Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Very Disappointed Today. I Expected A Lot Better From Them... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Very Disappointed Today. I Expected A Lot Better From Them...

#61 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:00 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 25 January 2015 - 12:25 AM, said:

I guess being fair to Derby it wasn't a full strength side and the Rams have said they didn't play that well

It's funny how teams don't seem to play well against us, how can they all have off days when they are against chesterfield? We work hard and force teams into mistakes and use simple pass and move techniques to make sides look bad. Over the last few weeks we have destroyed port vale who arnt far off us, had the Swindon gaffer saying they were poor and reducing a team top of the championship to less of the play in their own back yard!

Stirring effort today, just a little toothless up top
Here we go again!

#62 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:22 AM

Not suprised we hardly tested the Derby keeper when we keep playing the leagues top scorer as a winger to accommodate Armand.,Derby should have been out of sight the chances they created second half with one on ones goal line clearances etc.Yes we enjoyed the majority of posession and out passed Derby but they had the cutting edge.Football's all about creating and scoring goals we just fell short in that area but can still be proud of our footballing ethos.A far more important game on Tuesday when all the one game wonders will be parked infront of their tv's just hope it's not after the lord mayors show.

#63 User is offline   sewey89 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 05:54 AM

View PostSALTERGATE, on 24 January 2015 - 10:16 PM, said:

Chant of the day from us: 9 points in the Premier League....loved that one

They got 11 points though...? :unsure:

#64 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:12 AM

View Postsewey89, on 25 January 2015 - 05:54 AM, said:

They got 11 points though...? :unsure:

Could have been about next season ��

This post has been edited by Spired: 25 January 2015 - 09:13 AM

#65 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:35 AM

View PostTrigger (not the freak), on 25 January 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

It's funny how teams don't seem to play well against us, how can they all have off days when they are against chesterfield? We work hard and force teams into mistakes and use simple pass and move techniques to make sides look bad. Over the last few weeks we have destroyed port vale who arnt far off us, had the Swindon gaffer saying they were poor and reducing a team top of the championship to less of the play in their own back yard!

Sums it up perfectly for me, especially the opening line.
#notapennymore

#66 User is offline   jack'smyboy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostTownRam, on 24 January 2015 - 10:38 PM, said:

Jones had a few moments himself today. Was it him who did the fish out of water against Sheff Utd? 😂😂

His play acting after was a poor show, but it most certainly wasn't a dive!

#67 User is offline   TownRam 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:53 AM

View Postjack, on 25 January 2015 - 09:45 AM, said:

His play acting after was a poor show, but it most certainly wasn't a dive!

In my opinion diving/play acting should all be stamped out. Retrospective punishment for me.

#68 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:59 AM

View PostTownRam, on 25 January 2015 - 09:53 AM, said:

In my opinion diving/play acting should all be stamped out. Retrospective punishment for me.

Not disagreeing there, though you brought our bloke up to defend yours and in Jones's case a 20 stone Higdon completely took Jones out with a shocker of a tackle that he deservedly saw a straight red for. I'm not condoning Jones's reaction, but that had to hurt and Jones was lucky as I’ve seen careers finished with tackles like that one.
#notapennymore

#69 User is offline   TownRam 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 25 January 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

Not disagreeing there, though you brought our bloke up to defend yours and in Jones's case a 20 stone Higdon completely took Jones out with a shocker of a tackle that he deservedly saw a straight red for. I'm not condoning Jones's reaction, but that had to hurt and Jones was lucky as I’ve seen careers finished with tackles like that one.

In fairness to Martin, he does go down easily but I think that has been born out of frustration. Having watched him for the last few year she does get a rough deal from CB's and refs tend to ignore it. He prob feels he needs to exaggerate it to get anything. Another debate is refereeing. It's terrible in PL, shocking in chumpionship so hate to think what you have to deal with.

#70 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:08 AM

View PostTownRam, on 25 January 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

In fairness to Martin, he does go down easily but I think that has been born out of frustration. Having watched him for the last few year she does get a rough deal from CB's and refs tend to ignore it. He prob feels he needs to exaggerate it to get anything. Another debate is refereeing. It's terrible in PL, shocking in chumpionship so hate to think what you have to deal with.

Aye, Martin's a real girl - your own words ;)

Refereeing is very poor in league one and we have had our fair share of divers over the last few seasons - Jack Lester, though in fairness to him he was quality at it and Gary Roberts, who.. let's just say isn't quite so good, lol

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 25 January 2015 - 10:09 AM

#notapennymore

#71 User is offline   stevie_b 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:33 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 24 January 2015 - 10:22 PM, said:

I presume Chris Martin is normally better than that.

A rubbish dive and that was about it. Has the physique of a pub player too.

He has the physique of me before I went to Fat Club and lost 5 stones!

Carrie

This post has been edited by carrie69: 25 January 2015 - 11:34 AM

#72 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostTrigger (not the freak), on 25 January 2015 - 01:00 AM, said:

fair comment
A new hope.

#73 User is offline   TownRam 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:15 PM

View Postcarrie69, on 25 January 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

He has the physique of me before I went to Fat Club and lost 5 stones!

Carrie

Yet no player in England has scored more goals over the last 18 months.

#74 User is offline   stevie_b 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

View PostTownRam, on 25 January 2015 - 01:15 PM, said:

Yet no player in England has scored more goals over the last 18 months.

That may be true - dunno as I haven't checked - but I'm prepared to accept it. He's still well overweight for a professional sportsman though!

He'd feel better with some weight off. Take it from one who knows.

C xxx (reformed fat bas**rd)

This post has been edited by carrie69: 25 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

#75 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:12 PM

View PostTownRam, on 24 January 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

Some dodgy statements here tbh. What forum you guys going on? On the main forum the general opinion is that town played well. It was obvious everything was going through Morsey, why no1 closed him down I will never know. We were terrible, largely in the first half due to the fact that 2 of the 3 CB's didn't have a clue what they were doing and a lot of the time being caught in no mans land. Second half again an unfamiliar formation. SM said after the game he wanted to use the game to smaple a plan b/c and we were lucky but for all your good play and endeavour I would argue Lee was the busier keeper. It's no good creating the chance if you can't convert them.
Southport did out sing you but that's to be expected when you bring so many who don't travel away that often.

As for the idiot who mentioned the Philpott chant at Fulham I was there and can't recall hearing that. No true rams fan would do anything like that.

All in all you did well and are credit to League 1. But I suppose the different in class shone through.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Can you tell us how yesterdays performance compares to your League games. I genuinely thought you were poor and that you would have to have wholesale changes should you get promoted.
God I hate this league.

#76 User is offline   matlocktown 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 12:46 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 25 January 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

Can you tell us how yesterdays performance compares to your League games. I genuinely thought you were poor and that you would have to have wholesale changes should you get promoted.

The performance on Saturday was hard to judge on that basis due to a change in formation, we had previously used the same 4-2-3-1 system ever since Mac took over, he tried the 5 at the back which didn't work first-half and then a different system again second half.

In general you outplayed us throughout the match, I have seen you before it is clear you have some good footballers and the team plays from the back, not sure your centre-halfs are the best defenders though and that maybe is why we won.

What the changes in formation showed was the limitations in some of our players and the total failiure to adapt, no excuses we were second best in everything but the most important, putting the ball in the net.

I think there is a certain arrogance on our main forum about how good the club and team is, I agree we would need big changes should we make it which I rate a 50/50 call, our team is very committed and hard working to a man, loads of energy at our best that stifles the life out of the opposition, we also have the best midfielder in the league in Hughes and the best striker in Martin, we have lost Ibe who put fear in the opponent with his pace and quick feet, our other wide won't hold the same fear. Defensively they are all good in the air but against a side like Chesterfield who can play with accuracy on the floor, very vulnerable, especially at full-back.

I was very impressed with your team, especially the right-back I would love him at Derby, fans expected a bit more to be honest, loud at times but like us at present the ones that take off are the generic crap ones.

I agree with those that raised eyebrows at Radio Derby analysis, to me it bore no relation to a match you outplayed us right through but that is usual these days it is little more than a cheerleading forum for DCFC, shame as it used to be so good. The DCFC forums I use which are not the big one were very complimentary to your team and they are the ones best worth a browse.

Good luck rest of the season that type of football deserves credit, I think you will need a stronger centre-half to make the play-offs.

#77 User is offline   TownRam 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:08 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 25 January 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

Saturdays performance was like watching a different team, we tried a new formation in each half, the first half we were shambolic at the back, defender, wing back and midfielders looking at each other like they didn't know their jobs, you doubled up alot on our wingbacks and we didn't seem to know if it was a centre back or a midfielder who should be helping out. Second half we went to a 4312 with Martin dropping in behind Russell and Bent. Neither formation suited really. The way we usually play is 4123, with a holding midfielder with two infront pushing on and playing off Martin and two wide players also pushing on. that is the style we have played since SM has been in charge. I believe the problem was that SM was trying to get Bent in the team. It was an experimental game for us, luckily the experiment paid off. Hughes is our main man, alot of people say he's overated but if you actually watch him he never wastes a pass, his weight of pass is always spot on and he makes the game look effortless, it seems to be that highly rated midfielders these days, like Zaha, Ince need to beat 10 players, have an abudance of pace and score every game, Hughes doesn't that but what he does do he does very well. Look where it got Zaha and Ince. Our major problem at the minute is that we are missing our two CDM's in Thorne and Eustace, we can play all the nice football but lack that bit of bite. Omar Mascarell has been doing it of late and is ok but is very lightweight, typical Spanish CDM, when he plays we need to crowd the midfield. All in all we will need a few new players should we go up but with the same token we need to get players back in form, Christie, Forsyth, Bryson, Hendrick, Dawkins are all lacking form, Ward was on fire but got injured and looks rusty. But with a win tomorrow and we are joint top so not all bad, if we can hit some form we will be fine. You guys saw us Sat far from our best trying 2 new systems. Take nothing away from you though, if you were to go up i would say you would need a little more quality upfront but the football is there for all to see

View Postmatlocktown, on 26 January 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

The performance on Saturday was hard to judge on that basis due to a change in formation, we had previously used the same 4-2-3-1 system ever since Mac took over, he tried the 5 at the back which didn't work first-half and then a different system again second half.

In general you outplayed us throughout the match, I have seen you before it is clear you have some good footballers and the team plays from the back, not sure your centre-halfs are the best defenders though and that maybe is why we won.

What the changes in formation showed was the limitations in some of our players and the total failiure to adapt, no excuses we were second best in everything but the most important, putting the ball in the net.

I think there is a certain arrogance on our main forum about how good the club and team is, I agree we would need big changes should we make it which I rate a 50/50 call, our team is very committed and hard working to a man, loads of energy at our best that stifles the life out of the opposition, we also have the best midfielder in the league in Hughes and the best striker in Martin, we have lost Ibe who put fear in the opponent with his pace and quick feet, our other wide won't hold the same fear. Defensively they are all good in the air but against a side like Chesterfield who can play with accuracy on the floor, very vulnerable, especially at full-back.

I was very impressed with your team, especially the right-back I would love him at Derby, fans expected a bit more to be honest, loud at times but like us at present the ones that take off are the generic crap ones.

I agree with those that raised eyebrows at Radio Derby analysis, to me it bore no relation to a match you outplayed us right through but that is usual these days it is little more than a cheerleading forum for DCFC, shame as it used to be so good. The DCFC forums I use which are not the big one were very complimentary to your team and they are the ones best worth a browse.

Good luck rest of the season that type of football deserves credit, I think you will need a stronger centre-half to make the play-offs.

Agreed, although the formation is more of a 4-1-2-2-1 if im being picky, we only play with one CDM.

#78 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostTownRam, on 26 January 2015 - 01:08 PM, said:

Saturdays performance was like watching a different team, we tried a new formation in each half, the first half we were shambolic at the back, defender, wing back and midfielders looking at each other like they didn't know their jobs, you doubled up alot on our wingbacks and we didn't seem to know if it was a centre back or a midfielder who should be helping out. Second half we went to a 4312 with Martin dropping in behind Russell and Bent. Neither formation suited really. The way we usually play is 4123, with a holding midfielder with two infront pushing on and playing off Martin and two wide players also pushing on. that is the style we have played since SM has been in charge. I believe the problem was that SM was trying to get Bent in the team. It was an experimental game for us, luckily the experiment paid off. Hughes is our main man, alot of people say he's overated but if you actually watch him he never wastes a pass, his weight of pass is always spot on and he makes the game look effortless, it seems to be that highly rated midfielders these days, like Zaha, Ince need to beat 10 players, have an abudance of pace and score every game, Hughes doesn't that but what he does do he does very well. Look where it got Zaha and Ince. Our major problem at the minute is that we are missing our two CDM's in Thorne and Eustace, we can play all the nice football but lack that bit of bite. Omar Mascarell has been doing it of late and is ok but is very lightweight, typical Spanish CDM, when he plays we need to crowd the midfield. All in all we will need a few new players should we go up but with the same token we need to get players back in form, Christie, Forsyth, Bryson, Hendrick, Dawkins are all lacking form, Ward was on fire but got injured and looks rusty. But with a win tomorrow and we are joint top so not all bad, if we can hit some form we will be fine. You guys saw us Sat far from our best trying 2 new systems. Take nothing away from you though, if you were to go up i would say you would need a little more quality upfront but the football is there for all to see

Agreed, although the formation is more of a 4-1-2-2-1 if im being picky, we only play with one CDM.

Hughes is quality. I very much doubt you will be able to hang into him for another year.

#79 User is offline   TownRam 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 26 January 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

Hughes is quality. I very much doubt you will be able to hang into him for another year.

I think if we go up we will be okay, he's down to earth and seems to love playing for Derby, he only needs look at Zaha and Ince to know not to move too soon. I think any sale will be on a loan back agreement. Plus he's working with good coaches at Derby and playing week in week out.

#80 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 26 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

View Postmatlocktown, on 26 January 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

So you'll be dropping Derby and coming across to watch your local league team in future

You know it makes sense
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users