Another Spireite Sadly Gone.

#61 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:09 PM

View PostBridge Inn Away Travel, on 02 February 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

Hi 70's Vivo, the information is as follows:-

We have been asked to let as many friends as possible of Steven 'Bones' Wilson know the details of his funeral.

It will be held at Brimington Methodist Church, Hall Road, Brimington at 2.15pm on Friday 9th February 2018 and everyone is welcome.

The family only will then go to the crematorium but following this they will be at the Proact Stadium from around 3.30pm to 5.30pm where again everyone is welcome to attend.

We are sue that many of you will want to take this opportunity to say a fond farewell to Steven/Bones who was loved and liked by so many people.
RIP Bones, you will be greatly missed on our away travels but we are sure that you will be with us in spirit. God bless xx

Condolences to his family. JUST KEEP BOUNCING UP THERE OLD LAD.
God I hate this league.

#62 User is offline   Barrel Inn Away Travel 

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:22 PM

View Postmoondog, on 03 February 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

Thanks Mark and for those who don't do links here is what it says:-

Following the sad and unexpected death at the age of only 53 of Spireite Steven Wilson, also known as 'Bones' to many of his friends, The Bridge Inn Blues Away Travel Club are holding a collection in his memory.
There will be a collection bucket in the Club Superstore before tomorrow's game against Crawley Town for anyone who wishes to contribute.

The money will go towards a floral tribute bearing his well-used nickname at his funeral that is being held next Friday (February 9) at 2.15pm at Brimington Methodist Church.

Any extra monies collected will go towards other tributes in memory of Steve, including a plaque in the Memorial Garden at the Proact.

This collection is being held to give everyone who knew him and wants to be involved in commemorating his life, the chance to do so together. There will also be a collection on the Bridge Inn coaches on the trip to Morecambe.

We have spoken to Lisa this morning and she has kindly offered to keep the collection for a few days for anyone who can't make it in today.

Also, many thanks to Nick Johnson and Pete Whiteley for sorting this out at very short notice, they were more than helpful.

#63 User is offline   tedspireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:00 PM

Pete spireite Anderson sadly passed away unexpectedly tonight.one of my best mates.it won't be the same without him .had some good times top bloke do owt for you. I put a photo on twitter but don't know how to on here. he loved town.will never be forgotten.hard to take in. RIP

#64 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:21 PM

Really sorry to hear that Ted. RIP Pete.
#notapennymore

#65 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:27 PM

View Posttedspireite, on 06 February 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

Pete spireite Anderson sadly passed away unexpectedly tonight.one of my best mates.it won't be the same without him .had some good times top bloke do owt for you. I put a photo on twitter but don't know how to on here. he loved town.will never be forgotten.hard to take in. RIP

Pete Anderson who untill recently worked at Stagecoach at Stonegravels?

This post has been edited by Security66: 06 February 2018 - 08:31 PM

#66 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:37 PM

View PostSecurity66, on 06 February 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

Pete Anderson who untill recently worked at Stagecoach at Stonegravels?

I used to work with Pete years ago in Dronfield,he came to a few away games with me and the old mini bus crew in the late 80’s,liked a drink did Pete,top lad and Town thru and thru.
RIP Pete.

#67 User is offline   tedspireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:53 PM

View Postmoondog, on 06 February 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

Here you go mate, very sorry to hear this after meeting you and Pete last season down at the St Helens I knew you were very close.

RIP Pete

Thanks mate had some great times with Pete. can't believe it

#68 User is offline   Nitrous Oxide 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:53 PM

Don’t know either of you but sorry for your loss.

#69 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:31 PM

View Posttedspireite, on 06 February 2018 - 08:53 PM, said:

Thanks mate had some great times with Pete. can't believe it

Really sorry to hear about this, 'Ted'.

Pete was proper old school, one of the characters that stood out back in the 'Diarrhea Gang' days. Summat he and I discussed leaning on the St Helens bar not too long ago. And didn't I see him in there only last weekend?

I dunno, what with Alan recently passing and now this...

Anyway, all the best, pal.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#70 User is offline   tedspireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:21 AM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 07 February 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

Pete was proper old school, one of the characters that stood out back in the 'Diarrhea Gang' days. Summat he and I discussed leaning on the St Helens bar not too long ago. And didn't I see him in there only last weekend?

Thanks Chris.its not gonna be same without Pete. he made me laugh other week.he used to always go in st Helens but about a month ago he been to some family do .and called in st after.he ordered a pint then was gonna order another but bar lass refused to serve him saying he had had enough. he told me he was never going in again after that.I said to him I cant believe thay not serve ya.after all you was only acting like normal lol 😁 the new bar lass would not know Pete he was never any trouble when he had a drink only wanted to dance.I will miss him loads. I must know you give me a tap when you see me.

#71 User is online   Vivo 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:52 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 07 February 2018 - 07:31 PM, said:

Hi Chris,
I am pretty sure I can remember Pete from all those years ago and within that crowd of lads. If I remember correctly he was a quietish lad then and very pleasant, nice to talk to.
I hope he can see the town matches from heavan. Really sorry to hear of his passing.

Will be at Steve's (Bones) funeral tomorrow to wish him farewell.
All the best to you and Ted.

#72 User is online   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:59 PM

The Memorial Garden plaque for Steven "Bones" Wilson went up today. Any attending his wake at the Proact are welcome to spend a minute there.

A plaque for Wayne Partridge who died almost a year ago has also been added today.
Peter Whiteley

#73 User is offline   Barrel Inn Away Travel 

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:17 AM

View Postdalekpete, on 08 February 2018 - 10:59 PM, said:

The Memorial Garden plaque for Steven "Bones" Wilson went up today. Any attending his wake at the Proact are welcome to spend a minute there.

A plaque for Wayne Partridge who died almost a year ago has also been added today.

Hi Pete, this will be very much appreciated by everyone attending 'Bones' funeral today but particularly by his family.

Thanks to you personally for the way that you have dealt with this and the speed with which this plaque has been put in place.

RIP 'Bones' from Paul, Kimberley and all of the people who travel on the Bridge Inn coaches, you will be greatly missed by us all xx

Thoughts also to Roy and Margaret, I hadn't realised that it was almost a year since Wayne passed away.

#74 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:06 PM

Sad to hear of another Spireite passing.

Will be breaking my #notapennymore stance to go and raise a toast to Bonehead later today

#75 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 09 February 2018 - 01:24 PM

I’m there later for another fellow Spireite’s wake. I think they’re at the same time so both biggish rooms in use I imagine.

#76 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2018 - 04:39 PM

Bridge Inn Away Travel said:

1518175055[/url]' post='1363491']
Hi Pete, this will be very much appreciated by everyone attending 'Bones' funeral today but particularly by his family.

Thanks to you personally for the way that you have dealt with this and the speed with which this plaque has been put in place.

RIP 'Bones' from Paul, Kimberley and all of the people who travel on the Bridge Inn coaches, you will be greatly missed by us all xx

Thoughts also to Roy and Margaret, I hadn't realised that it was almost a year since Wayne passed away.

Whilst I didn’t know Bones personally Firedodger reminded me that we played against him in the Sunday league on a few occasions. I actually drove past the Methodist Church at Brim today around the time the service had just finished and there were probably the most people I’ve ever seen at a funeral. Clearly a very liked bloke. So sad when people like this are taken so young. RIP lad.

#77 User is online   Vivo 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:41 PM

A fantastic turnout for Steve "Bones" at the Methodist Church today. The main section of the church was packed and so was a second room that had been prepared. I believe there were still a lot more people outside in the cold wind who could not get in. Lots of town scarves and jackets with town badges on them. Lots of faces there from the old days too. Great to see such a turnout for such a lovely lad. The service was really nice and the vicar had obviously done his homework for his speech. A tribute from Joe was very moving and I am sure he was talking for all the Brim lads with his emotional words.
A very sad day for Steve's Mum and family, but I am certain they must have gained a lot of comfort from all the many friends of Steve who made time to say "farewell" to their very good friend.
Rest in peace Steve, you will be missed at the match and around Brim buddy.
Come on You Blues.
All the Town Aren't We?

#78 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:12 PM

You don’t get turnouts like that at funeral services unless your a hugely popular man.

RIP Steve
Every need got an ego to feed

#79 User is offline   Rudeboy spireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:29 PM

I heard the turnout was a fantastic effort, i am sure his family will have got great comfort from knowing how well liked he was.

#80 User is offline   mr. smith 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2018 - 05:10 PM

another one passed this afternoon. Colin Plumtree.
the Entertainments Manager back when we used to mini bus it to away games.
good times.
RIP Col

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users