• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

This Is Our Lot

#1 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:11 PM

doubt we will ever make it to championship , all this spin about 5 year plan , when it could be acheived in 4 possibly , accept doyle should have gone but why not done what mk did with dele alli get him loaned back , cardiff arnt going up or down , and wed still have our top scorer , and be replaced half fit players :angry

#2 User is offline   ralspireite1866 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:22 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 15 February 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

doubt we will ever make it to championship , all this spin about 5 year plan , when it could be acheived in 4 possibly , accept doyle should have gone but why not done what mk did with dele alli get him loaned back , cardiff arnt going up or down , and wed still have our top scorer , and be replaced half fit players :angry

The difference with Doyle and Dele Alli is that Cardiff bought Doyle to score goals to keep them in the Championship so they're hardly going to let him go out on loan anywhere. Whereas Spurs bought Alli as an exciting prospect for the future, an investment. They don't need him in the midfield this season as they aren't really fighting for anything.

#3 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:30 PM

View Postralspireite1866, on 15 February 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

The difference with Doyle and Dele Alli is that Cardiff bought Doyle to score goals to keep them in the Championship so they're hardly going to let him go out on loan anywhere. Whereas Spurs bought Alli as an exciting prospect for the future, an investment. They don't need him in the midfield this season as they aren't really fighting for anything.

cardiff are reasonably safe and anyway doyle was a bench warmer last game

#4 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:37 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 15 February 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

cardiff are reasonably safe and anyway doyle was a bench warmer last game

Bench warmer? He played 64 minutes in the first game and came on at the start of the second half for the next game. Would have thought a player could only be considered a bench warmer if they either don't get on at all or only the last 15-20 minutes.

#5 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:41 PM

There was and never will be a chance to loan Doyle the board wanted the money and clearly they also thought we were safe so flogged him to the highest bidder. Our play off chances died with that sale
The championship was the promised land no more than that. Someone also said the titanic couldn't sink.

This post has been edited by martatcross: 15 February 2015 - 12:42 PM

Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#6 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 15 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

View Postmartatcross, on 15 February 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

There was and never will be a chance to loan Doyle the board wanted the money and clearly they also thought we were safe so flogged him to the highest bidder. Our play off chances died with that sale
The championship was the promised land no more than that. Someone also said the titanic couldn't sink.

And plenty on here defended the Doyle sale. Laughable, really.

#7 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

I would have thought the answer was obvious

#8 User is offline   Rudeboy spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:29 PM

I fully agree with the statement "this is our lot", I don't think we will ever get in the championship. Dave Allen has taken us a long way but I can't see him putting any more money in, infact I think he wants his money back and we can't really blame him. Can't see anyone else buying us as it doesn't make economic sense to buy a club like ours. So I will just sit back and enjoy it when I can. By the way I would love to be proved wrong.

#9 User is offline   Freddie 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostGoku, on 15 February 2015 - 12:47 PM, said:

And plenty on here defended the Doyle sale. Laughable, really.

Well I still defend it.

#10 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:57 PM

View PostFreddie, on 15 February 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

Well I still defend it.

As do plenty others, I'm sure. I simply find it laughable.

#11 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostGoku, on 15 February 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

As do plenty others, I'm sure. I simply find it laughable.

Depends how you defend it

In the context of once we knew higher division teams were interested who'd quadruple Doyles wages having to sell for the sake of the player and so we dont have a very drunk off player on our books yoy can defend it

In the context of we need the money you can defend it

It is harder to defend for footballing reasons especially as it is very difficult to replace what Doyle gave us, but the business and not standing in a players way arguments must have won over the football one

#12 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

View PostCartman, on 15 February 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

Depends how you defend it

In the context of once we knew higher division teams were interested who'd quadruple Doyles wages having to sell for the sake of the player and so we dont have a very drunk off player on our books yoy can defend it

In the context of we need the money you can defend it

It is harder to defend for footballing reasons especially as it is very difficult to replace what Doyle gave us, but the business and not standing in a players way arguments must have won over the football one

But would Doyle have been annoyed had we not off loaded him? He's a professional - he was scoring for fun and even he (and his agent) must have realised that come the end of the season he would still have been a very saleable asset and would still have quadrupled his wages.
From a footballing and financial perspective it was suicide. People will see the sale as the club lacking ambition (regardless of debt) and will stop putting their bum on a cold plastic seat if they know that this will be the outcome every year.

This post has been edited by Radders: 15 February 2015 - 02:15 PM

#13 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:30 PM

View PostRadders, on 15 February 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

But would Doyle have been annoyed had we not off loaded him? He's a professional - he was scoring for fun and even he (and his agent) must have realised that come the end of the season he would still have been a very saleable asset and would still have quadrupled his wages.
From a footballing and financial perspective it was suicide. People will see the sale as the club lacking ambition (regardless of debt) and will stop putting their bum on a cold plastic seat if they know that this will be the outcome every year.

I'd suggest anyone would be annoyed at someone preventing them getting a massive pay rise! No matter how 'professional' you perceive them to be, human nature!

#14 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:54 PM

View PostRadders, on 15 February 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

If he hadn't scored the 3 goals in the lead up to the deadline, I don't think he'd have gone, prior to that I don't think he had scored on open play for a while before that

#15 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:55 PM

View PostCartman, on 15 February 2015 - 02:30 PM, said:

I'd suggest anyone would be annoyed at someone preventing them getting a massive pay rise! No matter how 'professional' you perceive them to be, human nature!

Whether he would have been annoyed or not is totally irrelevant - it would still have been in his own interest to continue doing his best so as to attract even better offers at the end of the season. Your 'good business' argument is also wide of the mark- as many of us have been pointing out since the day Doyle was given away for peanuts, the relatively small financial gain will be offset by the inevitable decline in attendances and the next batch of season tickets. As myself and others have said from day one, the decision to sell at that juncture for that money was Unbelievably short - sighted and counter - productive. Now nobody else is offering to buy DA out as far as I know, so we have no choice but to accept it and get on with it because it's his money. None of that, however, prevents us from expressing an opinion about it and it's effect on the club. Mr Allen is intelligent enough to know that his decision will derail our play - off hopes and pull the rug from under PCs feet, but has calculated that it's worth it on balance financially, at least in the short-term. It's his train set and he can do what he likes with it - end of story.

#16 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:59 PM

Big post with lots of assumptions when you and the rest of us do not know the full details of the undisclosed 7 figure deal for Doyle

Amazes me how people can post with such perceived authority on things they know nothing about

#17 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:10 PM

View PostCartman, on 15 February 2015 - 02:59 PM, said:

Big post with lots of assumptions when you and the rest of us do not know the full details of the undisclosed 7 figure deal for Doyle

Amazes me how people can post with such perceived authority on things they know nothing about

Give over - I can't believe there are still apologists pathetically trying to hide behind the deliberately obscure figures quoted by club sources. It's absolutely blindingly obvious to everybody that the fee will only POSSIBLY creep into that mythical 7 figures IF certain conditions are fulfilled at some time in the future. It's obvious to everyone else that that is only a possibility at some unspecified date in the future, so can we give up with this nonsense and look at the situation AS IT REALLY IS ? In any case if the fairy tale fantasy you're still clinging to with growing desperation ever materialised, it still wouldn't counteract any of the points I made.

#18 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:21 PM

View Postsophocles, on 15 February 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

Give over - I can't believe there are still apologists pathetically trying to hide behind the deliberately obscure figures quoted by club sources. It's absolutely blindingly obvious to everybody that the fee will only POSSIBLY creep into that mythical 7 figures IF certain conditions are fulfilled at some time in the future. It's obvious to everyone else that that is only a possibility at some unspecified date in the future, so can we give up with this nonsense and look at the situation AS IT REALLY IS ? In any case if the fairy tale fantasy you're still clinging to with growing desperation ever materialised, it still wouldn't counteract any of the points I made.

Obvious is it?
Not being an apologist, I hate undisclosed fees and wanted a big fee for Doyle, it just amazes me how people think they know details of a deal that in reality they know little about!

To post the way you have been doing I would expect you to know the exact details of the deal, you dont, therefore your posts are easy to dismiss!

Unless of course you can tell me:

The exact up front payment from Cardiff
The structure and amount of any installment payments
The exact clauses that trigger any additional payments
The details of any sell on clause

#19 User is offline   Humpalumpa 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

View PostRudeboy spireite, on 15 February 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

I fully agree with the statement "this is our lot", I don't think we will ever get in the championship. Dave Allen has taken us a long way but I can't see him putting any more money in, infact I think he wants his money back and we can't really blame him. Can't see anyone else buying us as it doesn't make economic sense to buy a club like ours. So I will just sit back and enjoy it when I can. By the way I would love to be proved wrong.

Agreed, the original plan, what was it 5 years to get into the championship is now into its 6/7th year isn't it?

Think you're correct with the above.

This was the best opportunity to make the play-offs, I can see this season fizzling out, crowds dropping now, just hope we've got enough left to avoid needing 4+ points from the last two games Bristol City & Sheffield United to avoid the trap door!

So much promise, all blown away after yesterday, along with the general performances over the last 3 games.

This post has been edited by Humpalumpa: 15 February 2015 - 03:33 PM

The pride of Derbyshire

#20 User is offline   BlueDay 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

5 year plan was raised in the summer of 2009, we are already into Season 6 after it being mentioned.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users