Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Sheff Utd Tickets - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sheff Utd Tickets

#281 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:19 PM

Putting E1/2 on sale at the end, when most of ours had tickets and at about the same time as they sold out, mmmm, not the brainiest idea.
JRID

#282 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:48 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 02 October 2014 - 08:19 PM, said:

Putting E1/2 on sale at the end, when most of ours had tickets and at about the same time as they sold out, mmmm, not the brainiest idea.

You do talk nonsense at times, this strategy made perfect sense as if the take up of home tickets had been less the club would have been able to maximise income by selling the extra to them. Thankfully that wasn't necessary.

I found this very amusing

http://www.chesterfi...y-1985589.aspx?

Take their money, then void their tickets :lol:

I suspect that Mr plod will have been involved in helping the club identify the guilty parties. All those giving it loud on their forums about buying tickets for the home areas will be able to be identified and lose their money. I can see them getting themselves a banning order for complaining when they can't get in as well :lol:

#283 User is offline   KevoBMMD 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:31 AM

View PostBeelzebub, on 03 October 2014 - 05:48 AM, said:

You do talk nonsense at times, this strategy made perfect sense as if the take up of home tickets had been less the club would have been able to maximise income by selling the extra to them. Thankfully that wasn't necessary.

I found this very amusing

http://www.chesterfi...y-1985589.aspx?

Take their money, then void their tickets :lol:

I suspect that Mr plod will have been involved in helping the club identify the guilty parties. All those giving it loud on their forums about buying tickets for the home areas will be able to be identified and lose their money. I can see them getting themselves a banning order for complaining when they can't get in as well :lol:

Quality ations by CFC...

Who ever thought of this was a genious. Win Win for CFC and all looks good in the eyes of the FA & Police.....

#284 User is offline   Xerxes 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:43 AM

View PostKevoBMMD, on 03 October 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

Quality ations by CFC...

Who ever thought of this was a genious. Win Win for CFC and all looks good in the eyes of the FA & Police.....

and any that do get in under the radar can be swiftly evicted with extreme prejudice by the bouncers who are back for the day :lol:

#285 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 03 October 2014 - 06:57 AM

View PostXerxes, on 03 October 2014 - 06:43 AM, said:

and any that do get in under the radar can be swiftly evicted with extreme prejudice by the bouncers who are back for the day :lol:

I hope they are. The police just let them get on with it.

#286 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:00 AM

View PostXerxes, on 03 October 2014 - 06:43 AM, said:

I suppose the downside on this is that if any "part time CFC supporters" with kids have got tickets in this area it could well spoil the day and sour their intentions to return.. Let's hope the days passes without issue whatever the result.
East stand second class citizen.

#287 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:26 AM

Am I the only one who finds himself swimming against the tide on this one? In my view it's wrong for an organisation to openly sell tickets for an event, then prevent the purchasers from enjoying what they've paid for. As another poster has said, it's quite embarassing that our support isn't good enough for us to take up all the tickets for home areas for the most local derby of the season.Other sports manage to cope with opposing fans mixing, so it's about time football fans grew up and learnt how to enjoy these occasions without acting like infants squabbling at a 3 - year old's birthday party. I believe, in fact, that our fans would have been mature enough to handle the situation, and that this action could well result in causing far more serious disturbances when those who have paid for admission are refused entry - a really daft move IMO.

#288 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

View Postsophocles, on 03 October 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

Am I the only one who finds himself swimming against the tide on this one? In my view it's wrong for an organisation to openly sell tickets for an event, then prevent the purchasers from enjoying what they've paid for. As another poster has said, it's quite embarassing that our support isn't good enough for us to take up all the tickets for home areas for the most local derby of the season.Other sports manage to cope with opposing fans mixing, so it's about time football fans grew up and learnt how to enjoy these occasions without acting like infants squabbling at a 3 - year old's birthday party. I believe, in fact, that our fans would have been mature enough to handle the situation, and that this action could well result in causing far more serious disturbances when those who have paid for admission are refused entry - a really daft move IMO.

Its a strange one , i went in the burton end at their place for our penultimate match in theory we could have recieved a banning order,if the sheffield utd fans were just trying to watch the game then i feel a bit for them , i hope the front row is not unused as imo its the most stupid decision .Its very hypocritical when town fans went in the awsy at mansfield .

This post has been edited by bonnyman: 03 October 2014 - 07:36 AM

ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#289 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:47 AM

View Postsophocles, on 03 October 2014 - 07:26 AM, said:

I've no problems with their fans in the home end so long as they don't start taking liberties.
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#290 Guest_NOKIN_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:58 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 02 October 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

That's the concern. Odd ones would likely keep quiet. If they think they'll be backed up they're much more likely to make it clear who they support.

It'll only take one Town fan to take a swing and it will go off.

Why would any Town Fan want to take a swing at someone who is sat quietly watching the game. In the unlikely event they score and the fans celebrate would you consider that justification for Town Fans to 'have a go'?

I have gone to many games and sat in the'wrong end' and never been involved in any trouble so if I end up sitting next to a Blunts fan on Saturday I am hardly in a position to criticise him or her. The very last thing that would be on my mind would be to chin him just because he is a Blunts fan.

I am not saying you would by the way, just a general observation.

Hooliganism still seems to be ingrained into some folk and many believe (not just our supporters) that supporting a different team is justification for giving then a good shoeing. If you were reading this thread having visited the message board for the first time would you contemplate taking your kids to this seasons big local Derby?

View PostBankrobber, on 03 October 2014 - 07:47 AM, said:

I've no problems with their fans in the home end so long as they don't start taking liberties.

What do you mean by liberties?

#291 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:03 AM

If a Sheffield United fan celebrates a goal they are quite likely to receive a slap off someone. Do you not agree?

#292 Guest_NOKIN_*

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:07 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 October 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

If a Sheffield United fan celebrates a goal they are quite likely to receive a slap off someone. Do you not agree?

I agree that some moron would get punchy and have a go. I don't agree he should be punched though.

#293 User is offline   NOFX 

• get on up feed the ducks with a bun
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:dwarf wrestling

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:15 AM

I seem to recall it got a bit punchy last time when their fan in the Kop end decided celebrate the rapists goal.
Looking back at the team sheet from last time we played them I can't believe how bad our side was, and how much better the current line up is.

#294 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

View PostNOKIN, on 03 October 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

I agree that some moron would get punchy and have a go. I don't agree he should be punched though.

What about the Grimsby fans in the kop the other year?
JRID

#295 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:18 AM

View PostNOKIN, on 03 October 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

I'd rather see them chucked out immediately.

#296 User is offline   RN Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC... oh and the wife and kids.

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:20 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 03 October 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

What about the Grimsby fans in the kop the other year?

Think that's the one on youtube when a few of them got a slap. If they were there to cause bother serves them right, if not they should've kept quiet and not drawn attention to themselves because someone after having a couple of lager tops might think they're fair game. Not condoning it at all but very likely to happen. The club shouldn't have had e1 and e2 on sale online.

#297 Guest_NOKIN_*

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:21 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 October 2014 - 08:18 AM, said:

I'd rather see them chucked out immediately.

If they are not threatening anyone, what harm are they doing?

#298 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

Is it not against ground regulations or terms of the ticket to buy a ticket for the home end if you are an away fan so the club are perfectly in their rights to do this i think.

#299 User is offline   WarwickshireSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:39 AM

It's an interesting one this one.

Unfortunately it is a sad reflection on society that people who support different clubs cannot sit in the same sections of a football ground without a real risk of violence and disorder, but this is a harsh fact and as such the club have a responsibility to manage that risk especially when having a good idea of how many away fans have bought tickets online.

The club are quite clearly concerned that the numbers bought on line with a billing address in Sheffield were sufficient for this risk to be significant, and to be clear we would then have to deal with the consequences for failing to control the crowd if we had chosen to do nothing at all and problems arose.

As with any risk the best way to mitigate it is to remove it wherever possible, and practically, given where we are in the sales process, is the only option to remove a good proportion of it with the rest being preventative measures on the day with stewarding and policing.

Of course anyone who has gone to the ticket office and handed over hard cash will still be admitted but the numbers of these will be much lower.

I feel sorry for those Utd fans who just wanted to go to see their team, but perhaps less so than I would for any innocent who got caught up in any disorder on the day.

The club statement indicates that the purchasers have been contacted advising them that their tickets have been blocked I would also like to think we have refunded the monies too.
SUPER JACK LESTER!

#300 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:41 AM

Good on 'em, be even funnier if they turn up and don't get in.

Thanks for the money lads.

Share this topic:

• (19 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users