Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Sheff Utd Tickets - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sheff Utd Tickets

#301 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:43 AM

Say we were away to them tomorrow and it was on sky, if watching it in the pub with some utd fans there, would anyone batter the kak out of em if they scored? Doubt it. Dunno why it's different in the ground. Yes the club and police ect... are taking the right precautions though as there are a few mentals amongst those lot.
Here we go again!

#302 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:48 AM

View PostWarwickshireSpireite, on 03 October 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

It's an interesting one this one.

The club statement indicates that the purchasers have been contacted advising them that their tickets have been blocked I would also like to think we have refunded the monies too.

After an appropriate admin charge has been deducted, say £24.99
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#303 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:49 AM

View PostNOKIN, on 03 October 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

If they are not threatening anyone, what harm are they doing?

Breaching ground regulation for starters. Potentially causing trouble by being there and making it known who they support. If they are quiet, no problem. If they aren't there could be an issue.

#304 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:52 AM

View Postnot_the_freak, on 03 October 2014 - 08:43 AM, said:

Say we were away to them tomorrow and it was on sky, if watching it in the pub with some utd fans there, would anyone batter the kak out of em if they scored? Doubt it. Dunno why it's different in the ground. Yes the club and police ect... are taking the right precautions though as there are a few mentals amongst those lot.

If you watched it in the Old Monk you would be battered I'm pretty sure.

#305 Guest_NOKIN_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:54 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 October 2014 - 08:49 AM, said:

Breaching ground regulation for starters. Potentially causing trouble by being there and making it known who they support. If they are quiet, no problem. If they aren't there could be an issue.

I'm not saying there wouldn't be an issue, I'm saying I don't agree with the mentality that opposing fans should not be tollerent of each other's loyalties I work with a Stags fan. Does it mean I should have chinned him when he came in gloating about six points?

#306 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:02 AM

It doesn't matter whether you or I agree with that mentality. It is as it is and if there's trouble CFC will be the ones facing sanctions.

#307 Guest_NOKIN_*

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:09 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 October 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

It doesn't matter whether you or I agree with that mentality. It is as it is and if there's trouble CFC will be the ones facing sanctions.

And who's fault would that be?

#308 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:23 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 October 2014 - 09:02 AM, said:

Why? I am not saying you are wrong but what can be done to prevent selling tickets to anyone. How can CFC tell who is who unless all tickets are sold to season and voucher holders, which in my opinion limits potential sales. Casual CFC supporters will be put off buying if they have to go through checks etc. Even if there is only a set amount of away tickets which can only be sold by Sheff Utd some people will still call in at the ground in person and get tickets. I agree with Nokin why cant fans play niceley and why all the animosity, banter by all means but not malicious stuff. We are trying to increase numbers not put people off by having trouble. In the Mansfield game recently I sat right in the middle of their Main Stand and collected my ticket in person a couple of days before. It was the most frustrating game ever having to listen to Stags fans and keeping stum throughout. Sitting in their end was a last resort and I will not be doing it again.
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#309 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

Last ticket has officially been sold. It is a sell out!!

#310 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:30 AM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 03 October 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

Why? I am not saying you are wrong but what can be done to prevent selling tickets to anyone. How can CFC tell who is who unless all tickets are sold to season and voucher holders, which in my opinion limits potential sales. Casual CFC supporters will be put off buying if they have to go through checks etc. Even if there is only a set amount of away tickets which can only be sold by Sheff Utd some people will still call in at the ground in person and get tickets. I agree with Nokin why cant fans play niceley and why all the animosity, banter by all means but not malicious stuff. We are trying to increase numbers not put people off by having trouble. In the Mansfield game recently I sat right in the middle of their Main Stand and collected my ticket in person a couple of days before. It was the most frustrating game ever having to listen to Stags fans and keeping stum throughout. Sitting in their end was a last resort and I will not be doing it again.

I didn't say we shouldn't have sold them the way we did. All I'm saying is that any who are known to be supporting the away side should be booted out to prevent trouble.

#311 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostNOKIN, on 03 October 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

I agree that some moron would get punchy and have a go. I don't agree he should be punched though.

Suppose it depends how they celebrate it. A quiet "yes", fist clench etc. wouldn't bother me much but someone cheering loudly, rubbing it in, taking the p**s etc. would rub me up the wrong way. I certainly wouldn't be violent or anything like that, I like being able to go to games and I also enjoy not having a criminal record but I would laugh heartily if someone else leathered him. I suspect many fans take the same viewpoint as me.

#312 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

Are these cancelled tickets being re-sold? Know a couple of mates asking about them now who previously were meant to be working away until Sunday but are back now.

#313 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:38 AM

View PostNOKIN, on 03 October 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

And who's fault would that be?

Certainly not CFC as they have taken action to identify and bar United fans in the home areas

An action you appear to have no sympathy for judging by your previous posts

#314 User is online   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:45 AM

Seen folk moaning on the club twitter\facebook when they announced the cancelled tickets saying how tickets should only have been sold to previous match stub holders, membership cards and then via season tickets etc....ie in the same way they've done it for previous games like this and been slated by folk who say it limits who can get a ticket and reduces the amount of home fans that will go!

All it shows is that whatever the club did some folk would find a reason to complain about it. It was always likely away fans would end up in the home ends and the club have dealt with some already as per the terms and conditions of purchasing a ticket and entering the ground. Tomorrow anyone identified will also be removed as per the same terms and conditions but i would have thought that any Blunt who is sensible and keeps themselves to themselves will be ok.

#315 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:46 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 October 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

I didn't say we shouldn't have sold them the way we did. All I'm saying is that any who are known to be supporting the away side should be booted out to prevent trouble.

I agree but I just dont see CFC can be responsible for selling to away fans that live on the same road as the Proact and there will be a few. Plus the majority of Sheff Utd will live as close as most CFC fans. I live 30 miles away, should I be banned getting a ticket for the recent Notts County game because I have a NG10 postcode. I just dont see how any club can stop away fans buying tickets. The only way is to make it even better known that opposing fans in the home end will be seen as a criminal offence and have a criminal record. But I live in the real world and that will never happen.
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#316 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 03 October 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

Last ticket has officially been sold. It is a sell out!!

What is a sell out here? Im sure the ground holds about 10,200 but with seats not on sale, I'm not sure what the max is. Someone said 10,015 was the stags attendance last season, is that every seat?

Just wondering for the attendance game :-)
Here we go again!

#317 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:49 AM

If there's trouble in the home stands, make no mistake, we will carry the can.

My stance mirrors Goku's.

#318 User is offline   S40-fan 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, Website Design, Internet Marketing, TGO

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 03 October 2014 - 09:46 AM, said:

I agree but I just dont see CFC can be responsible for selling to away fans ....

They aren't. It's stated clearly in all football club's ground rules that:

"Any individual who has entered any part of the Ground designated for the use of any group of supporters to which he does not belong may be ejected from the Ground either for the purposes of his own safety or for any other reason."

Ignorance of the rules is no excuse for breaking them.
Come on you Blues!

#319 Guest_NOKIN_*

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:56 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 October 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

That's a shame. You condone violence irrespective of the possible consequences. One punch, not even a hard one can result in death. It happens everyday. If someone is acting the goat, I believe it's best left to the coppers and stewards to sort out.

#320 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 October 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

I think that is why the club has taken the action

They took the tickets offline when it was apparent what was happening and they have made an effort to identify the away support. It will be heavily policed so I guess that'll be their defence if the worst does happen

Interesting they still sold out after taking the tickets offline anyway. Perhaps they should've talen them offline earlier and sent the away allocation later

Share this topic:

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users