Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Braintree Attendance - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Braintree Attendance

#21 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:09 AM

View Postmoondog, on 10 August 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

but how do you know they are attendances ?

The Leagues allowing and even encouraging clubs to quote tickets including sold instead of fans attending, if they want, has spoiled such comparisons as the no shows aren't publicly available

I've read somewhere that it's 'certain' that we will be the only team in this division reporting the numbers as we do.

#22 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:12 AM

The Leagues allowing and even encouraging clubs to quote tickets including sold instead of fans attending, if they want, has spoiled such comparisons as the no shows aren't publicly available

I’d expect it only happens with clubs that electronic turnstiles and bar code readers, otherwise you’d just count the bodies clicking through the turnstiles.

I notice those brain deads on the mega CFC thread on the Mansfield messageboard think that’s why we get bigger attendences than them. I’d be amazed if the majority in the 4th division clubs don’t do the same. We only found out because we queried the attendences and you asked the question.
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#23 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:14 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 10 August 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

I've read somewhere that it's 'certain' that we will be the only team in this division reporting the numbers as we do.

You been reading Stagsnet as well? It’s a dirty habit, perhaps we should both go for counselling

Seriously, how many NL clubs have barcode readers? The bigger ones mentioned in the post above probably do

This post has been edited by azul: 10 August 2018 - 11:17 AM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#24 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:19 AM

View Postazul, on 10 August 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

You been reading Stagsnet as well? It’s a dirty habit, perhaps we should both go for counselling

I cant believe that Chesterfield thread is still going the obsession with us is embarrassing - little tinpot club with no fans

#25 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:31 AM

View Postazul, on 10 August 2018 - 11:12 AM, said:

I’d expect it only happens with clubs that electronic turnstiles and bar code readers, otherwise you’d just count the bodies clicking through the turnstiles.

I notice those brain deads on the mega CFC thread on the Mansfield messageboard think that’s why we get bigger attendences than them. I’d be amazed if the majority in the 4th division clubs don’t do the same. We only found out because we queried the attendences and you asked the question.

What excuse have they got on Scabsnet for selling over a thousand less season tickets than us after 2 successive relegations and taking 400 less to Ebbsfleet in their first match in the Conference?

#26 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:38 AM

View PostSecurity66, on 10 August 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

What excuse have they got on Scabsnet for selling over a thousand less season tickets than us after 2 successive relegations and taking 400 less to Ebbsfleet in their first match in the Conference?

I read some of the thread on there this morning. They are in denial , they don’t seem to want to accept we’ve sold over 3000 season tickets. They also had the audacity to dig out a CFC fan for not going anymore because of our relegation to the conference 🤔.

They’ll be back when Haslam has gone......

#27 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2018 - 11:46 AM

View PostBluekent, on 10 August 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

I read some of the thread on there this morning. They are in denial , they don’t seem to want to accept we’ve sold over 3000 season tickets. They also had the audacity to dig out a CFC fan for not going anymore because of our relegation to the conference 🤔.

They’ll be back when Haslam has gone......

I remember that old line...but then I looked at their historical figures. They've had s*** support since the late 70's...unless they're going to bring them back from the dead they were never there in the first place.

I remember the Chad used to describe any attendance close to 4,000 as "bumper" xD in Chesterfield that's "low" to "standard"

I can see us averaging 1,000 more than them again

#28 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2018 - 12:59 PM

Has Ashley explained why we report attendances in the manner in which we do?

#29 User is offline   Close but no prawn sarnies 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:18 PM

In no way do i want side with the yellow stain, but I suspect if we languished in the National league for several seasons, got back into league and performed as pathetically as they have our fan base would dwindle below its current levels.

I doubt we would be as poorly supported as them but a lot would desert.

Back on thread Saturday 5000 ish

This post has been edited by Close but no prawn sarnies: 10 August 2018 - 01:21 PM

#30 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2018 - 01:27 PM

View PostClose but no prawn sarnies, on 10 August 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

In no way do i want side with the yellow stain, but I suspect if we languished in the National league for several seasons, got back into league and performed as pathetically as they have our fan base would dwindle below its current levels.

I doubt we would be as poorly supported as them but a lot would desert.

Back on thread Saturday 5000 ish

A lot have apparently deserted tho and we’ve still sold over a thousand more than them. They lost supporters instantly in an apparent protest and that protest still seems to be going on even tho Haslam has left , they are back in the football league and they are above the club they are most obsessed with for the first time since god was a lad and for an added bonus we are in the national league whilst they are one of the favourites to go up.

#31 User is offline   YEET 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:08 PM

i emailed the club asking about the attendances. I asked why we do not announce how many people are actually at the game and not tickets bought. Their reply was this 'As far as we are aware each and every club do not announce through turnstiles, there is no fixed guidelines on reporting of attendances, so as of now we do not have and intention of changing current procedures'

#32 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 10 August 2018 - 02:40 PM

View PostCFC91, on 09 August 2018 - 06:40 PM, said:

Will be a lot more than Tuesday I'd hope. My first home game in a while but can't help but be caught up in the buzz around Allen

God I hate this league.

#33 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:39 PM

Just compare what's available

#34 User is offline   Norton Blue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things Spireites - and Liverpool

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:55 PM

#35 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 10 August 2018 - 04:57 PM

View PostBlue5, on 10 August 2018 - 12:59 PM, said:

Has Ashley explained why we report attendances in the manner in which we do?

From memory because other clubs do it,which of course isn't a reason, For me it has to be with the perception it would make the club more attractive to a buyer. The league are the culprits for allowing it, clubs do have to provide the league (EFL at the time I enquired) with the actual number of attendees, too, but the league (EFL) won't publish these. All they do if refer it back to the club's to choose if they want to release the figure.

At least AC is willing to provide the number of no show figures, a rarity it seems,

#36 User is offline   bucko 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2018 - 05:23 PM

#37 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:00 PM

View Postmoondog, on 10 August 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

From memory because other clubs do it,which of course isn't a reason, For me it has to be with the perception it would make the club more attractive to a buyer. The league are the culprits for allowing it, clubs do have to provide the league (EFL at the time I enquired) with the actual number of attendees, too, but the league (EFL) won't publish these. All they do if refer it back to the club's to choose if they want to release the figure.

At least AC is willing to provide the number of no show figures, a rarity it seems,

From a sponsorship point of view I can see why it is advantageous for the EFL if club's do report no shows in their attendance figures because it strengthens their position. I can also think of another reason why unscrupulous owners might wish to overstate season ticket sales, but I will not make reference to that just in case Ashley gets excited.

#38 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:17 PM

View PostBlue5, on 10 August 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

From a sponsorship point of view I can see why it is advantageous for the EFL if club's do report no shows in their attendance figures because it strengthens their position. I can also think of another reason why unscrupulous owners might wish to overstate season ticket sales, but I will not make reference to that just in case Ashley gets excited.

I thought the debate was about ticket sales or actual attendees being the declared figure. Are ST sales figures being disputed ?

#39 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:24 PM

View Postmoondog, on 10 August 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

That’s true.

The buyer theory though suggests to me they are judging people by their own lack of business acumen when it comes to football. Any buyer with half a brain would not be fooled or swayed by such insignificant trivia.

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 10 August 2018 - 06:25 PM

#40 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 10 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

View PostBlue5, on 10 August 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

It’s nothing to do with CFC so excite us with your theory.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users