 - 11:24 AM

#107 User is offline   Limestone Cowboy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:31 AM

View PostXerxes, on 06 July 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

No a few weeks back.

#108 User is offline   paulwardle 

• PMW
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:33 AM

As opposed to previous seasons there seems little speculation linking us with ANY players. In years gone by the players we have discussed have rarely signed and probably shows how much rubbish is discussed on fans boards.

That said Ashley Carson has gone on record about more signings and time is marching on. Whoever we go for has to be a worthwhile addition and not simply a squad player but exactly who is on the radar is anyone's guess.

I would hope that we try and get a couple of decent Premier League reserves in. O'Hara changed our season when we got him and someone of similar class would be good.

Don't think we need ageing former stars but an attacking midfielder who scores goals would be top of my list.

#109 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:39 AM

View Postpaulwardle, on 06 July 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

Don't think we need ageing former stars but an attacking midfielder who scores goals would be top of my list.

and probably top of every other of the 72 FL teams list, too!

FWIW, i'd expect some movement (either/both ways) this week, before the players jet off on Sunday.

#110 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostXerxes, on 06 July 2015 - 11:22 AM, said:

I'd like to believe you but....

Folk can have a moan but surely they all want the club to succeed or they wouldnt bother shelling out cash to watch the games. If gripes turn out to be correct then of course there is the 'I told you so' fallback option!

#111 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:47 AM

View PostXerxes, on 06 July 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

Yeah, cause there aren't 71 other football league clubs telling their fans exactly the same.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#112 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:49 AM

View Postpaulwardle, on 06 July 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

As opposed to previous seasons there seems little speculation linking us with ANY players. In years gone by the players we have discussed have rarely signed and probably shows how much rubbish is discussed on fans boards.

That said Ashley Carson has gone on record about more signings and time is marching on. Whoever we go for has to be a worthwhile addition and not simply a squad player but exactly who is on the radar is anyone's guess.

I would hope that we try and get a couple of decent Premier League reserves in. O'Hara changed our season when we got him and someone of similar class would be good.

Like Franck Moussa

#113 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:27 PM

I'm surprised that people expect Saunders to pick up where Cook left off. For him to carry on in the same vein. The same who were happy to give Cook a season or "10 games in" before they judged.

Saunders' appointment and tenure is going to be so different from what Sherridan and Cook enjoyed. He will more than likely have a lot less money to spend and he won't have anywhere near the support of the fan base if this message board is used as an indication.

He is going to have a very tough season I reckon and he won't be cut any slack by those wanting him to fail so they can be proved right.

He needs to hit the ground running otherwise his honeymoon period will very short indeed
A new hope.

#114 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:41 PM

I'd hope Deano would be a real long term manager for us.

I hope there really aren't any fans who are wanting him to fail are there?

#115 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:05 PM

Just read a post on facebook saying we have signed a midfielder Ryan Edwards from Reading but not been announced yet,whether it's true i don't know....

This post has been edited by Dema Reborn: 06 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

#116 User is offline   Tyrion 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:06 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 06 July 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

Like Franck Moussa

Like Ollie Banks?

#117 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:20 PM

View PostDema Reborn, on 06 July 2015 - 01:05 PM, said:

Just read a post on facebook saying we have signed a midfielder Ryan Edwards from Reading but not been announced yet,whether it's true i don't know....just saying...

http://www.soccerbas...player_id=60033

#118 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:22 PM

I really don't understand this current trend of ending sentences with "just saying"

#119 User is offline   starsky72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:24 PM

http://www.getreadin...-begins-9133729

#120 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:25 PM

View Poststarsky72, on 06 July 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

I really don't understand this current trend of ending sentences with "just saying"

Edited just for you....

Share this topic:

• (18 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users