• You cannot reply to this topic

Any Rumours?

#681 User is offline   Cactoise 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 May 2024 - 10:54 AM

View PostStaffsSpireite, on 18 May 2024 - 10:21 AM, said:

Got a few Salop mates and they are happy for Dunkley to leave. Apparently very good in the air but dead slow now on the ground and was given the run around by anyone with pace last season.

Sounds exactly like what we've got already.

#682 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 18 May 2024 - 11:05 AM

Quigley to Oldham is the latest one over on Twitter / X
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#683 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2024 - 11:15 AM

ash_cfc, on 18 May 2024 - 11:05 AM, said:

Quigley to Oldham is the latest one over on Twitter / X

I?d expect them to be sniffing around all of our better released or available players. King, quigley, banks etc

Can?t see banks, quigley or oldaker getting much of a sniff next season. Will kiddy come back in for Hobson?
Up the Blues

#684 User is offline   Chesterfield247 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 18 May 2024 - 11:54 AM

I think we'd keep Hobson from here. I think he looks handy and getting better each time.
If an actual monetary offer came in for Quigley then it'd be worth looking at but I think he'll get minutes next season and will have a role to play off the bench. I think we've seen as much as we ever will from Oldaker though, and you can all make of him what you will I suppose.

#685 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2024 - 12:01 PM

Chesterfield247, on 18 May 2024 - 11:54 AM, said:

I think we'd keep Hobson from here. I think he looks handy and getting better each time.
If an actual monetary offer came in for Quigley then it'd be worth looking at but I think he'll get minutes next season and will have a role to play off the bench. I think we've seen as much as we ever will from Oldaker though, and you can all make of him what you will I suppose.

Oldaker scores the odd good free kick but generally slows it down and passes sideways. Not for me.

#686 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2024 - 12:02 PM

The Earl of Chesterfield, on 18 May 2024 - 10:53 AM, said:

Quote from someone pretty prominent at the Club - 'new central defender next week as part of a totally overhauled back four next season'...

In fact I expect Grimes, still wearing the armband, to be the only survivor...

As someone mentioned the other day, maybe a left sided player who can play left back or left CB would be suffice for the left hand side.

If we were looking to replace Palmer or Williams then the replacement would be a first choice player with whoever stays as backup. Then a first choice right back with Shecks as backup
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#687 User is offline   Arthur Cox’s Boots 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2024 - 12:02 PM

Chesterfield247, on 18 May 2024 - 11:54 AM, said:

Oldaker on his day playing against the right opposition was the best player on the pitch dictating play. However when the opposition closed quickly he was a different player often giving the ball away and caught wrong side, he was then a liability. We can?t afford that now in League 2.

#688 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2024 - 12:08 PM

Arthur Cox’s Boots, on 18 May 2024 - 12:02 PM, said:

Oldaker on his day playing against the right opposition was the best player on the pitch dictating play. However when the opposition closed quickly he was a different player often giving the ball away and caught wrong side, he was then a liability. We can?t afford that now in League 2.

That?s true but he also has a tendency to sometimes give the ball away under very little pressure with silly passes. He needs to work on his consistency because as you say when he?s ?right?, he?s a very effective player
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#689 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2024 - 12:39 PM

DMU Blue, on 18 May 2024 - 11:15 AM, said:

I?d expect them to be sniffing around all of our better released or available players. King, quigley, banks etc

Can?t see banks, quigley or oldaker getting much of a sniff next season. Will kiddy come back in for Hobson?

Can?t see Hobson wanting to play in NLN again having had a taste of the National League last season, would be a backward step for him.

#690 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2024 - 12:53 PM

JonB, on 18 May 2024 - 12:39 PM, said:

Can?t see Hobson wanting to play in NLN again having had a taste of the National League last season, would be a backward step for him.

An ideal move for Hobson would be a half season loan at Altrincham or Gateshead, where the lad will get game time at a decent level with sides who play the right way.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#691 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2024 - 12:56 PM

Phil V 72, on 18 May 2024 - 12:02 PM, said:

As someone mentioned the other day, maybe a left sided player who can play left back or left CB would be suffice for the left hand side.

If we were looking to replace Palmer or Williams then the replacement would be a first choice player with whoever stays as backup. Then a first choice right back with Shecks as backup

Both Palmer and Williams are capable on their day but, for me, if one has to leave it would be Palmer. Williams is quicker and can cover at RB if necessary too whereas Palmer is strictly a RCB. We need flexibility and cover for most positions but in particular for the key defensive ones.

#692 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2024 - 12:56 PM

This post has been edited by dtp: 18 May 2024 - 01:51 PM

#693 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2024 - 02:56 PM

Phil V 72, on 18 May 2024 - 12:02 PM, said:

Freckleton fills the left sided defensive positions, either on loan or on a free. I really feel there's a player in there waiting to be developed. As for the right side of defence, I think we need a decent right back and a young ball playing centre back to bring on.

#694 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 18 May 2024 - 05:11 PM

Walton Spireite, on 18 May 2024 - 12:01 PM, said:

Oldaker scores the odd good free kick but generally slows it down and passes sideways. Not for me.

Ha ha ha none so blind eh ???
God I hate this league.

#695 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 18 May 2024 - 06:03 PM

dtp, on 18 May 2024 - 12:56 PM, said:

Both Palmer and Williams are capable on their day but, for me, if one has to leave it would be Palmer. Williams is quicker and can cover at RB if necessary too whereas Palmer is strictly a RCB. We need flexibility and cover for most positions but in particular for the key defensive ones.

I'm astonished he's kept Ash Palmer on. Decent CH at national League level, despite the odd daft mistake, but I think he'll struggle with the slightly faster pace and know-how in L2. Stockport got rid as soon as they were promoted, and I never saw him as the kind of defender we needed for a high pressing game. However, Cookie signed him, so must be happy with him, but I'd have preferred a faster, younger bloke for the wage, even assuming we'll be a little bit more defensive next season.

#696 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2024 - 06:12 PM

View Posth again, on 18 May 2024 - 06:03 PM, said:

I'm astonished he's kept Ash Palmer on. Decent CH at national League level, despite the odd daft mistake, but I think he'll struggle with the slightly faster pace and know-how in L2. Stockport got rid as soon as they were promoted, and I never saw him as the kind of defender we needed for a high pressing game. However, Cookie signed him, so must be happy with him, but I'd have preferred a faster, younger bloke for the wage, even assuming we'll be a little bit more defensive next season.

I think Palmer triggered a one year clause in his contract so there would be no option other than to honour that.

However, he is a useful CB at NL level and I wonder if he could be used in a player exchange deal or something.

#697 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 18 May 2024 - 06:25 PM

h again, on 18 May 2024 - 06:03 PM, said:

Weren?t we in a bit of lack of defensive cover at the time we brought him in.
God I hate this league.

#698 User is offline   Brimington spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield + Everton Football Clubs Partial to a beer + rock music the louder the better

Posted 18 May 2024 - 09:02 PM

Osborne again, on 18 May 2024 - 02:56 PM, said:

Freckleton fills the left sided defensive positions, either on loan or on a free. I really feel there's a player in there waiting to be developed. As for the right side of defence, I think we need a decent right back and a young ball playing centre back to bring on.

Freckletons a liability for a defender his size
hes to easily knocked of the ball lacks pace
ALWAYS SAILING STORMY WATERS

#699 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 18 May 2024 - 09:16 PM

brimington spireite, on 18 May 2024 - 09:02 PM, said:

He?s absolutely no better than Loz
JRID

#700 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 May 2024 - 09:29 PM

brimington spireite, on 18 May 2024 - 09:02 PM, said:

Must be a different bloke I saw deputise for Grimes against Watford then, and as for no pace, I think he was one of the fastest in the squad. He's work in progress but he's a ball playing centre back with a left foot, so consequently worth lots of cash if we can develop him. If, as I've been told, he isn't getting another contract at Sheffield United, he could cover both defensive positions on the left. He wouldn't be in the first eleven but a very good player to have on the bench.
We need players we can improve, while doing a job for us and then sell on at a profit.

Share this topic:

• (47 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users