Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Just When It Couldn't Get Much Worse. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just When It Couldn't Get Much Worse.

#1 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:35 PM

I'm hearing that Ashley Carson is giving it large that he's fronting an alternative takeover bid.

I'm hearing that bid is backed by a number of South Yorkshire based cronies of Carson's.

I'm hearing that Carson believes he can convince Dave Allen his bid is better than the Chinese one.

Which I hear could be everything every Chesterfield fan could hope for and more.

What I'm hearing might be wrong.

Perhaps Carson, through 'Moondog', will confirm once and for all that he wants away from our club and this is all nonsense.

But I'll say one thing here and now.

If Ashley Carson is part of CFC going forward I will never, ever attend another game whilst that's the case.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#2 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:38 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 03 February 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

I'm hearing that Ashley Carson is giving it large that he's fronting an alternative takeover bid.

I'm hearing that bid is backed by a number of South Yorkshire based cronies of Carson's.

I'm hearing that Carson believes he can convince Dave Allen his bid is better than the Chinese one.

Which I hear could be everything every Chesterfield fan could hope for and more.

Perhaps Carson, through 'Moondog', will confirm once and for all that he wants away from our club and this is all nonsense.

If Ashley Carson is part of CFC going forward I will never, ever attend another game whilst that's the case.

He said on the radio earlier the Chinese bid was as good as dead.

He was talking to other English people re: takeover, he’s had 3 meetings with them and only him and Allen are aware of who they are.
Every need got an ego to feed

#3 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:40 PM

Convince dave that this bid is better??
So the Chinese bid is still on the table??
Agree that carson should be removed from chesterfield, not just the club but the whole town... asap
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#4 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:40 PM

You know what, listening to him earlier when I was driving to the ground, and given the way he worded certain things, I briefly worried that might be the case.

I had put it out of my mind until now though.....

#5 User is offline   Tips M'Gee 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:football, arty stuff, music, holidays- lots of!

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:45 PM

He must have skin thicker than a Gherka's 4skin. Why would anyone want to hang about in a club where they were tantamount to the local anti christ. He's about as welcome as a ***** in a lift.
Dancers are considered mad by those who cant hear music.

#6 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

If that's the case, and I've no idea if it is, then there must be a REAL reason that Carson wants to stay around.....one day I'm sure all will be revealed, hopefully!
East stand second class citizen.

#7 User is offline   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:52 PM

I can't imagine how difficult that was to write. Worse still, I doubt you'll be the only one. long-standing and well-forged bonds between the club and its support are being trashed by these people. Carson as "owner," with DA pulling the strings? The National League is the least of our problems.
It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#8 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:55 PM

View PostLooker-on, on 03 February 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

I can't imagine how difficult that was to write. Worse still, I doubt you'll be the only one. long-standing and well-forged bonds between the club and its support are being trashed by these people. Carson as "owner," with DA pulling the strings? The National League is the least of our problems.

Not many would be there to support no doubt even more (alleged) corruption. The relationship with current owners and fans is on its last legs as it is.
Every need got an ego to feed

#9 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:57 PM

View PostHeavy_Soul, on 03 February 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

Not many would be there to support no doubt even more (alleged) corruption. The relationship with current owners and fans is on its last legs as it is.

If what's said is true, why does Carson want to keep involved? Come on Toby Perkins, apparently you've seen documents, get involved now Perkins, and properly.
East stand second class citizen.

#10 User is offline   BigBlue 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:57 PM

Can it possibly get any worse, Carson has been laughing at us from the day he arrived at the club. Now he's got possible connections to a new group of Dee Dah so called business men. Jesus it's a nightmare. Someone slap me to wake me up. Carson and DA out.

#11 User is offline   Siberian Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 03 February 2018 - 08:59 PM

I was thinking earlier how much misery Carson is responsible for. Teams lose matches, sure, but his rap sheet with us goes beyond and beneath belief.
I feel like giving up on football altogether if 'people' like Carson are allowed to run clubs.
These go to eleven.

#12 User is offline   gordon_brittas 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:10 PM

If that's the case Chris, I can see quite a few fans, me included, investigating setting up some sort of phoenix club such as AFC Chesterfield.
Management Accepts New Ideas And Criticism...When Im Managaging think MANIAC!!

#13 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 03 February 2018 - 09:31 PM

Look well if Carson has been playing Dave Allen all along and this is his end game, perhaps he has waited and waited till a time he could seize control at Allen's most vulnerable time or perhaps he has the club at heart.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#14 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

View PostSiberian Spireite, on 03 February 2018 - 08:59 PM, said:

I was thinking earlier how much misery Carson is responsible for. Teams lose matches, sure, but his rap sheet with us goes beyond and beneath belief.
I feel like giving up on football altogether if 'people' like Carson are allowed to run clubs.

I have time for Moondog but sick of him relaying Carsons lies and rubbish! Mark distance yourself while those that know you still trust you! Carson has used you m8! By the way not drunk Westbars lol!
#notapennymore

#15 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 03 February 2018 - 10:58 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 03 February 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

I have time for Moondog but sick of him relaying Carsons lies and rubbish! Mark distance yourself while those that know you still trust you! Carson has used you m8! By the way not drunk Westbars lol!

Sorry John, the only way of making sense of this is to hear and then analyse what he's saying.

#16 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:07 PM

If Carson is associated with any takeover my time supporting CFC which started on 14th October,1960 with a 4-1 win over Coventry City will cease.

#17 User is offline   Spire_78 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:NOYFB

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:09 PM

Carson, you're a 'See You Next Tuesday'

#18 User is offline   Doughnut 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:18 PM

If Moondog didn't relay AC's messages then nobody would hear anything from the club. There would be silence! Not many would be happy. Moondog isn't obligated to relay AC's messages; he does it by choice and chooses to be 'used' in this way.

If you don't believe anything that is relayed from AC via Moondog; fair enough. But, I think the majority of us would prefer to hear from the Club (AC) regardless of whether or not we believe what they hear.

#19 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:20 PM

Why would you or anyone let one person you don’t like stop you from doing something you love?
It sounds like you’re getting your excuses in early for why you won’t watch us in the National League.

#20 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 03 February 2018 - 11:32 PM

Then you don't even have that excuse

I want to here from Carson so I can make my own mind up that he's lying
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users