• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Changes For Saturday

#1 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 March 2024 - 08:04 AM

Woke up still annoyed about yesterday. Thinking forward now to Saturday..
Tyrer
Shecks (King was very poor yesterday)
Grimes
Williams (Palmer doesnt convince me)
Horton
Jones (sitting in front of the back four, not further forward)
Naylor
Berry (on the right)
Jacobs (behind the striker)
Dobra (on the left)
Grigg

Mandeville hasnt been the same player since his illness, Oldaker was poor yesterday. Hopefully Coco will be back on the bench for a 20 minute cameo - wouldnt play him from the start.

Apart from the team, I want to see us play with pace and urgency and certainly want us to hunt the ball down quicker than we have been doing.

#2 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2024 - 08:23 AM

Mandy has not been the same but he created the goal and tried a lovely effort that hit the top of the bar, who else did anything to score a goal from nothing, id put him as the 10 .
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#3 User is offline   rodney 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2024 - 08:24 AM

Jones is an absolute must.

#4 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 03 March 2024 - 08:27 AM

Berry is more effective on the left

#5 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 03 March 2024 - 08:34 AM

Berry has at no point featured on the right hand side so why shoe horn him in there.

#6 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 03 March 2024 - 08:34 AM

I think Banks will be back in. Jones too.

If Sheckleford, Williams and Horton aren't back in it will be a surprise.

#7 User is offline   Zigsuk 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 03 March 2024 - 08:55 AM

I think the cause of so many goals conceded is too much faffing about at the back. By all means play out but get it forward quicker. In the first half can’t remember whether it was before they scored or after but Grimes was passing it around in his own area. No way should defenders be tip tapping around in their own box or even in front of it.

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 March 2024 - 08:34 AM, said:

Been impressed by Clements but he was poor yesterday, but so were they all.

View PostBonnyman, on 03 March 2024 - 08:23 AM, said:

Mandy has not been the same but he created the goal and tried a lovely effort that hit the top of the bar, who else did anything to score a goal from nothing, id put him as the 10 .

Definitely. Might not be quite up to his previous standard but the only one who even hinted he might make something happen. It was a lovely cross for the goal.

View PostBonnyman, on 03 March 2024 - 08:23 AM, said:

Definitely. Might not be quite up to his previous standard but the only one who even hinted he might make something happen. It was a lovely cross for the goal.

#8 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2024 - 10:34 AM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 03 March 2024 - 08:04 AM, said:

Tyrer
Grimes
Horton
Naylor
Berry (on the right)
Dobra (on the left)
Grigg

Mandeville hasnt been the same player since his illness, Oldaker was poor yesterday. Hopefully Coco will be back on the bench for a 20 minute cameo - wouldnt play him from the start.

Apart from the team, I want to see us play with pace and urgency and certainly want us to hunt the ball down quicker than we have been doing.

It’s ok using that statement of “was very poor yesterday” for the first outfield player in your list but in reality you could put the very same remark against every single player’s name after the first one. The fact that you haven’t shows a level of unfair bias.

#9 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 03 March 2024 - 10:43 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 03 March 2024 - 08:34 AM, said:

They are the changes I’d make and I don’t think they’ll be far off what PC does.

Hopefully Colclough will get a run out. I suppose there’s an outside chance he might even be a starter
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#10 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2024 - 10:44 AM

View PostZigsuk, on 03 March 2024 - 08:55 AM, said:

I think the cause of so many goals conceded is too much faffing about at the back. By all means play out but get it forward quicker. In the first half can’t remember whether it was before they scored or after but Grimes was passing it around in his own area. No way should defenders be tip tapping around in their own box or even in front of it.

Been impressed by Clements but he was poor yesterday, but so were they all.

the concession of goals is this due to playing out from the back? not sure, haven't seen all the away games this season. in games i have seen we do have sloppy periods in which we encourage the opposition. a lot of our goals that i have seen tend it feels like we lose the ball high up the pitch and get caught on the counter.
i am the most boring poster this season i will admit because i bring this point back to mike jones time and again, when he is in the side he screens the back 4 better than anyone. yesterday they were all over us and in these kinda games you have to match that, we didn't and when we did go long it came to nothing. Tuesday we went long but had quigley as the player to hit, he does play that particular role better than grigg for me but maybe the pitch factor meant we couldn't use him, i don't know.

saturday we need to start the game well whoever plays, it will be a tough game. i remember nicky law saying all those years ago that you have to match the opposition for 65-70 minutes and then you can beat them at football in the final 20.

#11 User is offline   Painted Wagon 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2024 - 10:48 AM

King’s confidence is shot. Was a guaranteed starter last season but has only been a bit part player this. Apart from his run which led to the goal against Ebbsfleet he was poor that day and poor yesterday. Agree with the above Banks and Jones in too

#12 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2024 - 11:04 AM

I’d settle for quite a few Duncanesque 1-0 wins for the majority of the renaming 10. The absence of Colclough is really impacting on the team and the defence looks more creaky than at any other time in the season.

Ustabasi and Haughton will do massive damage to us on Saturday if they are allowed any sort of space that Rutherford et al had yesterday.

This post has been edited by gordon_brittas: 03 March 2024 - 11:04 AM

Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#13 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2024 - 11:06 AM

View PostPainted Wagon, on 03 March 2024 - 10:48 AM, said:

King’s confidence is shot. Was a guaranteed starter last season but has only been a bit part player this. Apart from his run which led to the goal against Ebbsfleet he was poor that day and poor yesterday. Agree with the above Banks and Jones in too

I can see King going out on loan before the window closes, probably to Halifax or Rochdale. He’s finished here as a player which is really sad to see as he was so pivotal a couple of seasons back, the first name on the team sheet.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#14 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2024 - 11:48 AM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 03 March 2024 - 11:04 AM, said:

I’d settle for quite a few Duncanesque 1-0 wins for the majority of the renaming 10. The absence of Colclough is really impacting on the team and the defence looks more creaky than at any other time in the season.

Ustabasi and Haughton will do massive damage to us on Saturday if they are allowed any sort of space that Rutherford et al had yesterday.

we can't and won't go into our shell now, that would be a really dangerous hand to play and one we can't play well.

that said we do need to be a bit smarter in our play and protect our goal better.

agree about coco btw, without him our forward play is slower, less direct, this in turn often brings naylor further forward into the attacking play and means if we do lose it he is so far forward we don't have the protection to the counter.

#15 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend

Posted 03 March 2024 - 11:49 AM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 03 March 2024 - 11:06 AM, said:

I can see King going out on loan before the window closes, probably to Halifax or Rochdale. He’s finished here as a player which is really sad to see as he was so pivotal a couple of seasons back, the first name on the team sheet.

He won’t go out on loan….weve only got him and Sheckleford to play right back really unless we shoe horn Mandeville in again.

#16 User is offline   Dapets 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2024 - 12:00 PM

It’s just odd isn’t it

Give Horton a new deal …..out the team you go….

Give shecks a new deal out the team you go

Give jones a new deal (a player that I don’t think will feature in l2) but end up on the coaching staff …..out the squad you go….

Give Quigley a new deal……. Less minutes than before new deal….

Give Williams a new deal…… not been same player since!

#17 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2024 - 12:06 PM

View Postdtp, on 03 March 2024 - 10:34 AM, said:

It’s ok using that statement of “was very poor yesterday” for the first outfield player in your list but in reality you could put the very same remark against every single player’s name after the first one. The fact that you haven’t shows a level of unfair bias.

Is there any danger at all you can contribute to a discussion without having a pop at anyone? Just once? Its a debating thread for goodness sake. 😂

View PostJonB, on 03 March 2024 - 08:34 AM, said:

Berry has at no point featured on the right hand side so why shoe horn him in there.

I’d like to see him have a go on the right. Right footed, pacey and can cross. I’d like to see more service to grigg and I think he could do it.

#18 User is offline   Osborne again 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 March 2024 - 02:09 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 03 March 2024 - 08:04 AM, said:

Tyrer
Grimes
Horton
Naylor
Berry (on the right)
Dobra (on the left)
Grigg

I'd leave Berry on the bench, play Jacobs out right and have Banks in the middle. I'm with you on Oldaker, he looked like he was playing beach football with his mates. I think King won't get another game, well not on yesterday's performance anyway. I like Palmer but he's always got a mistake in him, where Williams seems more assured. It's certainly one area to strengthen during the summer.

#19 User is online   azul 

• Legend

Posted 03 March 2024 - 02:14 PM

View PostDapets, on 03 March 2024 - 12:00 PM, said:

It’s just odd isn’t it

Give Horton a new deal …..out the team you go….

Give shecks a new deal out the team you go

Give jones a new deal (a player that I don’t think will feature in l2) but end up on the coaching staff …..out the squad you go….

Give Quigley a new deal……. Less minutes than before new deal….

Give Williams a new deal…… not been same player since!

Not odd really, just Cook’s rotation systems whether you or me like it.

Certainly don’t agree with some of the contracts he’s handed out although it was the timing of them more than anything.

At the end of the day we have 14 under contract. That means another 8 to be signed. He probably will make some more ‘odd’ decisions before now and the end of season as he works out if he wants to keep anyone else. In that sense yesterday might have clarified his mind.

This post has been edited by azul: 03 March 2024 - 02:20 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#20 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 03 March 2024 - 02:21 PM

I can see Sheckleford, Jones, Dobra, Banks and possibly Williams all returning to the starting line up!
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users