Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Ched Evans Training At Sheff Utd - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (45 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ched Evans Training At Sheff Utd

#861 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:14 PM

View Posth again, on 10 January 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

Inclined to agree with that. Legally the case proceeded properly and the rapist was dealt with by due process, despite some distinctly strange evidence. The offender was released on licence after half the sentence, with the right to continue in his employment, and is now seeking a review and claiming innocence, as is his right under law - that's the law of England under which we all enjoy peace, freedom and free speech. The price for that enormous benefit is to accept that same law, even if we don't agree with it, because the alternative is too horrible to think about, as we're seeing at the moment.
Mob rule, abuse and threats of violence such as is determining the case of Evans should play no part in that law, because once it wins, where do you stop it?
The only complication is that Evans was wrong to seek to resume his career before his case had been reviewed. Had he come out of the nick and announced that he was not prepared to seek employment as a footballer until his case was finished with he might have enjoyed a lot more public support, even if the verdict gone against him. If it had he should have waited until the rest of his sentence had elapsed, and then been entitled to resume his career in football.
He's either very thick, or very badly advised.

Yes, presumably he is in a hurry to get back playing and earn some more wonga. Of course if he waited til the 5 years was up, his playing days would be almost up.

#862 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:25 PM

View Posth again, on 10 January 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

Inclined to agree with that. Legally the case proceeded properly and the rapist was dealt with by due process, despite some distinctly strange evidence. The offender was released on licence after half the sentence, with the right to continue in his employment, and is now seeking a review and claiming innocence, as is his right under law - that's the law of England under which we all enjoy peace, freedom and free speech. The price for that enormous benefit is to accept that same law, even if we don't agree with it, because the alternative is too horrible to think about, as we're seeing at the moment.
Mob rule, abuse and threats of violence such as is determining the case of Evans should play no part in that law, because once it wins, where do you stop it?
The only complication is that Evans was wrong to seek to resume his career before his case had been reviewed. Had he come out of the nick and announced that he was not prepared to seek employment as a footballer until his case was finished with he might have enjoyed a lot more public support, even if the verdict gone against him. If it had he should have waited until the rest of his sentence had elapsed, and then been entitled to resume his career in football.
He's either very thick, or very badly advised.

Are you referring to Oldham's claims of threats of violence against there staff?

I'm relieved that they have finally reported this to the police because as of yesterday they had not!

I was beginning to suspect that this was a smokescreen put up be Oldham to deflect criticism and justify their decision making.

This type of intimidation is taken very serious these days. I look forward to the prosecutions.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#863 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:30 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 10 January 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

"Politically motivated confected outrage" seems to be the norm these days especially on social media. Speak against the tide of this and you are a troll or worse some kind of rape (insert topic of discussion) sympathiser.

It's got to a point where individual thought will soon be displaced by homogenised outrage by the politically correct masses.

If you are a scientist who led a team to one of the most impressive scientific events in mankind's history you better not wear the wrong type of shirt in case the ****terati sit in moral judgement. Utter madness.

Alan Turing. 1952. What makes you think social media makes a difference?
A new hope.

#864 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:57 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 10 January 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

Alan Turing. 1952. What makes you think social media makes a difference?

At that time being homosexual was illegal. Of course in time we saw how silly that was.

These days I'd love for someone to say what they really mean without apologising 3 nano seconds later to "public outcry" (read asshats on Twitter with nowt better to do).

Edit: How long do we think before Steve Bruce has to apologise for deigning to have an opinion?

This post has been edited by Town_Fan: 10 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#865 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 10 January 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

At that time being homosexual was illegal. Of course in time we saw how silly that was.

These days I'd love for someone to say what they really mean without apologising 3 nano seconds later to "public outcry" (read asshats on Twitter with nowt better to do).

Edit: How long do we think before Steve Bruce has to apologise for deigning to have an opinion?

and in the future, we may see how silly it to trivialise rape because we don't agree with the laws definition of rape
A new hope.

#866 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 10 January 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

and in the future, we may see how silly it to trivialise rape because we don't agree with the laws definition of rape

Do you think that's what I've done?
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#867 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:42 PM

Port Vale 'fans' at the station earlier chanting 'only one Ched Evans' and 'she was gagging for it'
Before abusing an attractive woman in the waiting room after she refused to respond to their 'advances'

Stay classy Vale fans

#868 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:34 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 10 January 2015 - 06:42 PM, said:

Port Vale 'fans' at the station earlier chanting 'only one Ched Evans' and 'she was gagging for it'
Before abusing an attractive woman in the waiting room after she refused to respond to their 'advances'

Stay classy Vale fans

unbelievable
A new hope.

#869 User is offline   Mr_Pleasant 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:34 AM

View Postazul, on 10 January 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

Are you referring to Oldham's claims of threats of violence against there staff?

I'm relieved that they have finally reported this to the police because as of yesterday they had not!

I was beginning to suspect that this was a smokescreen put up be Oldham to deflect criticism and justify their decision making.

This type of intimidation is taken very serious these days. I look forward to the prosecutions.

Daniel Taylor in today's Observer suggests that there still hasn't been any report made by Oldham to the police.

#870 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:08 AM

Stay classy Vale fans

sadly i can believe this

#871 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2015 - 10:23 AM

View Postazul, on 10 January 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

Barry Owen comments

"I will never regret it," he told the BBC's Football League Show. "I am hugely disappointed for many reasons that I can't discuss."

"Oldham were going to get a footballer that in other circumstances they wouldn't have been able to afford. This was driven by football reasons."
Owen, who resigned as chairman of the club's supporters' trust last week but insisted that decision had nothing to do with the affair, admitted that, in the end, money was a big factor in cancelling the deal.

"We knew there would be a storm to bear and were prepared to accept a lot of that and take it on the chin because we believed strongly in the right to employ this man," he said.

"We did not anticipate the amount of sponsorship pressure, which was understandable because they were under extreme pressure."

"In the end it came down purely to the finances."

If only....

#872 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 11 January 2015 - 01:45 PM

View PostMr_Pleasant, on 11 January 2015 - 09:34 AM, said:

Daniel Taylor in today's Observer suggests that there still hasn't been any report made by Oldham to the police.

How am I not surprised

That Oldman clown didn't even mention it during the interview on the football league program

It was all about money from start to finish
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#873 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

Stay classy Vale fans

And, this is they type of mentality we are dealing with, and the kind of people who 'support' Evans.

After reading the case notes the other day, I couldn't stop myself from thinking that McDonald and Evans had done this type of 'tag-team' predation before.......and, it takes a certain type of man to have sex with a woman who you know is literally too drunk to stand up.

#874 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:07 PM

^Evans has previous.

The strangest character in the whole sorry affair (apart from Gordon Taylor of course and there aren't a lot stranger than him) is the girlfriends Dad.
Not only does he want to bail out the man who was filmed tea bagging a girl whilst going out with his daughter he bought her for Xmas a life size portrait of him.
Bizarrrrrrreeeeee

#875 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 11 January 2015 - 04:07 PM, said:

^Evans has previous.

The strangest character in the whole sorry affair (apart from Gordon Taylor of course and there aren't a lot stranger than him) is the girlfriends Dad.
Not only does he want to bail out the man who was filmed tea bagging a girl whilst going out with his daughter he bought her for Xmas a life size portrait of him.
Bizarrrrrrreeeeee

Gordon Taylor is making an absolute imbecile of himself. As for Evans' girlfriend, I have no idea what is going on in her head; i'm being generous to her by saying the inside of her skull must resemble a fishbowl with one lonely goldfish swimming around and around. Her father's behaviour is beyond my comprehension.

What previous does Evans have?

#876 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:23 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 11 January 2015 - 04:22 PM, said:

Gordon Taylor is making an absolute imbecile of himself. As for Evans' girlfriend, I have no idea what is going on in her head; i'm being generous to her by saying the inside of her skull must resemble a fishbowl with one lonely goldfish swimming around and around. Her father's behaviour is beyond my comprehension.

What previous does Evans have?

Played for Sheff utd for one!
East stand second class citizen.

#877 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:25 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 11 January 2015 - 04:23 PM, said:

Played for Sheff utd for one!

And scored against us...... so should have been hung.........
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#878 User is offline   Misnomer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:26 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 11 January 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

And scored against us...... so should have been hung.........

Hanged :glare:

#879 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

View PostMisnomer, on 11 January 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

Hanged :glare:

Whatever
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#880 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:58 PM

I think it is sad that on a day when Town and Vale honour a former player in a bid to raise the profile of dementia, which in Ernie's case may have been caused by football, the BBC chose to profile a game in which the talking point was Evans. Until there is a resolution from his case review the guy should not be allowed near a football club.

Share this topic:

• (45 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users