• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Start Truth?

#1 User is offline   spi1985 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:46 AM

Let's be realistic here, we have only lost 2 on the bounce (3 on Tuesday baring a big upset) we are still a point off the play offs but more importantly we are only 11 points off the bottom 4 with 48 points to play for.

In my opinion we need another 12~14 points to be sure of safety.

Forget the play offs, the expectation needs to vanish as it Is only Going to rub off negativity onto the players.

Chris Turner and Dave Alan are going to really understand what running CFC is all about for the remainder of the season as after selling our best asset to early and for a embarrassing sickening price that t'old Turner has tried to dress up the results are going to see the crowds dwindle gate receipts fall well below their needs and that pathetic price for Doyle disappear before we reach the summer paying off bills rather than supporting Cook.

I've only been watching town for 23 years so not a patch on some of you but the last 2 season's have been the best and most enjoyable by a country mile, this as a club is Our peak with a little bit of ambition shown it could have took us to our dream, which is just to try our luck in the second tier. But anyone with a realistic view knows that dream is now dead, for Now at least.
Yes we're close to the play offs but so are Scunthorpe in 18th.
Morsey will inevitably go in the summer, he is a different Class. Raglan may receive a Few bids, Ryan still not signed.
Its going to be rebuild Time.

The big worry for me is that as I've said, this is the best as a club we have ever been, but we keep hearing we are not sustainable. We are losing a lot of money, allegedly Alan is still having to put large sums of his own money in to pay our debts. Which obviously makes our debt worse?

I Just don't understand if true how we can go on as a club when we slip back into our humble reality of a small club, small fan base, yo yoing between league 1 and 2.

I for one am very worried to How as a club we Can balance the books when We don't sell 2 players for 500k+, get to Wembley twice and win the league ??

Side note, Amard will never ever be a League 1 quality footballer, he is and always will Be terrible.

Evatt was Fantastic Tuesday when All He had to to was throw his Huge fame in front of The ball, normally my heart skips a beat every time the ball goes near him.

Duffy looks very poor, missing Roberts badly.

4~4~2 formation just makes us bypass midfield and hoof it to Armand,Harrison,mani mani.
4~5~1 with overlapping wing backs at least makes us look dangerous.

Lavery may have potential, but we are merely getting Him match fit before returning to Wednesday. He looks like a player that's been our a Year...

Tommy Lee, incredible Shot Stopper, scary on set pieces/ crosses.

Rest of The team I think have been Fantastic This Season.

#2 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:22 PM

It's worth noting that the MK dons and Swindon have lost the last 2 games also.

Maybe we'll be ok?
Here we go again!

#3 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

View PostTrigger (not the freak), on 15 February 2015 - 03:22 PM, said:

It's worth noting that the MK dons and Swindon have lost the last 2 games also.

Maybe we'll be ok?

No, dont torture yourself, we arent good enough. With doyle and roberts in we only had an outside chance of making the play offs imo... we couldnt catch the top 4 and bradford and sheff utd have stronger teams. Now Doyle has gone and we have seen the replacements, there isnt even an outside chance. Main thing now is to pass 50 points and stay up.

#4 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:47 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 15 February 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

No, dont torture yourself, we arent good enough. With doyle and roberts in we only had an outside chance of making the play offs imo... we couldnt catch the top 4 and bradford and sheff utd have stronger teams. Now Doyle has gone and we have seen the replacements, there isnt even an outside chance. Main thing now is to pass 50 points and stay up.

I didn't mean on securing a playoff place.....

We were gash yesterday
Here we go again!

#5 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2015 - 05:51 PM

View PostTrigger (not the freak), on 15 February 2015 - 05:47 PM, said:

I didn't mean on securing a playoff place.....

We were gash yesterday

Ok, with you, yes we were gash and, with the bottom clubs winning, 50 points cant come quickly enough!!

#6 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:22 AM

View Postspi1985, on 15 February 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

Let's be realistic here, we have only lost 2 on the bounce (3 on Tuesday baring a big upset) we are still a point off the play offs but more importantly we are only 11 points off the bottom 4 with 48 points to play for.

In my opinion we need another 12~14 points to be sure of safety.

Forget the play offs, the expectation needs to vanish as it Is only Going to rub off negativity onto the players.

Chris Turner and Dave Alan are going to really understand what running CFC is all about for the remainder of the season as after selling our best asset to early and for a embarrassing sickening price that t'old Turner has tried to dress up the results are going to see the crowds dwindle gate receipts fall well below their needs and that pathetic price for Doyle disappear before we reach the summer paying off bills rather than supporting Cook.

I've only been watching town for 23 years so not a patch on some of you but the last 2 season's have been the best and most enjoyable by a country mile, this as a club is Our peak with a little bit of ambition shown it could have took us to our dream, which is just to try our luck in the second tier. But anyone with a realistic view knows that dream is now dead, for Now at least.
Yes we're close to the play offs but so are Scunthorpe in 18th.
Morsey will inevitably go in the summer, he is a different Class. Raglan may receive a Few bids, Ryan still not signed.
Its going to be rebuild Time.

The big worry for me is that as I've said, this is the best as a club we have ever been, but we keep hearing we are not sustainable. We are losing a lot of money, allegedly Alan is still having to put large sums of his own money in to pay our debts. Which obviously makes our debt worse?

I Just don't understand if true how we can go on as a club when we slip back into our humble reality of a small club, small fan base, yo yoing between league 1 and 2.

I for one am very worried to How as a club we Can balance the books when We don't sell 2 players for 500k+, get to Wembley twice and win the league ??

Side note, Amard will never ever be a League 1 quality footballer, he is and always will Be terrible.

Evatt was Fantastic Tuesday when All He had to to was throw his Huge fame in front of The ball, normally my heart skips a beat every time the ball goes near him.

Duffy looks very poor, missing Roberts badly.

4~4~2 formation just makes us bypass midfield and hoof it to Armand,Harrison,mani mani.
4~5~1 with overlapping wing backs at least makes us look dangerous.

Lavery may have potential, but we are merely getting Him match fit before returning to Wednesday. He looks like a player that's been our a Year...

Tommy Lee, incredible Shot Stopper, scary on set pieces/ crosses.

Rest of The team I think have been Fantastic This Season.

The ambition of the board of directors is my only concern. I realise that Mr Allen wants his money back and I have been the first on other threads to say so, But with the club in its best position since Arthur Cox's days he sold off the crown jewels. Why didnt he give it a go and see if we could have done it then sold off what he needed to in the summer. With the set up at the club at the moment he can set a 15 year plan it isnt going to change a thing. The loyal fans will take the blame the council will take the blame the sale of Season tickets will take the blame but fans will not attend if there is no ambition.
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#7 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:46 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 16 February 2015 - 08:22 AM, said:

The ambition of the board of directors is my only concern. I realise that Mr Allen wants his money back and I have been the first on other threads to say so, But with the club in its best position since Arthur Cox's days he sold off the crown jewels. Why didnt he give it a go and see if we could have done it then sold off what he needed to in the summer. With the set up at the club at the moment he can set a 15 year plan it isnt going to change a thing. The loyal fans will take the blame the council will take the blame the sale of Season tickets will take the blame but fans will not attend if there is no ambition.

So financially are you saying that a Championship place will sort of improve the clubs profitability.
God I hate this league.

#8 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:44 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 16 February 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

So financially are you saying that a Championship place will sort of improve the clubs profitability.

so why would it not? more bums on seats more away fans and selling of merchandise and for Dave Allen a better chance of finding finance.
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#9 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:53 PM

I think this is a dated view. He said at the AGM that he is 'in it for the long haul', so he's changed his mind. I think he would be quite offended by your notion that he sold Doyle just to repay debt. He'd see it as the most effective way of funding long term improvements. Given that's the plan, the conclusion is that DA/CT/PC saw Doyle as dispensible at that price, and I agree. I think we've won the pools.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#10 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

View Postdim view, on 16 February 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

I think this is a dated view. He said at the AGM that he is 'in it for the long haul', so he's changed his mind. I think he would be quite offended by your notion that he sold Doyle just to repay debt. He'd see it as the most effective way of funding long term improvements. Given that's the plan, the conclusion is that DA/CT/PC saw Doyle as dispensible at that price, and I agree. I think we've won the pools.

I think we've lost a fiver and found a quid.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#11 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:09 PM

All I can say to that is God help us if we lose them!

#12 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:12 PM

View Postsophocles, on 16 February 2015 - 06:09 PM, said:

All I can say to that is God help us if we lose them!

lose what?

#13 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:15 PM

You really do make me chuckle, Dave.

I think DA was genuine in his ambitions five years ago, but the extra millions he had to invest after discovering your mate's sums didn't add up, then the millions more he's had to find to pay off staff and fund ongoing losses have left him pretty disillusioned.

I'll be very interested to find out if we're still running at a deficit and flogging off players to plug the gaps.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#14 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:17 PM

won the pools by flogging the country's top scorer for <1mil. crikey. eyup dave allen ^_^

#15 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:17 PM

View Postdim view, on 16 February 2015 - 06:12 PM, said:

lose what?

The pools, which you claim we've won. However, on second thoughts, if giving away our play - off chances, undermining morale and depressing attendances is winning, I think I'd rather lose.

#16 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:18 PM

Are you saying our fans are glory hunters? We're not Man U you know.
Why would loyal fans get the blame? I can just see the press conference now. "Oy you you bunch of loyal fans who come to every game home and away, it's your fault for not buying 2 tickets for every match instead of one".
Only messing, I know what you're getting at. The old fans from the Saltergate days will always be there, it's the newer ones we need to keep. You're right in that a lot of this new breed have pretty much known nothing but success and whilst it is impossible to provide success every year we can at least be shown to be striving for it.

#17 User is offline   Sheffield Blue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Portsmouth Fan

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:19 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 16 February 2015 - 05:44 PM, said:

so why would it not? more bums on seats more away fans and selling of merchandise and for Dave Allen a better chance of finding finance.

You forget that costs also go up with each rung further up the ladder you go. Players and their agents demands increase, significantly.

It takes a brave owner and or CEO to say no to a player when fans always want more.

#18 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 16 February 2015 - 06:21 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 16 February 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

You really do make me chuckle, Dave.

I think DA was genuine in his ambitions five years ago, but the extra millions he had to invest after discovering your mate's sums didn't add up, then the millions more he's had to find to pay off staff and fund ongoing losses have left him pretty disillusioned.

I'll be very interested to find out if we're still running at a deficit and flogging off players to plug the gaps.

heyup. Nice to have a good debate amongst all the dross. Unfortunately, I have to go out. See you later.

#19 User is offline   Gazza 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:46 PM

Finances aside the fans genuinely had hope this season with a push for the play offs, the best hope we've had since Cox was here. The sale of Doyle could not be avoided but now, with the supposed stronger squad I think all hope is gone.
A chap I used to know had a saying, you can live in Hope and die in Castleton, now I know it's you can live in Hope and die in the Proact.

#20 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:07 PM

I feel we are ok as far as relegation is concerned, the development of the team in the future is something that has to be a focal point of all concerned. No doubt that clubs will come in for Morsy darikwa ect. It's down to the management to keep these at bay and the board to back their stance for our future progression. I think Gardner and Banks will progress as the Morsy and Ryan partnership will no doubt be tempted to the championship and beyond. Cookie has a lot of faith in these two youngsters and I'll go with him on that, injuries to both have stunted their growth within the team and that will have to be looked at with a view to keep their fitness levels up. I don't fear for the future but I fear for the time that cookie and co will get if our two midfield mistros move on in the summer.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users