• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What A Disaster

#1 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 01 October 2022 - 04:09 PM

The only positive is that i didnt witness it. We have been lucky in recent weeks but the luck has run out. That is an absolute terrible result and why we wont get out of this division. Simply unacceptable.

#2 User is offline   BlueRodneyFern 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 01 October 2022 - 04:12 PM

You actually love this Tim don't you and yet again you was not their and I wish I was but laid up in Calow with more wires in me than a plug after having a heart attack and I still listened and wanted us to win as this is a really tough league to get out of

#3 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2022 - 04:13 PM

View PostWalton Spireite, on 01 October 2022 - 04:09 PM, said:

The only positive is that i didnt witness it. We have been lucky in recent weeks but the luck has run out. That is an absolute terrible result and why we wont get out of this division. Simply unacceptable.

What a XXX…drama queen again…can’t win every match & your just looking for attention again

#4 User is offline   SpireiteTillIDiee 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 01 October 2022 - 04:23 PM

get ****** u negative ******

This post has been edited by SpireiteTillIDiee: 01 October 2022 - 04:24 PM

#5 User is offline   SALTERGATE 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2022 - 05:31 PM

If you didn't witness it why comment?

#6 User is offline   Walton Spireite 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2022 - 05:50 PM

View PostSALTERGATE, on 01 October 2022 - 05:31 PM, said:

If you didn't witness it why comment?

The result speaks for itself. And yes just because i didnt go i am entitled to my opinion.

#7 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2022 - 05:57 PM

If you had gone you would have had a lot more to say! It was a ball-breaker of a game, a kick in the nads for the 7500.

#8 User is offline   Toddhopper. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2022 - 06:04 PM

The economy nearly collapsed last week, but this tonka thinks us losing a football match is a disaster. :wacko:

View PostWalton Spireite, on 01 October 2022 - 05:50 PM, said:

The result speaks for itself. And yes just because i didnt go i am entitled to my opinion.
You are, & we're entitled to ridicule you for it.

#9 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2022 - 06:12 PM

A better statement would be : We won’t get out of this division because Wrexham are in it and the play offs are a lottery.

#10 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2022 - 06:41 PM

Disaster my arris, we'll bounce back on Tuesday.
lindave

#11 User is offline   DMU Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2022 - 08:47 PM

The lack of moderation on this board is shocking.
Up the Blues

#12 User is offline   sewey89 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2022 - 08:55 PM

I’m willing to offer my services to help moderate this board. I understand it’s a difficult and time consuming job, so I don’t want to criticise those who do the job currently, but there are certain posters who are just out to wind others up and spoil the enjoyment of posting on here for me (and I presume others). Wind up merchants who offer nothing

#13 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2022 - 09:00 PM

View Postsewey89, on 01 October 2022 - 08:55 PM, said:

I’m willing to offer my services to help moderate this board. I understand it’s a difficult and time consuming job, so I don’t want to criticise those who do the job currently, but there are certain posters who are just out to wind others up and spoil the enjoyment of posting on here for me (and I presume others). Wind up merchants who offer nothing

Absolutely 100% correct.

#14 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 01 October 2022 - 09:01 PM

So you’d be moderating on a pre conceived agenda?
And do you moderate those who’s agenda you disagree with yet allow posting license to those you agree with?
Sorry but your offer to moderate post doesn’t seem in line with being a moderator.

This post has been edited by Mr Mercury: 01 October 2022 - 09:03 PM

East stand second class citizen.

#15 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2022 - 09:02 PM

Sorry, meant to give you a green but my finger slipped.

#16 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 01 October 2022 - 09:03 PM

IMO the problem is that people reply to those wind up merchants. If nobody ever responded to the likes of Walton, their negative, attention- seeking posts would fade away into obscurity.

#17 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 01 October 2022 - 09:06 PM

View PostSecurity66, on 01 October 2022 - 09:02 PM, said:

Sorry, meant to give you a green but my finger slipped.

I said that to the missus the other night, but I got a slap in the mouth for my trouble!
East stand second class citizen.

#18 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2022 - 09:08 PM

what strikes me is that some people seem to enjoy us losing, which i find just weird, i hate losing, others seem to get a kick out of it, reading some posts on here tonight you'd think we were bottom of the table, players being called "showboaters" on one thread, managers tactics being called into question, calls for this player and that player to be dropped, cook gave a great interview today, he wasn't happy, he recognised the team had dropped their standards but what i liked about his interview was that he said he recognised the achievements of his players this season so far, surely we should do the same, yep it was poor today and it'll be poor again sometimes this season but please... disaster??? no, dissapoining yes.

#19 User is offline   Mr_Pleasant 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2022 - 09:29 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 01 October 2022 - 09:01 PM, said:

So you’d be moderating on a pre conceived agenda?
And do you moderate those who’s agenda you disagree with yet allow posting license to those you agree with?
Sorry but your offer to moderate post doesn’t seem in line with being a moderator.

The difficulty with that argument is that Walton has been coming out with the same spiel for at least 10 years. You and some other people on this board obviously know the guy and like him, and put his comments down to his own particular sense of humour, or whatever it is. I don't know him so I have no opinion on what he is like as a person outside of the board. What I do know is that I think his comments clog up the board and seem designed to wind people up and play to his own ego; and it doesn't matter if people ignore him or engage with him, it just continues. That's goes beyond being someone's sense of humour. I find it irritating. It seems I am not alone in thinking that.

So, if someone wants to be a moderator to clamp down on the kind of repetitive postings that Walton makes, I don't see that as being pre-conceived. Pre-conceived is something you've already decided before you've seen evidence of it. If you've got tired of seeing the same stuff time and time again and decide you want to do something about it, that's not pre-conceived. That's why people take action to change things generally.

And the fact is, Walton can make some sensible points in posts. I've seen it happen. I doubt people think he shouldn't be allowed to say we've been cack in a match as such. We're all allowed to say what we think about what has just happened. You can see from the board week in week out that people say stuff that other people disagree with and the mods don't ban them; because they don't have an agenda against that person.

Ironically, it feels like Walton has a pre-conceived agenda to flood the board with new threads and negative posts whenever we lose. And that is the problem.

#20 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 01 October 2022 - 09:32 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 01 October 2022 - 09:08 PM, said:

what strikes me is that some people seem to enjoy us losing, which i find just weird, i hate losing, others seem to get a kick out of it, reading some posts on here tonight you'd think we were bottom of the table, players being called "showboaters" on one thread, managers tactics being called into question, calls for this player and that player to be dropped, cook gave a great interview today, he wasn't happy, he recognised the team had dropped their standards but what i liked about his interview was that he said he recognised the achievements of his players this season so far, surely we should do the same, yep it was poor today and it'll be poor again sometimes this season but please... disaster??? no, dissapoining yes.

Below par 3 games running

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users