• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Prince Of Wales doing what good politicians used to do Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 June 2023 - 07:21 PM

All power to his elbow with his fine ambition to end homelessness.

I can just about remember when politicians used to do stuff like this. It seems a long time ago.

He is genuinely caring for those less fortunate and genuinely using the power gained to do something to improve their lives.

And no talk of 'world beating', no cash to already-rich 'entrepreneurs', no double counting of already committed funding, no use of incorrect basleines with vague dateless targets, and just the opposite of the appalling 'unlike me', demonising mentality that this government increasing seems to rely on.

Johnson, Sunak and their mates should hang their head in shame that it takes a Royal to do their jobs for them.

#2 User is offline   Manfred Archie Mac Gerbil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Chesterfield
    Racing
    Anagrams
    Puzzles

Posted 26 June 2023 - 07:31 PM

dart in the crossbar said:

1687807273[/url]' post='1749949']

I can just about remember when politicians used to do stuff like this. It seems a long time ago.

He is genuinely caring for those less fortunate and genuinely using the power gained to do something to improve their lives.

And no talk of 'world beating', no cash to already-rich 'entrepreneurs', no double counting of already committed funding, no use of incorrect basleines with vague dateless targets, and just the opposite of the appalling 'unlike me', demonising mentality that this government increasing seems to rely on.

Johnson, Sunak and their mates should hang their head in shame that it takes a Royal to do their jobs for them.

To be fair he did do something for the homeless for his Coronation. He had his security remove them from the streets of Windsor before he rode past on his golden horse and cart because he didn’t want them offending him.
Let me in!

#3 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 26 June 2023 - 07:34 PM

View PostManfred Archie Mac Gerbil, on 26 June 2023 - 07:31 PM, said:

To be fair he did do something for the homeless for his Coronation. He had his security remove them from the streets of Windsor before he rode past on his golden horse and cart because he didn’t want them offending him.

pedants corner: thatd be king charles not the prince of wales.

#4 User is offline   Manfred Archie Mac Gerbil 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post
  • Interests:Chesterfield
    Racing
    Anagrams
    Puzzles

Posted 26 June 2023 - 09:14 PM

mr. smith said:

1687808051[/url]' post='1749959']
pedants corner: thatd be king charles not the prince of wales.

That was actually a spoiler.
Let me in!

#5 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 26 June 2023 - 09:20 PM

Watching Royal Ascot I was rather pleased with the effort our Monarch is making to integrate..He’s actually doing rather well.
East stand second class citizen.

#6 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 26 June 2023 - 10:04 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 26 June 2023 - 09:20 PM, said:

Watching Royal Ascot I was rather pleased with the effort our Monarch is making to integrate..He’s actually doing rather well.

To the one who gave me the red mark, I bet you’re one of those minute number of loons who screech “not my king not my king”…
Fruit loop.

#7 User is online   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 26 June 2023 - 10:53 PM

This is crying out for S+D
A new hope.

#8 User is online   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 27 June 2023 - 12:02 AM

He should champion a fund from central governments to co ordinatenwith councils to have house building program to provide affordable rental property provided by local authorities
A new hope.

#9 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 27 June 2023 - 08:42 AM

View Postdart in the crossbar, on 26 June 2023 - 07:21 PM, said:

Daft thing is the Sunaks are probably more minted than Willy Windsor.

With 'Rishi' unforgetably asking a street person 'So what business are you in?', of course ( https://www.itv.com/...rks-in-business ).

But fair play to the lad. In fact he might get the ball rolling by putting up a few thousand homeless folk in his family's palaces and stately homes.

Perhaps starting with some of his former armed forces colleagues who've hit hard times since leaving...

This post has been edited by The Earl of Chesterfield: 27 June 2023 - 08:43 AM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#10 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 27 June 2023 - 08:48 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 26 June 2023 - 10:04 PM, said:

To the one who gave me the red mark, I bet you’re one of those minute number of loons who screech “not my king not my king”…
Fruit loop.

Mate - as someone who's repeatedly stepped in to defend folks' right to post pretty questionable views, you might wanna re-think immediately stereotyping those who simply have an alternative opinion like this...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#11 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 27 June 2023 - 08:56 AM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 27 June 2023 - 08:48 AM, said:

Mate - as someone who's repeatedly stepped in to defend folks' right to post pretty questionable views, you might wanna re-think immediately stereotyping those who simply have an alternative opinion like this...

Yes you’re right….Anti monarchists fill ya boots!

#12 User is offline   dart in the crossbar 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 June 2023 - 05:05 PM

View PostManfred Archie Mac Gerbil, on 26 June 2023 - 07:31 PM, said:

It's so much easier to done nothing more than to just be critical than it is to get something done to help others in life. Although it's quite a feat to it that badly.

#13 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 27 June 2023 - 05:08 PM

View PostThe Earl of Chesterfield, on 27 June 2023 - 08:48 AM, said:

Apologies I replied in haste..
“Immediately stereotyping those who have an alternative opinion”…classic!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users