Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: The Fa Cup - Is It Primarily A Cheap Scouting Network For The Prems? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Fa Cup - Is It Primarily A Cheap Scouting Network For The Prems?

#21 User is online   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:10 PM

View PostYenx, on 23 January 2015 - 09:00 PM, said:

I thought to start an intelligent debate on the free scouting network afforded by televised FA cup games

I should have known better! :-)

OK I'll join in

Don't think it is really, I think big club scouting networks run much deeper than watching the odd game on TV

Obviously if a rated player from a lower league club does well against top opposition then it might encourage a bid

Don't give up on debate though….

I tried to discuss the injuries we have tomorrow but people were worried taking a picture of the away following :rolleyes:
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#22 User is offline   Yenx 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Quest for Logical and Sensible Debate

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:16 PM

I wasn't trying to suggest it was the main means of scouting, but from a fans perspective, seeing your favourite "pet" lower league player snapped up by a club that you don't feel is much better than yours hurts.

I think there's definitely lazy scouting goes on out there.

PS who IS taking photos of the crowd tomorrow? I feel that's an important point of debate too :-)
It's not the despair. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

#23 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:47 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 23 January 2015 - 08:55 PM, said:

At 1/2 surely it's tiem to lump on Man U even allowing for the team they have out. Should still have too much quality in the end

Draw Manure in the cup and it is like……...

a. Printing your own money
b. Stealing candy from a baby
c. Money for old rope

Select as many as you desire
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#24 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:51 PM

View Postazul, on 23 January 2015 - 09:47 PM, said:

Draw Manure in the cup and it is like……...

a. Printing your own money
b. Stealing candy from a baby
c. Money for old rope

Select as many as you desire

It certainly will be a and c for Cambridge in the replay, what a money spinner for them that is now

#25 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:51 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 23 January 2015 - 08:58 PM, said:

Lads, lads, Warfey and Dave..look I'll probably get sleighed for this..is it possible to stop turning every thread into a Warfey v DIFH laugh-a-thon..
Please!

Don't know what to say to that Merc, you could just encourage him more:sunglasses
God I hate this league.

#26 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:53 PM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 23 January 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

Don't know what to say to that Merc, you could just encourage him more:sunglasses

Lol..true
East stand second class citizen.

#27 User is offline   Paragon of Virtue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:56 PM

I reckon we'd have United if they showed up at the Proact and played like that.

#28 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:20 PM

View PostYenx, on 23 January 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

Point being no matter how dire they may be, one televised performance highlights any slight glimmer of talent to anyone watching.

Including mediocre teams at a higher level.

What has been billed as Cambridges "dream" fixture could strip them of their best players in a heartbeat.

It just struck me as I was watching

It could also add seven figures to the bank balance, a massive amount of money to CUFC

Point being no matter how dire they may be, one televised performance highlights any slight glimmer of talent to anyone watching.

What has been billed as Cambridges "dream" fixture could strip them of their best players in a heartbeat.

It could also add seven figures to the bank balance, a massive amount of money to CUFC

A new hope.

#29 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:22 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 23 January 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

I think we get your drift lol..

#30 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:27 PM

View PostDema Reborn, on 23 January 2015 - 11:22 PM, said:

I think we get your drift lol..

I phones had paddy by the look of it!!!
A new hope.

#31 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:30 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 23 January 2015 - 11:27 PM, said:

I phones had paddy by the look of it!!!

Don't know if it is me ok United were utter garbage but i reckon Cambridge wanted the replay,if town had played United i would have expected town to win and win easy....

This post has been edited by Dema Reborn: 23 January 2015 - 11:32 PM

#32 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:35 PM

View PostDema Reborn, on 23 January 2015 - 11:30 PM, said:

Don't know if it is me ok United were utter garbage but i reckon Cambridge wanted the replay,if town had played United i would have expected town to win and win easy....

Utd looked a side lacking desire fight and confidence to me. And a squad lacking any quality in depth
A new hope.

#33 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:38 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 23 January 2015 - 11:35 PM, said:

Utd looked a side lacking desire fight and confidence to me. And a squad lacking any quality in depth

Some players off there game Jones and Valencia were dire,think we changed for better when Herra came on,cup is a great leveller and gives me hope for tomorrow....

#34 User is offline   Denny 

• First Team Player
  • Group: Admin

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:15 AM

For our players this is probably a key game if championship clubs are watching them.
How they do against a top end championship team might be enough for them to pull the trigger on throwing some big money our way. Doyle in particular for this window. but possibly as important for tendayi/clucas/Ryan/morsy too.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users