• Group: Members

Posted 26 August 2023 - 05:56 PM

Thought King did well and offered more than Sheckleford….and Jones must play

#242 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 05:57 PM

I’d be interested to know why Cook was getting worked up throughout the second half, prior to their equaliser and winner.

I’ve seen nothing of it and had to endure it in the Portuguese sunshine via 1866 commentary but there was mention of Cook raging on the touch line at his players, way before they equalised.

Cook will obviously take the flak but it sounded like there were players on the pitch that he was getting extremely frustrated with.

#243 User is offline   plannerj 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC and many other things!

Posted 26 August 2023 - 05:59 PM

View PostBurnsy, on 26 August 2023 - 04:38 PM, said:

Tyler cost us against Oldham when he punched and didn't catch .
Griggs supposed to be a great goalscorer but he hardly shoots not worth the wage bill.
Berry needs to start

Nonsense. Awful performance today but Berry didn’t do a thing. As so many have said, this tip-tap ball, pass it square, don’t dare drive straight towards and into the box is Cook-ball. It’s his game plan and it’s time for some adjustments.

#244 User is offline   Benno Spire 

• Prediction Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Working hard and playing hard

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:00 PM

Just got home and so disappointed with that awful performance, if we are real title contenders we need to bounce back on Monday
Have passport will travel

#245 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:01 PM

View Postwarfey is a spireite, on 26 August 2023 - 05:26 PM, said:

He does know more than me he ought to what wedge he's probably on ,by the way it was ilkeston town with Jordan bowerys dad bert,records will show I scored 2 ,and a week with Newport county,not that shabby

I know plenty of folk who’ve had trials at professional clubs. Played a few games here and there for non league clubs , got paid for playing at teams like staveley and they’ve been as thick as mud and clueless about the game. Please stop making out your trials mean anything.

#246 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:04 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 26 August 2023 - 05:47 PM, said:

I understand he was uncharacteristically poor today but are you saying last years clean-up POTY should be left out this season?

Yes if Cook starts Colclough wide right. We have better centre mid players than Mandy.

#247 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:05 PM

Let's look at the positives...

Walton must be banned or there'd be 16 new threads by now..
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#248 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:12 PM

View PostBobby Darling, on 26 August 2023 - 06:04 PM, said:

Yes if Cook starts Colclough wide right. We have better centre mid players than Mandy.

I actually agree , god knows why cook isn’t playing our best players in their best positions. We’ve got that much strength attacking wise there doesn’t seem to be any reason for it.

*disclaimer.

*This isn’t an endorsement of sacking Paul cook. It’s actually possible to question his tactics/selctions without becoming a knee jerk hysterical wet wipe after 1 defeat.

#249 User is offline   Johnnyspireite7 

• Legend
  • Interests:Town, Formula 1, England & Yorkshire Cricket.

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:12 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 26 August 2023 - 06:05 PM, said:

Let's look at the positives... Walton must be banned or there'd be 16 new threads by now..

Don't tempt fate!

Oh hang on the other misery guts is at it now.

This post has been edited by Johnnyspireite7: 26 August 2023 - 06:13 PM

"Do you think I'm here for your amusement" & good riddance to bad rubbish

#250 User is offline   TheSpireite1866 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:14 PM

Come to the conclusion we will never get out this division. Same mistakes year after year and hoping for a different conclusion come the end of the season - fed up and totally deflated. To win the league you can lose no more than 7/8…history tells us that. We have lost 1 in the first 5. We need to be winning games and have a habit of drawing or losing totally throwing points away - Had we drew that game it would of still been 4 points dropped in a week. Bunkum - fear for us monday.

#251 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:15 PM

It's Dobra who is not firing on all cylinders yet. If Mandy also has a poor game by his own immaculate standards, which according to 1866 he did today, then it's no surprise that we struggle.
I think the 'soft underbelly' that Cook referred to must include the defensive shortcomings of our '3'. If they don't put the work in, we are too exposed. Time to get Hobson in the squad, and Curtis.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#252 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:18 PM

View PostTheSpireite1866, on 26 August 2023 - 06:14 PM, said:

Come to the conclusion we will never get out this division. Same mistakes year after year and hoping for a different conclusion come the end of the season - fed up and totally deflated. To win the league you can lose no more than 7/8…history tells us that. We have lost 1 in the first 5. We need to be winning games and have a habit of drawing or losing totally throwing points away - Had we drew that game it would of still been 4 points dropped in a week. Bunkum - fear for us monday.

Fully expecting a 7th season in this sh*thole league come next August. We just aren’t streetwise enough to see out games when needed.

This post has been edited by gordon_brittas: 26 August 2023 - 06:18 PM

Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#253 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:32 PM

You said Colclough, along with Grigg, should have started today.

So by that logic, four games in and having started the season with a couple of goals, you’re saying the player who cleaned up at last seasons awards should have been dropped for todays game and will possibly be the player missing out?

#254 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:35 PM

View PostBluekent, on 26 August 2023 - 06:12 PM, said:

I actually agree , god knows why cook isn’t playing our best players in their best positions. We’ve got that much strength attacking wise there doesn’t seem to be any reason for it.

*disclaimer.

*This isn’t an endorsement of sacking Paul cook. It’s actually possible to question his tactics/selctions without becoming a knee jerk hysterical wet wipe after 1 defeat.

Who do you think our best player is on the right of the 3?

#255 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:42 PM

He said in interview, they didn't expect Altrincham to come onto them as much as they did... what the home team, 1 down in front of their own fans, playing against the bookies favourites to win the league, and they didn't expect to have a go as much as they did...

He should be telling the players they are gunna come and have a go for that reason, and this ?? is what we're gunna do to combat that, ...

#256 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:42 PM

Double post.

This post has been edited by spireitetoo: 26 August 2023 - 06:43 PM

#257 User is offline   gb007 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:43 PM

Fact Checker said:

1693068748[/url]' post='1765767']
There's at least one 'Cook Out' comment further up the thread - that's the embarrassment I'm referring to.
Obviously he deserves criticism today, mainly for the poor substitution decisions and for selecting Palmer again (even though it's obvious his legs have gone).
My take on today is this.. first half we were in absolute control. Second half, our pressing from the whole team slowed down which enabled Altrincham more time on the ball. This, along with sloppiness from both full backs, and a passive RCB cost us the game. A new RCB has to be top priority.

So yet again in your eyes Grimes comes away with no blame -Proper Captains organise and cajole ‘passive players ‘ -the problem is Grimes is also a passive player and has been a consistent for 2 years of awful defensive displays.

My favourite quote has always been ‘Its the definition of madness keep doing the same things and expecting different results’

As far as Cook is concerned he has shaped the whole football club and assembled a great squad of players (defensively aside) but I do fear his stubbornness will cost us eg Maguire not being near the squad, reluctance to change tactics when clearly not working, assembling a top heavy coaching staff and then blaming a lack of training facilities for the type of performance put in today.

I would expect the likes of Naylor and Grigg will be having a word with him as I am sure they didn’t buy into this

I am hoping todays shocking display will create a proper backlash within the club and fully expect to see major changes against the current league leaders anything less will suggest that lessons are still not being learned (despite Webb continually promising that we will learn the lessons )

Signing a RCB will not stop the shambolic defensive without further changes in the defensive unit

“When was the last time you did something for the first time”

#258 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:44 PM

View Postrodney, on 26 August 2023 - 05:56 PM, said:

We are missing Jones in midfield, once again the defence were shocking apart from Tyrer and Grimes. Not seen anything encouraging about the so called big signing Jacobs, I couldnt understand the team selection today.Very disappointing performance today never looked capable of killing the games off. Hartlepool on Monday is a real tester, will the team be up for it.
lindave

#259 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:44 PM

View Postrodney, on 26 August 2023 - 05:56 PM, said:

We are missing Jones in midfield, once again the defence were shocking apart from Tyrer and Grimes. Not seen anything encouraging about the so called big signing Jacobs, I couldnt understand the team selection today.Very disappointing performance today never looked capable of killing the games off. Hartlepool on Monday is a real tester, will the team be up for it.
lindave

#260 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 26 August 2023 - 06:53 PM

View PostDOUGLAS JARDINE, on 26 August 2023 - 05:51 PM, said:

You still know nothing

Probably abit more than you though

Share this topic:

• (16 Pages)
  • +