Solihull Match Day Thread

#221 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 27 December 2023 - 10:30 AM

View PostRogerwillis, on 27 December 2023 - 09:33 AM, said:

Kings for previous hasn’t he for diving….

Think for context we need 14 wins out of the last 22 (form which would probably see town Twitter implode) to get to 100 points.

Just have to keep ticking them off.

Just win the home games and the away games should look after themselves over time. We have 4 of the other top half teams at home and 8 of the bottom half. Still loads to do but we have enough quality to do it
Here we go again!

#222 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 27 December 2023 - 12:13 PM

View Postdtp, on 27 December 2023 - 10:18 AM, said:

Cook didn't actually say "King had dived" in the interview I heard. He said he would have to look at it and see but if he had he would have a word with him.

Strange statement, I thought, because I believe Berry has been booked for diving and we also have Dobra who doesn't exactly do his utmost to stay on his feet.

Oh yes, just to clarify- I didn't say Cook had said Kingy had dived on the interview nor did inhear Cook say that.
The talk from folk is he did dive, King himself seem sheepish in his interview regarding the incident and Cook said he'd have a word with King (regarding the incident when asked about it)

#223 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2023 - 12:17 PM

View PostTrigger, on 27 December 2023 - 10:30 AM, said:

Just win the home games and the away games should look after themselves over time. We have 4 of the other top half teams at home and 8 of the bottom half. Still loads to do but we have enough quality to do it

of course football is not played on paper but if you look at it, our next 7 or 8 games on the run up to going to bromley are a tough set of fixtures, after the bromley game however, we have a long favourable looking run in,

#224 User is offline   JonB 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2023 - 12:27 PM

I can’t see us bringing someone in for two games effectively when even a loan would need to be a month at least financially in terms of the budget and then you are relying on getting someone that is available and better, in the eyes of some one here, that what we have already. Grimes will be back in once the suspension is done.

Any loan is likely a young kid like freckleton which is always a gamble.

#225 User is offline   tomjoad 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Bruce Springsteen Southside Counting Crows Abbot ale and LMS no 8s!

Posted 27 December 2023 - 12:32 PM

View PostZigsuk, on 27 December 2023 - 10:05 AM, said:

Ironic that a year or two ago people were castigating Grimes - knowing you you were probably one of them - now he's the most important and irreplaceable member of the team.
Exactly hes gone from weak link to king pin in one game!

Were fine.

#226 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 27 December 2023 - 12:42 PM

View PostZigsuk, on 27 December 2023 - 10:05 AM, said:

Ironic that a year or two ago people were castigating Grimes - knowing you you were probably one of them - now he's the most important and irreplaceable member of the team.

That’s not irony that’s player development

#227 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2023 - 12:47 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 27 December 2023 - 12:42 PM, said:

That’s not irony that’s player development

Exactly

#228 User is offline   DOUGLAS JARDINE 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2023 - 01:34 PM

Has to come off twitter for a couple of days some of the comments are quite frankly am embarrassment plus other fans on the wind up especially Oldham and soily hull giving it large

#229 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2023 - 01:37 PM

Without smashing the panic button, we’ve now lost twice away at sides that have come at us from the off, Southend and Solihull. I imagine Barnet, Bromley and Oldham will do the same. We seem to struggle against sides that play this way, so we either change the tactics away or sort the defence out. Like someone said earlier, Bromley have an easy run of fixtures and ours on paper are quite tough, we need to be making sure we get back on track and not go on a daft winless run.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#230 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2023 - 01:41 PM

View Postgordon_brittas, on 27 December 2023 - 01:37 PM, said:

Without smashing the panic button, we’ve now lost twice away at sides that have come at us from the off, Southend and Solihull. I imagine Barnet, Bromley and Oldham will do the same. We seem to struggle against sides that play this way, so we either change the tactics away or sort the defence out. Like someone said earlier, Bromley have an easy run of fixtures and ours on paper are quite tough, we need to be making sure we get back on track and not go on a daft winless run.

‘Without smashing the panic button’ :lol:

You’re a parody of yourself.

#231 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 27 December 2023 - 01:44 PM

Their keeper should be p'd off at getting booked for delaying the restart of the game.
With 4 minutes time added, 6 subs (3minutes) a couple of chats with Cooke, a lengthy conflab as to whether Jones took a dive, plus the cursory 2 minutes added at the end of the 2nd half how the hell could the keeper be accused of delaying the restart??

Is it just coincidence but it appears that if we are chasing a game we get very little time added, but if hanging on it's the opposite.
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#232 User is offline   born in 1866 

• DOH !!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2023 - 01:46 PM

Gordon, you are a walking, talking, eating, breathing, panic button.
"It's that simple" © Paul Cook 2012

#233 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2023 - 02:13 PM

View Postdanblue, on 27 December 2023 - 12:13 PM, said:

Oh yes, just to clarify- I didn't say Cook had said Kingy had dived on the interview nor did inhear Cook say that.
The talk from folk is he did dive, King himself seem sheepish in his interview regarding the incident and Cook said he'd have a word with King (regarding the incident when asked about it)

Cook did say he thought it was a dive.

He said he’d have to see it back but he thought it was a dive and his initial reaction was it was a dive.

#234 User is offline   hewittfan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2023 - 02:37 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 27 December 2023 - 09:50 AM, said:

Why?

When there has been issues before, people have gotten refunds without query.

Because the initial response I got from them said:

“If a customer is without video images for thirty percent or less of a game, customers will not be entitled to a refund or voucher.

In no other circumstances can money be refunded or voucher codes issued.”

I did point out to them though that my complaint was about the quality of the streaming, not just the lack of any coverage for the first part of the second half, so I’m still hoping for a further response.

#235 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2023 - 02:40 PM

Strangely, Gordon, over the course of the next half-season Bromley will have to play most of the teams we have to play as they, like us, will only have played most teams once. By the middle of February we will have played virtually every team in or around the top 7 twice and when those teams play each other they both can't take maximum points.

However, Bromley have got 2 games less to play, have played more home games than us, and are 7 points behind us. I bet their manager would change their situation for ours at a drop of a hat. We should stop worrying about the likes of Bromley, Barnet & Solihull etc because the only team that can stop us now is ourselves.

#236 User is offline   danblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2023 - 02:58 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 27 December 2023 - 02:13 PM, said:

He said he’d have to see it back but he thought it was a dive and his initial reaction was it was a dive.

Re watched the interview - I stand corrected. Cook thought it was a dive

#237 User is offline   HaslandBlue58 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC,Travel,Real Ale,Music

Posted 27 December 2023 - 03:11 PM

View Postdtp, on 27 December 2023 - 02:40 PM, said:

Strangely, Gordon, over the course of the next half-season Bromley will have to play most of the teams we have to play as they, like us, will only have played most teams once. By the middle of February we will have played virtually every team in or around the top 7 twice and when those teams play each other they both can't take maximum points.

However, Bromley have got 2 games less to play, have played more home games than us, and are 7 points behind us. I bet their manager would change their situation for ours at a drop of a hat. We should stop worrying about the likes of Bromley, Barnet & Solihull etc because the only team that can stop us now is ourselves.

I don't think the situation could be described better,fully agree.

#238 User is offline   Rogerwillis 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2023 - 03:14 PM

View Postdanblue, on 27 December 2023 - 02:58 PM, said:

Re watched the interview - I stand corrected. Cook thought it was a dive

Still not sure why king didn’t shoot

#239 User is offline   Half Full 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 December 2023 - 03:44 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 27 December 2023 - 02:13 PM, said:

What I really appreciated is that he went on to say that if it was a dive he’d be having a word with King because he doesn’t condone such behaviour and wants us to do the right things. He wants fans to know that if a player goes down in the box it really is a penalty.

#240 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 27 December 2023 - 03:49 PM

View Postdtp, on 27 December 2023 - 02:40 PM, said:

Five home games and one away scheduled in January.

It is not inconceviable that if those games go our way we could already be on the home run. Mixed results and the doomsayers will be out in force, bad results and it will be unbearable.

This post has been edited by azul: 27 December 2023 - 03:52 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

Share this topic:

• (14 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users