Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Port Vale - Friendly - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Port Vale - Friendly

#61 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 July 2021 - 03:59 PM

i'd say that game threw up some useful issues ahead of the season, Carline getting 45 playing as RCB, weston filling in as the sweeper. not sure how many times last season we came back from losing positions but for me we always seemed to do well when taking the lead in games, trying to break teams down when at 0-1 is a hard task and today we didn't quite have the asnwers, pre-season exercise against a side a league above us we did ok.

#62 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:01 PM

Is it part of the master plan to be playing with a makeshift defence at this time of preseason?
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#63 User is offline   StaffsSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:02 PM

View PostLincs Spireite, on 31 July 2021 - 03:56 PM, said:

Loach makes me nervous every time a cross comes in. He's like a goal waiting to happen.

No threat up front today but at least it gives more pre season minutes on the pitch.

Yeah lacking up front today but we missing both our leading scorers in Asante and Denton. Be great to get them both fit again eventually.

#64 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:03 PM

View PostStokespireite, on 31 July 2021 - 04:02 PM, said:

Yeah lacking up front today but we missing both our leading scorers in Asante and Denton. Be great to get them both fit again eventually.

Eventually isn’t soon enough

Worries in defence and attack

This post has been edited by azul: 31 July 2021 - 04:04 PM

#65 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:04 PM

He doesn't come does he. Numerous occasions the balls skimming across the six yard box and he's stationary. We've been spoiled with two good keepers who inspired confidence by coming to collect the ball confidently from crosses. Early days but this could be part of the team Rowe has weakened. Hope not, but I really thought the goalkeeping problem had been solved.

#66 User is offline   hardgums 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:05 PM

Don't get the nervousness everyone seems to have developed about Loach. It's early days yet and if he doesn't come up to expectations then you can bet JR will wield the axe. Thought Curtis was outstanding at the back and Miller is going to be a handful for most NL defences.

#67 User is offline   JohnConn 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:07 PM

Just to add balance

They are three weeks ahead of us they start their season next week and they are a league club

#68 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

View Posthardgums, on 31 July 2021 - 04:05 PM, said:

Don't get the nervousness everyone seems to have developed about Loach. It's early days yet and if he doesn't come up to expectations then you can bet JR will wield the axe. Thought Curtis was outstanding at the back and Miller is going to be a handful for most NL defences.

He doesn’t come for crosses (well documented at previous clubs) and he doesn’t seem to make many saves. I fully understand the nervousness

#69 User is offline   LondonBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

View PostSpireRam, on 31 July 2021 - 03:17 PM, said:

From the west stand it looked nowhere near the corner. A good yard inside the post.

Replay on Up the Vale on Twitter shows the ball nowhere near the corner like you said - pretty much bang in the middle of the goal.

#70 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:08 PM

View PostJohnConn, on 31 July 2021 - 04:07 PM, said:

Just to add balance

They are three weeks ahead of us they start their season next week and they are a league club

Just to add balance, they didn’t look good either. Would anyone be surprised if they were joining s next year

#71 User is offline   SpireRam 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:15 PM

View PostLondonBlue, on 31 July 2021 - 04:07 PM, said:

Replay on Up the Vale on Twitter shows the ball nowhere near the corner like you said - pretty much bang in the middle of the goal.

Not seen it back but thought as much. The crossing worried me massively today it’s the first time I’ve really noticed it. On numerous occasions it looks as though he started to come and bottled it so stayed on his line - which on two occasions could and probably should have led to goals. Other than that I’ve been really impressed with the new additions. Khan will be immense for us.

#72 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:15 PM

View PostLondonBlue, on 31 July 2021 - 04:07 PM, said:

Next excuse - looked like a big defection

#73 User is offline   Twitters 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:16 PM

View Postazul, on 31 July 2021 - 04:08 PM, said:

Just to add balance, they didn’t look good either. Would anyone be surprised if they were joining s next year

It wasn’t our full strength side that’s why.

#74 User is offline   StaffsSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:16 PM

The team that played the first half again Bradford will be a match for any team in this league..... add Asante back in and would be a match for any team in league 2 also. More than held our own against both league 2 teams while giving all players a run out and who are also a couple weeks ahead of us in terms of games played and fitness....

#75 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:36 PM

Some Vale fans seem happy with their performance, I'd be crapping myself if my team were that poor considering that's their first team and they kick off the season fairly shortly.

I think our full strength, fully fit team beats them easily.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#76 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:39 PM

I didn't enjoy the game today against a fairly physical Vale side who were no mugs. No disgrace losing to a strong L1 side.
Still need a goalscoring striker until Asante and Tom are fit, Payne will score goals but its no good playing him as the lone striker. I hope Danny Rowe keeps fit he is a class apart, 3 cracking efforts how that 30yarder curler hit the bar was amazing. His near post flick ons could cause problems at corners and his distribution is solid. Midfield is strong when we play our strongest players like the 1st half against Bradford. Miller is awesome on the ball we need a class striker in the box.
The keeper situation still worries me Loache let in another 20 yarder, yes it was hit with power but it was straight at him and he never laid a hand on it. He never leaves his line, sorry but in my opinion we need a decent keeper ( what a pity we lost monty)..
I'm sure Rowe will sort us out before the 1st game.

lindave

#77 User is offline   Fit as a Nelson 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:46 PM

Denton out for at least a couple of months, great. Rowe wants another couple of signings one of which will likely be that kellerman trialist then the other must be a keeper but we surely need another striker now as well. I think Mitchell is already gone..

#78 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:52 PM

View Postlindave, on 31 July 2021 - 04:39 PM, said:

I didn't enjoy the game today against a fairly physical Vale side who were no mugs. No disgrace losing to a strong L1 side.
Still need a goalscoring striker until Asante and Tom are fit, Payne will score goals but its no good playing him as the lone striker. I hope Danny Rowe keeps fit he is a class apart, 3 cracking efforts how that 30yarder curler hit the bar was amazing. His near post flick ons could cause problems at corners and his distribution is solid. Midfield is strong when we play our strongest players like the 1st half against Bradford. Miller is awesome on the ball we need a class striker in the box.
The keeper situation still worries me Loache let in another 20 yarder, yes it was hit with power but it was straight at him and he never laid a hand on it. He never leaves his line, sorry but in my opinion we need a decent keeper ( what a pity we lost monty)..

Vale are a L2 side and a poor one at that. I personally thought their best player was Worrall who was excellent against Miller down our left side, he also had a chance that hit the bar. Wilson was OK but I think he's getting far too much credit based on a deflected effort, the rest were meh and I think they will really struggle.

Rowe looks quality but he needs an improved Payne or someone better alongside him. Tyson isn't the answer unfortunately, still not sure why / how he got a deal.

The defence needs to cut out the mistakes from when they play out from the back, I'm all for keeping possession but sometimes a hoof is safer than sorry.

Agree Loach looks a liability currently.

All about fitness this one I guess hence the mish mash of players so I guess cant be too critical. Onwards and upwards.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#79 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:53 PM

I’m starting to twitch over Loach too

#80 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 31 July 2021 - 04:54 PM

View Postlindave, on 31 July 2021 - 04:39 PM, said:

The thing that stood out for me today was, once again, the class of Clarke. Head and shoulders above anybody else. Our tactics should simply be to give him the ball, and he'll make things happen.

If we've signed him by sacking Lemon and Foster and by using our favourite agent and by having a large turnover of players then whoopee.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

Share this topic:

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users