• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cambridge V Chesterfield

#161 User is offline   JuniorMcDougald 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:43 PM

Anyone any idea what L Orient had points wise at end of October last season ? Is 8 points well short for this time of year ?

#162 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:44 PM

View PostJuniorMcDougald, on 21 October 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

Anyone any idea what L Orient had points wise at end of October last season ? Is 8 points well short for this time of year ?

I’m not sure it matters to be honest. We need to finish 3rd from bottom come end of the season.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#163 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:45 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 21 October 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

I’m not sure it matters to be honest. We need to finish 3rd from bottom come end of the season.

to add if we scrape this scenario on the last day jack will have done an incredible job.

#164 User is offline   whittman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 21 October 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

to add if we scrape this scenario on the last day jack will have done an incredible job.

Have you noticed who we play in the last away league match lol

#165 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 21 October 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

no idea, its old ground again maybe we signed the players we wanted to but it was just poor judgement on what was needed. jack has said several times about how many centre mids we have, ok none of them are particularly any good but squad totally unbalanced. keeper was signed very early on in the window which suggests he was the keeper we wanted. there was the donal mcdermot saga but then we never went after any other wingers, chris o'grady thing went on for a while so it would seem we really wanted him and reports suggest we threw a lot of money at him to ensure this signing, I just think you look at the squad and it was poorly assembled.

It's old ground Jack Bauer but its going to keep coming up. I agree that the squad was poorly assembled, but I think the squad was assembled out of desperation, and that the players we took on - or their representatives- prolonged the talks to get the best deal they could. Yuman nature intit?
I fear that if we go down we will lose the players we have, and struggle to attract players of above midtable National League status while the club is managed in this way.
I'm a right ray of sunlight, I know.
Weve had bad teams before; if the club is well run then a bad team is just a blip. Our problem lies beyond the touchlines.

#166 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:55 PM

View Postbifocart, on 21 October 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

It's old ground Jack Bauer but its going to keep coming up. I agree that the squad was poorly assembled, but I think the squad was assembled out of desperation, and that the players we took on - or their representatives- prolonged the talks to get the best deal they could. Yuman nature intit?
I fear that if we go down we will lose the players we have, and struggle to attract players of above midtable National League status while the club is managed in this way.
I'm a right ray of sunlight, I know.
Weve had bad teams before; if the club is well run then a bad team is just a blip. Our problem lies beyond the touchlines.

I think we are agreeing that the squad is poo and poorly put together, I however have faith that jack lester will assemble a better squad even if it ends up being in the 5th tier.

#167 User is offline   JuniorMcDougald 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

Seriously. Will anyone want to come to us if we are bottom of League ? Could be a Caldwell Jan un lucky dip again Brown KaiKai Grimshaw Falpuala

#168 User is offline   JuniorMcDougald 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:00 PM

Hopefully we get first choice on Forest loans

#169 User is offline   peakblue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:02 PM

Hartlepool went down with 46 pts,leyton orient 36 pts.hartlepool won 11 games whilst leyton orient won 10

#170 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 21 October 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

I think we are agreeing that the squad is poo and poorly put together, I however have faith that jack lester will assemble a better squad even if it ends up being in the 5th tier.

Fair enough Jack, but I think Allen and co have taken the fans' faith for granted for too long. We agree on the current squad, but I don't think the means or the will are there to improve it.
Im getting to be an old b+gger Jack, Ive seen good uns and bad uns come and go but this is only the second time I can remember feeling that that the future of the club is in real jeopardy. Right now I think that the state of things on the pitch is the least of Towns problems.
Im going to get me dinner, nice talking to you.

This post has been edited by bifocart: 21 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

#171 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:13 PM

View PostJuniorMcDougald, on 21 October 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

Seriously. Will anyone want to come to us if we are bottom of League ? Could be a Caldwell Jan un lucky dip again Brown KaiKai Grimshaw Falpuala

Its a fair point, mate. The clear our required to generate the funding for a number of new signings is simple in theory but in practice I'm not sure how much movement there will be. If we're still bottom or near the bottom I can't imagine many teams flocking to relieve us of our deadwood and fringe players. Of course, even if we can lose a few of our lesser players, we then need to attract the players of better quality; I doubt it'll be easy to convince them to come to a club when dropping out of the football league is on the cards. Not a very attractive proposition is it?

#172 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:19 PM

Look at it another way. They went down with 30 losses, the next team went down with 22. We have 11 already. Make no bones about it this is a desperate situation.

#173 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:19 PM

I'll give you some hope. Newport at this stage last season had only 7 points.
http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/37663736
Also notice none of the bottom 5 eventually went down.

#174 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:21 PM

View PostTown_Fan, on 21 October 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

As for wiseman i thought he looked very much the right back he is playing left back. Briggs looked more natural there and was a threat.

Although Briggs provided the assist the commentary on Peak suggested he was being skinned by (I think) Brown. Briggs has told Peak he isn't a LB.

#175 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:23 PM

View PostDoughnut, on 21 October 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

Its a fair point, mate. The clear our required to generate the funding for a number of new signings is simple in theory but in practice I'm not sure how much movement there will be. If we're still bottom or near the bottom I can't imagine many teams flocking to relieve us of our deadwood and fringe players.

Relax. Ashley will have negotiated a fab sell on clause on Nolan, who is currently interesting West Ham if their message board is to be believed.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#176 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

View PostExharboroughspireite, on 21 October 2017 - 06:19 PM, said:

Look at it another way. They went down with 30 losses, the next team went down with 22. We have 11 already. Make no bones about it this is a desperate situation.

Indeed so and no one should minimise the disastrous consequences of going non league. The suggestion we are better off at that level if there's regime change depresses me. We could be down there for many years with or without regime change. We have to stay up and hope for regime change as a FL club.

#177 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

View PostJuniorMcDougald, on 21 October 2017 - 06:00 PM, said:

Hopefully we get first choice on Forest loans

Spoke to a mate of mine this week who's a relative in the Forest set-up.

We agreed that Jack will already have a couple or three of their best lads lined up.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#178 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:28 PM

View PostDoughnut, on 21 October 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

Its a fair point, mate. The clear our required to generate the funding for a number of new signings is simple in theory but in practice I'm not sure how much movement there will be. If we're still bottom or near the bottom I can't imagine many teams flocking to relieve us of our deadwood and fringe players. Of course, even if we can lose a few of our lesser players, we then need to attract the players of better quality; I doubt it'll be easy to convince them to come to a club when dropping out of the football league is on the cards. Not a very attractive proposition is it?

^^^^^^This^^^^^

Can you imagine the queue around the corner for Chris O'Grady? No matter what the interest (which will be none), he'll be sitting on his contract to make sure he gets paid, just like SEB. And so another expensive flop kills the team from within. Well played, Ashley...

#179 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:29 PM

View Postdim view, on 21 October 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

Relax. Ashley will have negotiated a fab sell on clause on Nolan, who is currently interesting West Ham if their message board is to be believed.

Danny Wilson saw potential in the lad but Caldwell got rid.

Perhaps under pressure from his employers.

Everything that's gone wrong at our club in a nutshell.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#180 User is online   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:31 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 21 October 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

Danny Wilson saw potential in the lad but Caldwell got rid.

Perhaps under pressure from his employers.

Everything that's gone wrong at our club in a nutshell.

I'd like to know who spotted Nolan and Dennis. Could it have been Turner?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

Share this topic:

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users