• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cambridge V Chesterfield

#121 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:12 PM

Yes no point in dressing this up. Bad result with points thrown away from a winning position

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 21 October 2017 - 04:28 PM

#122 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:12 PM

I'm sure Jack will talk about the positives and know where we must improve. My opinion, for what little it's worth is this:

Anyon today made a number of good saves. I saw the free kick for their first and by the strike of their player, I thought he'd flighted it in. Another poster says it was wind assisted. If someone who was there said it was wind assisted, then I'm wrong and it was wind assisted.

The second goal was (from memory) shot-save, shot-block, shot-goal and in a very short space of time. When the replay is available, I'd be loathe to jump on Anyon's back too quickly.

There's a big improvement in how we use and look after the ball. Partly through Jack's playing philosophy, but also also because he is demanding more of his players when we get it. Bust a gut to win it, then you can 'rest' in possession. But you've still got to show for the man in possession. Everyone is moving with each pass, players appear to be less lazy. Notice how those long, hopeful, and always cut-out passes have diminished? You don't need to play them when you've 3 shorter passing options to hit...

I also think this in part due to selection. Without O'Grady, we have to make better decisions and shorter passes on the ball. The hoof-away cheap option is no longer available. Again, part of how Jack's Forest team played - he encouraged them to make quick(er) and better decisions. For some, the out-ball is just an easy way to say "I did my job and got rid" but Jack doesn't wasn't that every time, because there's a time when you need to do that and times when you don't. Players improve and look better when they're challenged correctly to extend themselves, not play within themselves.

The upturn in quality of recent performances reminds me of a change in fortunes for Northampton Rugby club. They were relegated from the premiership in 2007 and new coaches Jim Mallinder and Dorian West got in early on the first day of pre-season and greeted all staff with a banner at the club gates that read "The Holiday Camp Is Now Over".

I think Jack has started the same process...

This post has been edited by Stockholm Spireite: 21 October 2017 - 04:58 PM

#123 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:19 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 21 October 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

I'm not there tbh. But on t'radio they said Wiseman was surprised to be taken off. Though I may have misheard.

When asked on Peak why Wiseman was withdrawn, Jack said 'he was struggling to run'. Not clear whether that was because of injury or general lack of energy

#124 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 21 October 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

When asked on Peak why Wiseman was withdrawn, Jack said 'he was struggling to run'. Not clear whether that was because of injury or general lack of energy

He fudged that question a bit
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#125 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:22 PM

View Postazul, on 21 October 2017 - 04:21 PM, said:

He fudged that question a bit

He did, needed a follow up from Joe didn't it?

#126 User is offline   metallilad 

• Legend
  • Interests:CFC.
    Music (the louder,faster the better).

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:25 PM

If there is a positive from today it's that this defeat hurts. Just a lately I got immune to them but after the win in midweek and after being one up in this one aswell the hurt has comeback.
I don't want it to but it has.
Life goes on. Whatever happens.

#127 User is offline   baldrick2 

• Trialist
  • PipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:30 PM

That's me.its seems that the energy levels are improving week on week.not worried just flattened Saturday evening till I start on jack . Daniel's that is.

#128 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:31 PM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 21 October 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

The sub was warming up a half time, so it must have been a 'give it 5 minutes' thing.

Peak has interpreted Wiseman's action as argumentative but he was probably just peeed off at not being able to run it off.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#129 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:31 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 21 October 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

If there is a positive from today it's that this defeat hurts. Just a lately I got immune to them but after the win in midweek and after being one up in this one aswell the hurt has comeback.
I don't want it to but it has.

Exactly where I'm at.

Good post, my friend.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#130 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:32 PM

View PostGoku, on 21 October 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Worst keeper in the league by a mile. He's been routinely ripped to sh** by fans of whichever club he's played for over the years and we go and sign him. Farce.

For once I acquiesce. We've had some dreadful keepers over the last 3 years.

#131 User is offline   Nerima Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Yumeka
    Tahn
    The Universe & Life
    Learning & growth
    Animals
    アニメ・漫画
    Japanese music

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:37 PM

View PostHapp Hazzard, on 21 October 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

We are now odds-on to be relegated. Something drastic needs to be done, and soon.

What a surprise - we lose and who pops up? Crawl back under your rock. The most drastic thing we could hope for HAS been done by putting Jack in charge. As Mozzer said in his better days, “These things take time.”

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 21 October 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

I've not listened to the game. I've not seen any stats. I've not had any reports from mates.

But what I do know is I sat in front of 'Jeff' with a renewed hope, believing we might have a goal or result in us instead of simply waiting to get beat.

Maybe my new found faith will prove misplaced.

However I choose to believe we're no longer the relegation certainties we were just a few short weeks ago...

That’s more like it! Lump on that we stay up!
頑張れ日本!!!

#132 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:41 PM

View PostNerima Spireite, on 21 October 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

What a surprise - we lose and who pops up? Crawl back under your rock. The most drastic thing we could hope for HAS been done by putting Jack in charge. As Mozzer said in his better days, “These things take time.”

That’s more like it! Lump on that we stay up!

This has been going on for a few years now, made worse by Caldwell. These excuses like 'it was the wind' ...nonsense. Lester's working with what he's got but there will have to be a hell of a lot of quality injected in Jan. or we are down. Not enough quality up top. Dennis starting to be used properly. Scandalous that O Grady has been left out. Not Lester's fault. We never learn.

#133 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:43 PM

View PostSteve Kendall 1982, on 21 October 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

This has been going on for a few years now, made worse by Caldwell. These excuses like 'it was the wind' ...nonsense. Lester's working with what he's got but there will have to be a hell of a lot of quality injected in Jan. or we are down. Not enough quality up top. Dennis starting to be used properly. Scandalous that O Grady has been left out. Not Lester's fault. We never learn.

OGrady was injured today.

#134 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:47 PM

Whats he done to warrant a place??
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#135 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:48 PM

View PostNerima Spireite, on 21 October 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

The table shows we are adrift. Our position is very bad. Goals are still being gifted by errors.

There has been improvement under JL. It does take time to sort this team out but we have to put a run together soon. We have to be in touch in January to have a chance of staying up.

#136 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:50 PM

View Postspireitetoo, on 21 October 2017 - 04:47 PM, said:

Whats he done to warrant a place??

Scandalous in the sense of a big money striker. He should be terrifying defences. Complete waste of money. If he's injured - fair enough. Dreadful signing along with Anyon.

#137 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:53 PM

Injured. However, didn’t hear you say this Tuesday night?? Why not??

View PostSteve Kendall 1982, on 21 October 2017 - 04:50 PM, said:

Scandalous in the sense of a big money striker. He should be terrifying defences. Complete waste of money. If he's injured - fair enough. Dreadful signing along with Anyon.

He was never going to score the goals!!! Look at his record previous to coming to CFC.
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#138 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:56 PM

View PostSpire-Heights, on 21 October 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

Injured. However, didn’t hear you say this Tuesday night?? Why not??

He was never going to score the goals!!! Look at his record previous to coming to CFC.

Paying big money to a target man - might as well gone for Akinfenwa on 1/4 of the money!

sorry............money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post has been edited by Steve Kendall 1982: 21 October 2017 - 04:57 PM

#139 User is offline   Spire-Heights 

• Legend

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:00 PM

View PostSteve Kendall 1982, on 21 October 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

Paying big money to a target man - might as well gone for Akinfenwa on 1/4 of the money!

sorry............money!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chucking money at someone doesn’t mean they can score goals... iF town chucked the same money at you, could you score the goals we need?
Show class, have pride, and display character.If you do, winning takes care of itself.

#140 User is offline   bifocart 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:01 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 21 October 2017 - 04:11 PM, said:

I've not listened to the game. I've not seen any stats. I've not had any reports from mates.

But what I do know is I sat in front of 'Jeff' with a renewed hope, believing we might have a goal or result in us instead of simply waiting to get beat.

Maybe my new found faith will prove misplaced.

However I choose to believe we're no longer the relegation certainties we were just a few short weeks ago...

Alright youth, you choose that. I'm not sure what you're basing it on, but ok.

At least you're not scapegoating Anyon. He's not the problem. He's a bog standard lower division keeper, but while the current regime are in charge he's all we are going to attract. There's no point in having a go at him in the way many on here are doing.

Allen and Carson are the problem.

Jack, for all he's done for us on the pitch, has no management record to speak of. I asked for opinions on here, and I was happy to take on board the comments about his motivational skills and his work at Forest, but I thought his was an appointment designed to appease the fans for five minutes more than owt else and I still do.
I love the bloke and I'm not going to turn on him,but I think he's made a mistake in coming back. I just hope he has the nous to get out quick.

I hope I'm wrong, we both want Town to survive. I hope your new found faith is not misplaced.
Me, it's horrible, but I think we are going down.

I see a bit of National League; its not like the old days in Div 4 when you got voted out and were left to hang out to dry in the Northern Premier League. Most of the grounds are ok, and if you're new to it it'll be novel. But it's rare that anyone gets out straight away; look at Halifax, Barrow, Southport, Wrexham. And once the Non-league mentality gets into your bones, it doesnt go away; you're off the map. Plucky non-leaguers in the cup draw.
There'll still be good days out, and if people think the thing to do is keep turning up like good lads and lasses in the meantime then great.
But the only way supporters can change the way this club is run is to withdraw all support for Allen and his vandals.

Come On You Blues.

This post has been edited by bifocart: 21 October 2017 - 05:02 PM

Share this topic:

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users