• You cannot reply to this topic

Turner's Trip To Kuwait

#161 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:18 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 03 December 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

It might be worth noting that there are some wealthy men in Kuwait, that there is a certain pull from English football (even at lower levels) and Chris and his wife received the sort of hospitality that is traditionally offered by some Arabs to their guests.

It's only worth noting if something tangible comes out of his visit.

I doubt if anyone on this message board cares if he received hospitality fit for a king. I guess members are savvy enough to work out the cost/benefit on any visit if the facts are made known
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#162 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:22 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 03 December 2014 - 08:12 PM, said:

Like I said , a guess..

Not an overly helpful one though.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#163 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 03 December 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

It might be worth noting that there are some wealthy men in Kuwait, that there is a certain pull from English football (even at lower levels) and Chris and his wife received the sort of hospitality that is traditionally offered by some Arabs to their guests.

Nice bit of fence sitting pete....its a pity your reply wasnt after he had booked his tickets to lagos to meet chief kamu dudu lamalama owner of the largest parrot egg company in nigeria....the good news is we can keep the blue kit as the parrots evidently have blue wings.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#164 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:06 PM

View Postazul, on 03 December 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

I guess members are savvy enough to work out the cost/benefit on any visit if the facts are made known

I am sure we will never know the costs of the whole affair. However if the cost of a trip is time rather than money would it be worth a punt?
Peter Whiteley

#165 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:26 AM

View Postbonnyman, on 03 December 2014 - 10:01 PM, said:

Nice bit of fence sitting pete....its a pity your reply wasnt after he had booked his tickets to lagos to meet chief kamu dudu lamalama owner of the largest parrot egg company in nigeria....the good news is we can keep the blue kit as the parrots evidently have blue wings.

Your spelling is crap. It's Adam Lallana, and we missed him.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#166 User is offline   Radders 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostGoku, on 03 December 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

H Again thats all well and good but a simplr google search would have shown this man up to be the fraud that he is. If we are incapable of googling a potential business associate's name then I'm stumped.

Funny that's so simple its ridiculous! I'm sure its something we all did when we heard this guys name. I think you missed your calling - I'm going to put you forward as our new CEO. Certainly more clued in than the current incumbent

#167 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:08 PM

Regardless of what the internet shows about the go-between, if there is trip to meet significant businessmen in the middle-east that costs the Club nothing then it isn't much of a gamble. I would like to know what would have been said on here if it were known our CEO had turned down such an opportunity?
Peter Whiteley

#168 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:13 PM

It would've been along the lines of "thank God he didn't go out to the middle east to pursue financial backing with a quite obviously fake sheikh" I reckon. At least, that would've been my reaction.

#169 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostGoku, on 04 December 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

It would've been along the lines of "thank God he didn't go out to the middle east to pursue financial backing with a quite obviously fake sheikh" I reckon. At least, that would've been my reaction.

I am not sure any he met out there or who paid for the trip come into that category!
Peter Whiteley

#170 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:23 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 04 December 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

I am not sure any he met out there or who paid for the trip come into that category!

What would you call Abdullatif Alnassar?

#171 User is offline   The Rev. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Writer; Football: Boxing: Supporting the Spireites.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostGoku, on 04 December 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

A fake owner of an English football club? (amongst other things mainly unprintable) :rolleyes:

#172 User is offline   spireiterob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostGoku, on 04 December 2014 - 03:23 PM, said:

Did he ever claim to be a 'Sheikh'? To be honest I was under the impression all along from reading between the lines with situation that he was just a go between that he could possibly introduce us to people that could invest. As with pictures with Turner with 'Top Businessmen' etc. Couldnt quite work out what Abdullatif Alnassar's own personal finances had to do with it at all if thats all he was doing.
CFC

#173 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:57 PM

View Postdalekpete, on 04 December 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

So you are confirming that the trip was fully funded by someone other than the club?

That is a relief
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#174 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:34 PM

View PostGoku, on 03 December 2014 - 09:08 PM, said:

H Again thats all well and good but a simplr google search would have shown this man up to be the fraud that he is. If we are incapable of googling a potential business associate's name then I'm stumped.

And if Mr. Allen isn't a bit more on the ball than you give him credit for, then I'm stumped. He hasn't got somewhere in the order of 70 million big ones in front of you by buying oil wells from fake sheikhs, and in his business he'll have learned to tell a con man from somebody who might just pay off before the first million was in.
As somebody else pointed out, if we'd ignored a genuine opportunity the Board would explode.
DA, a highly astute and successful multi-millionaire thought it was worth the price of a ticket. You, slightly less rich, think you know better, even though you had nothing to do with any of the negotiations.
Google away, but I should try to spend a bit more time in the real world.

#175 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:52 PM

That last line is complete throwaway bullshit. You're posting on a forum for a start.

I've had a look for it and it's seemingly been removed now, but when you googled his name before all this kicked off it came back with reviews about his "Progression Academy" where essentially the people who signed up to him and his business were leaving reviews explaining how what he was promising was a complete and utter lie, he was essentially taking their money and not delivering on what he said he was going to do. A more obvious conman you will not find. Then there were reviews in broken pigeon english from people saying "yes please ignore all other negative reviews mister abdullatif is genuine his business is very real you will not be disappointed", obviously either himself or associates who he had got to log on and write positive reviews in an attempt to cover up the large amount of negative, truthful ones. THEN this bloke starts saying he owns the club etc. and you lot are happy we looked into this "business opportunity" on the basis that it's dave allen, how could he ever be fooled i mean it's not like our players earnt such ridiculous bonuses that we made a big loss on our best season in recent years (a league title and a JPT final). £20,000 a player - how could a man of DA's calibre let that slip by him?! surely not?! the numerous mistakes made by CT, surely DA wouldn't let that happen? He's got a lot of money don't you know, the bloke can't possibly make an error.

I'd suggest spending more time on Google and at least attempting to learn what you're talking about before entering a debate on the matter. For crying out loud, this chuffin forum outed this guy as a conman, how long did that take? it took a few members using google about one day in total.

you really do make me laugh.

#176 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:54 PM

View PostScreamadelica, on 04 November 2014 - 10:51 AM, said:

After sleeping on what this guy has said he's trying to turn us into a "brand" in the Middle East to generate more sponsorship and income to turn us into a global name like "arsenal and Chelsea"

Apparently Cfc are in the news on tv and in the papers each week over in Kuwait.

It would be nice for the club to come out and say what actually is happening with this guy. I don't trust what he's saying but if he is doing all this why aren't the club saying it? If he's genuine is he trying to find us a buyer over there?

^^ just look at this post ffs :lol: :lol: :lol:

im so glad we're going out and exploring all these brilliant "business opportunities", i've got a business opportunity it involves sending me your bank card along with the pin number and i'll increase your money beyond your wildest dreams, i presume half of this forum will be well up for this if I say that Dave Allen sanctioned it and I work for CFC?

#177 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

H Again is one of those old people who get scammed by people ringing up saying they've got spyware on their pc and you need to buy their special anti-virus software to save it

Posted Image

#178 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostGoku, on 04 December 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

H Again is one of those old people who get scammed by people ringing up saying they've got spyware on their pc and you need to buy their special anti-virus software to save it

Posted Image

What??
Try again when the red mist has thinned.

#179 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:53 PM

No one is against CFC exploring realistic avenues of investment. How likely is it though, that a cowboy like this chap, was ever going to produce the goods? Do good things ever come from people like him?

#180 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:56 PM

View Posth again, on 04 December 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

What??
Try again when the red mist has thinned.

Not like you to completely ignore the crux.

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users