Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Very Disappointed Today. I Expected A Lot Better From Them... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Very Disappointed Today. I Expected A Lot Better From Them...

#81 User is offline   matlocktown 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:07 PM

View Postazul, on 26 January 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

So you'll be dropping Derby and coming across to watch your local league team in future

You know it makes sense

No that won't happen but you are worth watching on the odd occasion, one thing that is worth pointing out it is cheaper most of the time to watch Derby than Chesterfield, you don't do bad on crowds but maybe with lower prices you could do better. We punch above our weight on attendances because the prices are right.

#82 User is offline   TownRam 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:09 PM

View Postazul, on 26 January 2015 - 01:55 PM, said:

So you'll be dropping Derby and coming across to watch your local league team in future

You know it makes sense

I could never do that, Derby through and through i'm afraid. Had a season ticket for 23 years, good and bad, but as my local team, and the old man being a ST holder i do maintain an interest in town. Glad it's over though, some of the banter with my mates went a little over the top. For me good outcome all round, we won, town played well and got plaudits. We can all move on from now with our respective seasons.

#83 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

View Postmatlocktown, on 26 January 2015 - 02:07 PM, said:

No that won't happen but you are worth watching on the odd occasion, one thing that is worth pointing out it is cheaper most of the time to watch Derby than Chesterfield, you don't do bad on crowds but maybe with lower prices you could do better. We punch above our weight on attendances because the prices are right.

It's cheap to watch Derby otherwise the stadium would be half empty. Town operate on a 70-75% full basis in the home ends so no need to reduce prices, as if they did overall income may be down.

#84 User is offline   TownRam 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

I would not say we punch above our weight, we have always been well supported but numbers fell under previous regimes and managers due to the football on offer. Now the football is better and admittedly prices are lower the fans have started coming back.

#85 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 26 January 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

It's cheap to watch Derby otherwise the stadium would be half empty. Town operate on a 70-75% full basis in the home ends so no need to reduce prices, as if they did overall income may be down.

Not sure what levies Championship clubs receive per annum in total versus what League One clubs get, the one bit of information I can find on the 'net is that the Premier League gives Championship clubs 'solidarity' payments of £2.3M per season, whereas League One clubs receive only £300k. That £2M goes a long way to subsidising gate receipts.

#86 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

On the train form Matlock I was surprised to see so many blue scarfs. Obviously outnumbered by Derby fans but still a surprise, although there is always a few wearing CFC stuff at the Marlock games
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#87 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 26 January 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

Agree, I don't think we would get significantly more if we dropped our prices a fiver. It pretty reasonable for families to go already

Think the prices for Doncaster are ridiculous though, there just isn't the demand for that game to justify it

#88 User is offline   matlocktown 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:09 PM

View PostTownRam, on 26 January 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

I would not say we punch above our weight, we have always been well supported but numbers fell under previous regimes and managers due to the football on offer. Now the football is better and admittedly prices are lower the fans have started coming back.

If you compare us to say the dee-dah clubs or Forest, in terms of overall fan base similar, Wednesday probably have more fans but we pull the bigger crowds and did before we got a decent team together. Our leaders have been very imaginative getting people to the ground, I notice Sheff United copying some ideas free season tickets for under 12's with an adult one etc. Those schemes have worked for us yes we have the capacity but I wouldn't pay £20 plus to watch third tier football on a regular basis for sure.

#89 User is offline   Number 9 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:20 PM

View Postmatlocktown, on 26 January 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

If you compare us to say the dee-dah clubs or Forest, in terms of overall fan base similar, Wednesday probably have more fans but we pull the bigger crowds and did before we got a decent team together. Our leaders have been very imaginative getting people to the ground, I notice Sheff United copying some ideas free season tickets for under 12's with an adult one etc. Those schemes have worked for us yes we have the capacity but I wouldn't pay £20 plus to watch third tier football on a regular basis for sure.
Gob smacked when it advertised Derbys match v Blackburn @ £19 next Tuesday. Had a look on Towns web site and a ticket for Donny is £27 including the £1 booking fee. True fans will go where their heart is but for those "neutrals" who pick and choose, I'd have to say that going to Derby would be as cheap going from round here, even including transport costs, for a division higher. Just wonder of its greed on Towns part or a better marketing structure @ Derby?

#90 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:26 PM

Those prices are an example of the pros and cons of the Catergory system.

£27 is a disgrace for Donny in my eyes for League 1 football where as £19 for a Championship game against a half decent opposition is reasonably priced and you can see Derbys marketing team have realised a midweek fixture won't be a sell out if its a normal price.

Personally I think our prices are too high but the demand is still there so you can't blame town for not lowering them - though I do think we have got the Catergory system all wrong. Midweek games at home should be a couple of quid less - tomorrow crowd will be the lowest of the season I assume so would have thought we would have been proactive in the marketing and pricing and knocked a few quid off for those who went to the Derby game or just in general to try and get some of the bandwagoners back in.

No money to be made in empty seats, and there will be 5000 odd of those tomorrow night unfortunately.

#91 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:27 PM

Derby do a demand pricing thing though so whist they may look cheaper early on as the game gets closer etc it gets more expensive and one person buying an hour after someone else could end up paying a lot more. Explained here :-

http://www.wearederb...ased-ticketing/

Games arent always £19 either...for various upcoming home games they have tickets starting at £10, £17.50, £19.50, and £22.50! Also for what its worth i've done a quick scan of their online ticket site and cant actually find a seat for £19 on their. Few in bits behind goals that are £20 so it could be them plus the £1 online fee as they have the same online software as us. To compare properly to the Proact you would pay £27 to sit in the better seats in the West Stand so to sit side on at the iPro tomorrow night you are looking at £26 to £28.

Apparently there is one part of the ground that doesnt do the demand pricing as they use it to set the price that away fans will pay....think its the south stand but not 100% sure on that.

This post has been edited by JonB: 26 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

#92 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:34 PM

View PostNumber 9, on 26 January 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

Gob smacked when it advertised Derbys match v Blackburn @ £19 next Tuesday. Had a look on Towns web site and a ticket for Donny is £27 including the £1 booking fee. True fans will go where their heart is but for those "neutrals" who pick and choose, I'd have to say that going to Derby would be as cheap going from round here, even including transport costs, for a division higher. Just wonder of its greed on Towns part or a better marketing structure @ Derby?

You should have quoted the Crawley game (at £20) as a truer comparison but I suppose you were just going for maximum effect by finding the most expensive ticket you could get

I agree the Doncaster game is daft as the demand for that game just isn't there

I think £21 (including booking fee) is a very fair price to watch the quality football CFC produces and personally I'd rather pay that than watch Derby even if I could get a £19 ticket

#93 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

View PostJonB, on 26 January 2015 - 03:27 PM, said:

Derby do a demand pricing thing though so whist they may look cheaper early on as the game gets closer etc it gets more expensive and one person buying an hour after someone else could end up paying a lot more. Explained here :-

http://www.wearederb...ased-ticketing/

Games arent always £19 either...for various upcoming home games they have tickets starting at £10, £17.50, £19.50, and £22.50! Also for what its worth i've done a quick scan of their online ticket site and cant actually find a seat for £19 on their. Few in bits behind goals that are £20 so it could be them plus the £1 online fee as they have the same online software as us. To compare properly to the Proact you would pay £27 to sit in the better seats in the West Stand so to sit side on at the iPro tomorrow night you are looking at £26 to £28.

Its a shame our own supporters work so hard to do the club down

There is also economies of scale to consider. Much easier to offer deals when you have to fill a 33000 stadium.

#94 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:38 PM

View Postazul, on 26 January 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

Its a shame our own supporters work so hard to do the club down

There is also economies of scale to consider. Much easier to offer deals when you have to fill a 33000 stadium.

Something i've said on numerous occasions when folk start comparing our season tickets to the price you might pay to sit in a dark corner of the Etihad where they have 50,000 to fill, numerous games to try and sell out and middle east oil money to subsidise it!

#95 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

View PostMersey Paradise, on 26 January 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

£27 is a disgrace for Donny in my eyes for League 1 football where as £19 for a Championship game against a half decent opposition is reasonably priced and you can see Derbys marketing team have realised a midweek fixture won't be a sell out if its a normal price.

Personally I think our prices are too high but the demand is still there so you can't blame town for not lowering them - though I do think we have got the Catergory system all wrong. Midweek games at home should be a couple of quid less - tomorrow crowd will be the lowest of the season I assume so would have thought we would have been proactive in the marketing and pricing and knocked a few quid off for those who went to the Derby game or just in general to try and get some of the bandwagoners back in.

No money to be made in empty seats, and there will be 5000 odd of those tomorrow night unfortunately.

As supporters & sponsors, we all want cheaper prices, however, prices need to increase.

#96 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:41 PM

View Postmatlocktown, on 26 January 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

The performance on Saturday was hard to judge on that basis due to a change in formation, we had previously used the same 4-2-3-1 system ever since Mac took over, he tried the 5 at the back which didn't work first-half and then a different system again second half.

In general you outplayed us throughout the match, I have seen you before it is clear you have some good footballers and the team plays from the back, not sure your centre-halfs are the best defenders though and that maybe is why we won.

What the changes in formation showed was the limitations in some of our players and the total failiure to adapt, no excuses we were second best in everything but the most important, putting the ball in the net.

I think there is a certain arrogance on our main forum about how good the club and team is, I agree we would need big changes should we make it which I rate a 50/50 call, our team is very committed and hard working to a man, loads of energy at our best that stifles the life out of the opposition, we also have the best midfielder in the league in Hughes and the best striker in Martin, we have lost Ibe who put fear in the opponent with his pace and quick feet, our other wide won't hold the same fear. Defensively they are all good in the air but against a side like Chesterfield who can play with accuracy on the floor, very vulnerable, especially at full-back.

I was very impressed with your team, especially the right-back I would love him at Derby, fans expected a bit more to be honest, loud at times but like us at present the ones that take off are the generic crap ones.

I agree with those that raised eyebrows at Radio Derby analysis, to me it bore no relation to a match you outplayed us right through but that is usual these days it is little more than a cheerleading forum for DCFC, shame as it used to be so good. The DCFC forums I use which are not the big one were very complimentary to your team and they are the ones best worth a browse.

Good luck rest of the season that type of football deserves credit, I think you will need a stronger centre-half to make the play-offs.

Lovely to see some good comments from the Derby fans (there's a few more on the main forum now as well). TBF I was a bit peeved when I started this thread as I really enjoyed the game and my visit to your gaff and even though we lost we put in a very good account of ourselves and I was really looking forward to reading the Derby forums to feel even prouder of my team by lapping up all the nice stuff said about my team, but there wasn't one comment on how well we played or nothing, just excuse after excuse and digs at our fans and that did pee me of a little TBF. Even the Leeds fans where very complimentary towards us after we played them off the park at Elland road last season, but yet this seemed beneath Derby and was as though you're too big for your own boots and needed taking down a level or two (It's worked wonders for Pompey).

Great day out other than that and thank you for your kind comments.
#notapennymore

#97 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:51 PM

View PostMersey Paradise, on 26 January 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

It's £22 in the South Stand is it not, some still might say that that is too expensive for Donny

However there is no money made in selling tickets artificially low either

Good example Scunthorpe FA cup, tickets £12 a pop and only just over 6000 turned up to see us claim a place in the 4th round against Derby

I reckon if we dropped the price to £15 only a couple of hundred more would tempted.

Tomorrow night we may struggled to get 5000 and family stands will be little more than half full due to the fact that season tickets for these areas are almost throw way prices

This post has been edited by azul: 26 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

#98 User is offline   TownRam 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 26 January 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

Lovely to see some good comments from the Derby fans (there's a few more on the main forum now as well). TBF I was a bit peeved when I started this thread as I really enjoyed the game and my visit to your gaff and even though we lost we put in a very good account of ourselves and I was really looking forward to reading the Derby forums to feel even prouder of my team by lapping up all the nice stuff said about my team, but there wasn't one comment on how well we played or nothing, just excuse after excuse and digs at our fans and that did pee me of a little TBF. Even the Leeds fans where very complimentary towards us after we played them off the park at Elland road last season, but yet this seemed beneath Derby and was as though you're too big for your own boots and needed taking down a level or two (It's worked wonders for Pompey).

Out of interest what forum did you go on? The one i'm on seemed quite complimentary towards town, thing is you always get idiots going on other forums giving everyone else a bad name (hopefully not me, just trying to put an opinion across). A couple of town fans have been on our forum being d*cks so the forum jumps on them and tars everyone with the same brush. The sensible posters have been very impressed by you. Shame we weren't at it and show you what we are like when we are on our game.

#99 User is offline   TownRam 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:55 PM

View Postazul, on 26 January 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

It's £22 in the South Stand is it not, some still might say that that is too expensive for Donny

However there is no money made in selling tickets artificially low either

Good example Scunthorpe FA cup, tickets £12 a pop and only just over 6000 turned up to see us claim a place in the 4th round against Derby

I reckon if we dropped the price to £15 only a couple of hundred more would tempted.

Tomorrow night we may struggled to get 5000 and family stands will be little more than half full due to the fact that season tickets for these areas are almost throw way prices

Surely you will get at least 6000, you brought 5700 with you on Sat. :ninja:

#100 User is offline   matlocktown 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 26 January 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

There is an element of delusions of granduer at present, which always makes me uncomfortable as when we have got too big for our real status in the past it has led to a fall. We are not a big club, a well supported provincial county club is what we are, we are not as big as Leeds as many on that forum made out when we had our games against them. That forum is the biggest but not the best DCFC forum it has the quantity but the quality posters and discussion is on 2 of the others.

A lot of our fans were expecting a comfortable game, I didn't I have seen you play and was aware if you played well on the day your brand of football was always likely to expose our weaknesses. That said I was always confident we would win because I don't think you are the best defensively, other than the right-back who stands out.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users