Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Moderators Statement. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Moderators Statement.

#1 User is offline   Blue95 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:04 AM

I realise this has already been posted elsewhere, but i feel a seperate topic is necessary so everybody has a chance to see it and make their minds up for themselves about certain people who are undoubtedly involved. This was posted by MoonDog yesterday in the thread 'do we really want to be assosciated with' with regards to the termination of Freelander2's account and involvement in ongoing investigations around the club.

Over the past two weeks, many of you have enquired either directly on the messageboard or via private message as to the whereabouts of the poster, Freelander2. To date we have remained silent on the subject but feel now is the right time to explain his absence.

On the morning of the 27th April 2017, an unknown individual who was working to instructions paid a visit to Freelander2’s place of work specifically to discuss his contributions on Bob’s Board. During that visit, Freelander2 was left in no doubt that if he did not agree to stop posting on the messageboard and to delete his account by close of business that day, the next visit would be to his home address and involve members of his family.

For those of you who are not aware, over the past fifteen months Freelander2 has been part of a group of supporters who have actively researched a number of subjects relating to Chesterfield Football Club in an attempt to understand the club’s demise. Given Freelander2’s valued contribution on this messageboard over the past eight years, we fail to understand why anyone with a common goal of wanting what is best for the club would want to silence him, especially in this way.

Freelander2 has confirmed his position to us privately and to ensure his and his family’s safety we have sadly agreed to his request to close his account. You will notice however that such closure doesn't mean his postings are removed.

-- Edit By Denny --

View Postmoondog, on 16 May 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

I just wish to point out AC was made aware of the incident nearly two weeks ago and expressed the same sentiments that this behaviour was well out of order.

AC has met Freelander on a number of occasions with others to discuss our concerns about issues at the club, as has been documented on here and I don't recall him ever asking that any of his postings be removed. In fact I don't recall anyone going through the proper channels of reporting his postings. There is no evidence that anyone at the club is involved in this incident.

This post has been edited by Denny: 16 May 2017 - 12:50 PM
Reason for edit: Additional Information

Who put the ball in the Mansfield net? Super Jackie Lesterrrr

#2 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:05 AM

Doesn't get any easier on the eyes. Really is disgraceful. Bullies spring to mind

#3 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:17 AM

Chesterfield Football Club in cover up shock (not) .

Hoare (400)

#4 User is offline   Trophy5 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:23 AM

Has this been reported to the police?

#5 User is offline   Wooly 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

Je Suis Freelander2
Choo Choo

#6 User is offline   SuperJackyLester 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:52 AM

Whatever happened to freedom of speech! Disgraceful

#7 User is offline   nattyfred 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:02 AM

View PostWooly, on 16 May 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

Je Suis Freelander2

That's quite good for you Wooly.
I speak three languages fluently...........English, Derbyshire & Bolx

#8 User is offline   tedspireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:41 AM

Disgraceful is the police involved yet .?

#9 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 16 May 2017 - 09:50 AM

I'd like this clarified, if it's as it's being portrayed then the police should be involved and not one person who loves this club should set foot in the stadium until ownership changes hands.

Seriously, the club are sending out heavies to threaten supporters?
JRID

#10 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:01 AM

I hope the DT follow up on this.

We need them out now

#11 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 16 May 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

I'd like this clarified, if it's as it's being portrayed then the police should be involved and not one person who loves this club should set foot in the stadium until ownership changes hands.

Seriously, the club are sending out heavies to threaten supporters?

It seems that way, nobodies denied it yet anyway. I was tempted to buy a shirt cos I quite like it but don't think I'll be doing that anymore either.

There might be record attendances for a few local non league sides next season
Here we go again!

#12 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

Heavies present at home games last season.

Heavies present at a fans forum meeting last season.

Heavies present at the AGM last season.

Heavies visit a well respected local business man/CFC sponsor/season ticket holder who dares to investigate the many wrong doings/questionable enterprises linked to CFC at his place of work.

Forgive me if there isn't some sort of pattern here ?

We'd all welcome some sort of official comment Ashley.

#13 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:28 AM

View PostTrigger, on 16 May 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

It seems that way, nobodies denied it yet anyway. I was tempted to buy a shirt cos I quite like it but don't think I'll be doing that anymore either.

There might be record attendances for a few local non league sides next season

Away games only for me
JRID

#14 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:33 AM

Statement definitely needs to be released by the club. Who was the person on here who was constantly nagging for details of this? Perhaps now they understand why details couldn't be released straight away.

#15 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

View PostGoku, on 16 May 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Statement definitely needs to be released by the club. Who was the person on here who was constantly nagging for details of this? Perhaps now they understand why details couldn't be released straight away.

I think you will find the person who was constantly nagging for details on here with the four different accounts was fully aware of the events leading to F2's decision to delete his account.

#16 User is offline   The Peoples Champion 

• Broadswordcallingdannyboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostBlue95, on 16 May 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

I realise this has already been posted elsewhere, but i feel a seperate topic is necessary so everybody has a chance to see it and make their minds up for themselves about certain people who are undoubtedly involved. This was posted by MoonDog yesterday in the thread 'do we really want to be assosciated with' with regards to the termination of Freelander2's account and involvement in ongoing investigations around the club.

Over the past two weeks, many of you have enquired either directly on the messageboard or via private message as to the whereabouts of the poster, Freelander2. To date we have remained silent on the subject but feel now is the right time to explain his absence.

On the morning of the 27th April 2017, an unknown individual who was working to instructions paid a visit to Freelander2’s place of work specifically to discuss his contributions on Bob’s Board. During that visit, Freelander2 was left in no doubt that if he did not agree to stop posting on the messageboard and to delete his account by close of business that day, the next visit would be to his home address and involve members of his family.

For those of you who are not aware, over the past fifteen months Freelander2 has been part of a group of supporters who have actively researched a number of subjects relating to Chesterfield Football Club in an attempt to understand the club’s demise. Given Freelander2’s valued contribution on this messageboard over the past eight years, we fail to understand why anyone with a common goal of wanting what is best for the club would want to silence him, especially in this way.

Freelander2 has confirmed his position to us privately and to ensure his and his family’s safety we have sadly agreed to his request to close his account. You will notice however that such closure doesn't mean his postings are removed.

Jesus H Christ !!!!!!

Thats it Away games only for me now until we have new owners.

Its gone too far 😠😠

#17 User is offline   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:59 AM

Big up whoever set the twitter account up for boycotting. Get some tweets sent to local and national journalists with the link to this thread.
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#18 User is offline   Yenx 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:The Quest for Logical and Sensible Debate

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

View Postspireitenag, on 16 May 2017 - 10:45 AM, said:

I think you will find the person who was constantly nagging for details on here with the four different accounts was fully aware of the events leading to F2's decision to delete his account.

If you're referring to the person who commented that F2 "received a knock on the door, and it wasn't the Avon Lady" in an I-know-something-you-don't-know kind of way, she can't be the brightest button in the box
It's not the despair. I can take the despair. It's the hope I can't stand.

#19 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:11 AM

View Postash_cfc, on 16 May 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

Big up whoever set the twitter account up for boycotting. Get some tweets sent to local and national journalists with the link to this thread.

Have you got a link?

#20 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

View PostGoku, on 16 May 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

If you read the Derbyshire Times thread it seems they are aware of the "Moderators Statement" but at this moment they might be on a sticky wicket reporting it. If the club did make an official comment, whether involved or not, it would then come to light not only to the local media but also nationally as well and could be reported on, or delved into by far more than just message board users.
East stand second class citizen.

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users