Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Lol Guess Who's Back - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lol Guess Who's Back

#21 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

Cant see me attending much more this season.

It's just drifting to a dull conclusion
JRID

#22 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:27 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 26 March 2015 - 08:22 PM, said:

I`m disappointed with this, but not because Armand is back, but because we have not signed a better replacement.

There are very few strikers anyone could name who could improve on Clucas after his recent performances. Leaving Sam there leaves an opening for Gboly.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#23 User is offline   Freddie 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:47 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 26 March 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

When the going gets tough, the tough get going?!?

#24 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:55 PM

View Postlindave, on 26 March 2015 - 05:14 PM, said:

This is not the best news to bring in a few extra until the end of the season ( no disrespect meant to Nanndo, at least he'll give 100% effort). If we don't bring in someone to replace Lavery then to me, that'll be the Club saying to the fans, we've done our bit for the season we've survived relegation.Whereas, with a decent striker we still have a good shout at making a push for the final play-off place. I for one don't need convincing to stay with the Team and turn up for matches, but those who staye at home for the Gills.match won't ruch to come to the Proact.

For about the 100th time - the club told the fans the season was over the day they gave Doyle away. Getting Paul Cook to urge fans to 'Pack the Proact' is thoroughly hypocritical. I haven't got a clue what next season will bring.

#25 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:01 PM

View Postsophocles, on 26 March 2015 - 08:55 PM, said:

For about the 100th time - the club told the fans the season was over the day they gave Doyle away. Getting Paul Cook to urge fans to 'Pack the Proact' is thoroughly hypocritical. I haven't got a clue what next season will bring.

wish someone would give me over a million quid for something I am giving away

YAWN

#26 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:10 PM

View PostCartman, on 26 March 2015 - 09:01 PM, said:

wish someone would give me over a million quid for something I am giving away

YAWN

Fed up with the arguments about the amount of money involved, but it's a virtual certainty that we have so far received nothing like a million and probably never will. Even if we did it would still be peanuts in football terms. Forgetting Doyle, maybe you could tell us what the club has done to ensure good support for the remaining home games. Like other ST holders I'll be there whatever, but who can blame the floaters for not bothering ?

This post has been edited by sophocles: 26 March 2015 - 09:11 PM

#27 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:21 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 26 March 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

Armands back

Lol! You are.....but Christ I wish you weren't!!!!!

I have held my peace since New year's eve when I agreed not to respond to your (suspect) political posts, but....

Having resisisted that particular temptation to respond to the banality you post on a daily basis for 3 months i felt inclined to reposte to your latest idiocy..

Let me explain....We have no budget and won't be signing any top strikers between now and the end of the season!

So we have recalled a man who gives 100% every game and everyone accepts isn't the most technically gifted but may possibly help the cause, why is that so much of a problem???

You, Bonnyman and every other Armand hater on this board please tell me....

Nothing ventured nothing gained as far as I am concerned!!!!

Happy to debate this at a venue of anyone's choice face to face as always.....middle east x

This post has been edited by Middle East: 26 March 2015 - 09:25 PM

BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#28 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:34 PM

I was hoping to read 'Cooper' or 'Doyle' when I read the thread title. Not with any conviction, but hoping nonetheless.
These go to eleven.

#29 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:34 PM

View Postsophocles, on 26 March 2015 - 09:10 PM, said:

Fed up with the arguments about the amount of money involved, but it's a virtual certainty that we have so far received nothing like a million and probably never will. Even if we did it would still be peanuts in football terms. Forgetting Doyle, maybe you could tell us what the club has done to ensure good support for the remaining home games. Like other ST holders I'll be there whatever, but who can blame the floaters for not bothering ?

exceeded expectations and currently sit above mid table in a league above the one we were in last year?

#30 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:36 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 26 March 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

I have held my peace since New year's eve when I agreed not to respond to your (suspect) political posts, but....

Having resisisted that particular temptation to respond to the banality you post on a daily basis for 3 months i felt inclined to reposte to your latest idiocy..

Let me explain....We have no budget and won't be signing any top strikers between now and the end of the season!

So we have recalled a man who gives 100% every game and everyone accepts isn't the most technically gifted but may possibly help the cause, why is that so much of a problem???

Happy to debate this at a venue of anyone's choice face to face as always.....middle east x

He can give 100%, he can kiss the badge , he can tattoo the crooked spire on his back and chester the field mouse on his chest....the fact is he is 5h1t
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#31 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:42 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 26 March 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

I don't blame Amand, it's not his fault, he is not good enough for this level, and may not be good enough for the level below.

I blame the financial mismanagement of this club by the hierarchy which has been monumental
JRID

#32 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 26 March 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

I don't blame Amand, it's not his fault, he is not good enough for this level, and may not be good enough for the level below.

I blame the financial mismanagement of this club by the hierarchy which has been monumental

Yes and i dont hate him either just miles below the standard, i will give 100 % should i play?

This post has been edited by Erwan dsihounou: 26 March 2015 - 09:45 PM

ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#33 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:55 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 26 March 2015 - 09:42 PM, said:

Good grief, I think we are almost starting to agree on Armand,. That statement is a long way from being a "car crash footballer". I hope we can agree his experience at Oxford probably says as much for their manger as the player himself.

I agree with your 2nd sentence 100%

This post has been edited by azul: 26 March 2015 - 09:56 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#34 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:59 PM

View PostCartman, on 26 March 2015 - 09:34 PM, said:

exceeded expectations and currently sit above mid table in a league above the one we were in last year?

That might be enough for you, but I was talking about the 'extras' who we need to get to 7000 plus for home games - it just isn't going to happen now.

#35 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:12 PM

View PostErwan dsihounou, on 26 March 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

Yes and i dont hate him either just miles below the standard, i will give 100 % should i play?

Don't you think the January transfer activity demonstrated our aspirations rather than a recall of Armand?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#36 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:28 PM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 26 March 2015 - 08:26 PM, said:

Never mind
Twitter: Bodie0402

#37 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:31 PM

View PostErwan dsihounou, on 26 March 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

He can give 100%, he can kiss the badge , he can tattoo the crooked spire on his back and chester the field mouse on his chest....the fact is he is 5h1t

But because he's wearing the Blue shirt you have to get behind him.
lindave

#38 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:33 PM

Yeah you should. Tig you're on....
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#39 User is offline   plannerj 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC and many other things!

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:33 PM

That's really made me smile. Even if you gave 100%, you'd have blown it after 5 minutes! But, to return to the subject, I'm not surprised AG has been recalled. He went to Oxford for unpublished reasons, amongst which could have been to keep him fresh if needed to cover for Lavery and/or Harrison. We've said goodbye to Lavery and Harrison has not been available. AG has not been playing so the Club feel he might as well be back here. It's as simple as that!

#40 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:38 PM

View Postplannerj, on 26 March 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

That's really made me smile. Even if you gave 100%, you'd have blown it after 5 minutes! But, to return to the subject, I'm not surprised AG has been recalled. He went to Oxford for unpublished reasons, amongst which could have been to keep him fresh if needed to cover for Lavery and/or Harrison. We've said goodbye to Lavery and Harrison has not been available. AG has not been playing so the Club feel he might as well be back here. It's as simple as that!

Sensible post. We all know Armand enough now to understand that he adds an extra dimension to our attack, if the going gets tough.

Anyone who was at Peterborough can see that the game was calling out for someone like Armand to cause a few problems in the box, mainly in terms of an aerial presence. Dieseruvwe is a work in progress (as is Armand, but at the moment Armand has that extra pedigree behind him) and should have been the one getting regular game time out on loan.
Twitter: Bodie0402

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users