View Postlesleycfc, on Oct 2 2008, 02:52 PM, said:

A die hard fan wouldnt go on holiday during the season!!!! :angry:

when its a wedding you have no option

i sure i told you that before i went

#62 Guest_spireiteblue_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:57 PM

View PostSpireite Phil, on Oct 2 2008, 01:33 PM, said:

For your information I have supported this club for over thirty years. With all due respect you need to look deeper and realise why people like me are no longer going.

I hope the penny drops for you soon.

I am in my 39th year and i want a club to be here well into my old age and even when i have left this earth so my lad can still keep going,now with ppl like you,you are putting its very existence into jeopardy by stopping away but my opinion you are just tight gits and blame the club for its short falls,you either want a club or you don't that is why i keep going.

If we get a top premier league team in the F A Cup you would be there like a shot with your hypocritical support...........

#63 User is offline   lesleycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Living the dream as a life long Spireite :-)

Posted 02 October 2008 - 01:58 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Oct 2 2008, 02:52 PM, said:

You dont seem to have a very high opinion of the chairman if you think he would do something like that.

The fans wont be blackmailed, all they want are results and entertainment. As things stand they are getting neither despite the club spending heavily. The fact the club refuse to acknowledge there are serious problems smacks of an arrogance towards the fans and that further puts them off coming.

Ironically if Hubbard did something like what you suggest, then the blame would lie with all those that accepted mediocrity while fans drifted away and we fell down the league. In short people like you Lesley. You think you are such great fans by blindly accepting any old crap but all you do is give legitimacy to poor decisions from the board. I SUGGEST IT IS YOU THAT IS THE CANCER.

If people like me didnt go there would be no club! So how you work out i am worse for the club is beyond me.

With matches, sponsorship and share i probably spend around 15k a year on this club.

If Hubbard carried out the Hypothetical situation i suggested it certainly wouldnt be my fault or any other fan who choses to go every week. All i am saying is he seems the type to spit the dummy out like Norton did.

I am not a Hubbard fan like i mentioned and at times i think he has carried us through tough situations well but on other occasions he his a joke.

His marketing skills have a lot to be desired for one. He should be on the radio or local paper rousing the fans.
The One, The Only, Sir Gregor Robertson

#64 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:01 PM

View Postlesleycfc, on Oct 2 2008, 02:58 PM, said:

His marketing skills have a lot to be desired for one. He should be on the radio or local paper rousing the fans.

why dont you help them out with that. You seem good when it comes to marketing

#65 User is offline   lesleycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:01 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Oct 2 2008, 02:53 PM, said:

when its a wedding you have no option

i sure i told you that before i went

Well i will give you a true scenario. My nan was given two days to live and i refused to miss the match! She died on a Monday. So not only would i have missed a great match but she still wouldnt have died!

#66 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:05 PM

View Postlesleycfc, on Oct 2 2008, 03:01 PM, said:

Well i will give you a true scenario. My nan was given two days to live and i refused to miss the match! She died on a Monday. So not only would i have missed a great match but she still wouldnt have died!

well i went to fab wedding and holiday to boot and missed a crap match against Bury which we lost.

End of the day i was on holiday the Brides parents had paid for the accomadation and it was a family event. im sure you would have had an obligation to go if under the same circumstances

#67 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:06 PM

I'm genuinely bemused as to why some people cant accept why some people have decided not to turn up. Is there a link between not understanding this concept and some people's intellectual prowess?
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#68 User is offline   SHAUN 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:10 PM

Are you for real - you must have had no respect for her -

15k a year on town with your mortgage you must be on 60k a year at 23 your doing very well

#69 Guest_Alex Green_*

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:13 PM

View PostSHAUN, on Oct 2 2008, 03:10 PM, said:

i think that you should keep out of that decision mate. Thats a personal decision she made and is made through what her nan would have rather the family do ie carry on with life.

#70 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:16 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Oct 2 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

i think that you should keep out of that decision mate. Thats a personal decision she made and is made through what her nan would have rather the family do ie carry on with life.

Why should he not mention that, its Lesley who chooses to use her dying relation as some kind of badge of honour?
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#71 Guest_spireiteblue_*

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:18 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Oct 2 2008, 03:06 PM, said:

I'm genuinely bemused as to why some people cant accept why some people have decided not to turn up. Is there a link between not understanding this concept and some people's intellectual prowess?

TF it doesn't bother me one iota whether ppl turn up or not,the important thing is that i will be there if i choose to be....

#72 User is offline   lesleycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:21 PM

View PostSHAUN, on Oct 2 2008, 03:10 PM, said:

15k a year on town with your mortgage you must be on 60k a year at 23 your doing very well

Maybe thats the case at the time i was 14 so who knows.

As for you comment to my wage, i live with my partner and i am a senior client support manager and yes between we earn 60k a year - not thats any of your business but as i dont shy from the truth i will answer.

And as for doing well. I have worked for the company since leaving school, i have done a degree in my own time and taken a night job as well before the promotion!

#73 User is offline   SHAUN 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:21 PM

View PostAlex Green, on Oct 2 2008, 03:13 PM, said:

Its nothing to do with me - she posted it on here so if it was so personal why post it think about it chap

She posted it to make people think she is a die hard fan, well she has the title for me for that quote

This post has been edited by SHAUN: 02 October 2008 - 02:30 PM

#74 User is offline   lesleycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on Oct 2 2008, 03:16 PM, said:

Why should he not mention that, its Lesley who chooses to use her dying relation as some kind of badge of honour?

Not at all i was giving it as a scenario to how my mind works in terms of missing a match

#75 User is offline   SHAUN 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:29 PM

View Postlesleycfc, on Oct 2 2008, 03:21 PM, said:

Maybe thats the case at the time i was 14 so who knows.

As for you comment to my wage, i live with my partner and i am a senior client support manager and yes between we earn 60k a year - not thats any of your business but as i dont shy from the truth i will answer.

And as for doing well. I have worked for the company since leaving school, i have done a degree in my own time and taken a night job as well before the promotion!

Im not interested in what you do or earn, you mentioned how much you spent on supporting town like your such a great die hard fan. Some people on here dont earn that a year so why bring it up.

We all have done things in life to earn money ive worked away for 20 years to provide for my family and still do but get paid very well for it - BUT WHO CARES

Well done young pup you are the number one die hard fan - but wait until your a little older and wiser and supported town a little longer then you might understand why some fans choose to stay away

#76 User is offline   lesleycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:33 PM

For one please dont patronize me.

I have never said i wanted to be number one fan i was just giving my spin on what i think a die hard fan is.

And as for my comments about what i put into the club they were made because T_F said that i was the reason the club is struggling. So i was giving an example of the money i put in to show i was helping.

It wasnt a brag/dig or anything just a view

This post has been edited by lesleycfc: 02 October 2008 - 02:47 PM

#77 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:36 PM

A simple question, Lesley: i, like you, attend virtually every home game, often with my Wife. I, like you (i guess), buy a fifty-fifty. I, like you (i guess), have a BOTM direct debit. I buy gear for myself, for the lad and for friends from the club shop and was one of the many that dug deep to chuck in what we could afford in our hour of need. In short, maybe there's not that much between us when it comes to supporting the Club financially (not that i'm suggesting that as a valid criteria to judge who's a 'true supporter', though).

Where we do differ though, is away games. But, apart from a fraction of the bus fare (which is another subject altogether!) just how does going to away games benefit CFC financialy?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#78 User is offline   lesleycfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:40 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on Oct 2 2008, 03:36 PM, said:

A simple question, Lesley: i, like you, attend virtually every home game, often with my Wife. I, like you (i guess), buy a fifty-fifty. I, like you (i guess), have a BOTM direct debit. I buy gear for myself, for the lad and for friends from the club shop and was one of the many that dug deep to chuck in what we could afford in our hour of need. In short, maybe there's not that much between us when it comes to supporting the Club financially (not that i'm suggesting that as a valid criteria to judge who's a 'true supporter', though).

Where we do differ though, is away games. But, apart from a fraction of the bus fare (which is another subject altogether!) just how does going to away games benefit CFC financialy?

I guess it doesnt really. I can only guess it benefits the players

#79 User is offline   philmoore6 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:41 PM

View Postlesleycfc, on Oct 2 2008, 03:33 PM, said:

For one please dont patronize me.

I have never said i wanted to be number one fan i was just giving my spin on what i think a die hard fan is.

And as for my comments about what i put into the club they were made because T_F said that i was the reason the club is struggling. So i was giving an example of the money i put in to show i was helping.

It was a brag/dig or anything just a view

every body sits and reads and thinks just how wonderful you are to the club.

i still like the others fail to understand how that gives you the right criticise the fans that are certainly less fortunate than yourself

dont you think that if all fans carried on attending as you expect them to do, that hubbard would sit in his seat happy, knowing the fans are satisfied

suirely continuing can be turned round to show that is you that may be damaging the club not the stay aways

#80 User is offline   marlons curtains 

• Key Player
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 02 October 2008 - 02:43 PM

View Postlesleycfc, on Oct 2 2008, 03:40 PM, said:

I guess it doesnt really. I can only guess it benefits the players

Wrong.... damn you are so short sighted!!!

Our wonderful away following inspires and motivates our side to great away results... stay aways look at the vidi printer and think ' what a result...ill think ill get myself down to Saltergate next Saturday after all!!! ".. and a few numbers are added to the attendance... Simple!

<_<
Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users