Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: News On The Way....maybe? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

News On The Way....maybe?

#1 User is offline   Wingy Blue 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:32 AM

Just appeared on Twitter from AC.....

@ChesterfieldFC Fans deserve to know what is going on. I will address this over the weekend. Please support the club. We need you, we need U

Let's hope we get some answers and some truth.

#2 User is offline   acarson 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2016 - 12:54 AM

Ok, I need to break silence.
Like it or not I am still a director of your club. I offered to resign earlier this week in a board meeting and I was asked by all directors to stay. I agreed. Now I know why.!!

I never expected 4 loyal fans to basically hood wink me and today bail out.

You can call me a Wednesday Banker, De Dah or anything else, but I intend to be honest with you all and keep you posted.

I am in effect now running the club, certainly not my choice, Vice Chairman I would have thought should have led the way, but has proved he has no bottle.

It has been a long day, I will cover everything over the weekend.

I am thinking, issue a statement and then sitting on here and answering questions,

But this is serious stuff, the first sarcastic, urine take, disrespectful question or answer and I will log off.

Is that fair ??

I promise you, I do love this club, I am the conduit to everything at this moment in time, thanks also to Mike Warner and John Croot

By the way I Could also follow the famous 4 who have bailed, but I have not done it...

Another night of not sleeping.

AshleyC

#3 User is offline   PositiveOmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Newbold Lad. Professional Actor and Student Support at a College. Home and Away. Supported since 2001.

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:08 AM

Regardless of whats gone on, you certainly have my respect for staying. It would be very easy for you to leave. So thank you. And I hope people keep this sensible.

Who is currently leading the search for investors and has there been any sniffs? (Understand you couldnt name names)
Carson Out.

#4 User is offline   For your eyes only 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:16 AM

View Postacarson, on 19 November 2016 - 12:54 AM, said:

Like it or not I am still a director of your club. I offered to resign earlier this week in a board meeting and I was asked by all directors to stay. I agreed. Now I know why.!!

You can call me a Wednesday Banker, De Dah or anything else, but I intend to be honest with you all and keep you posted.

I am in effect now running the club, certainly not my choice, Vice Chairman I would have thought should have led the way, but has proved he has no bottle.

I am thinking, issue a statement and then sitting on here and answering questions,

But this is serious stuff, the first sarcastic, urine take, disrespectful question or answer and I will log off.

Is that fair ??

I promise you, I do love this club, I am the conduit to everything at this moment in time, thanks also to Mike Warner and John Croot

By the way I Could also follow the famous 4 who have bailed, but I have not done it...

AshleyC

Ashley at the risk of p*****g someone off at the club, I wouldn't say anymore tonight, I'd strongly suggest you log off here tonight and get some sleep.
If what you say is true, then the fans need you strong and with it.
Not distracted and angry.
Be patient with the fans in your Q & A section too. Sarcasm is some people's way of dealing with worry, anxiety and fear.
Most fans are worried to death, and some deal with it better than others.
Not only do the club need them,you need them, and they need you to be flexible, strong, patient and honest.
Get some sleep.

#5 User is offline   acarson 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:21 AM

View PostFor your eyes only, on 19 November 2016 - 01:16 AM, said:

Ashley at the risk of p*****g someone off at the club, I wouldn't say anymore tonight, I'd strongly suggest you log off here tonight and get some sleep.
If what you say is true, then the fans need you strong and with it.
Not distracted and angry.
Be patient with the fans in your Q & A section too. Sarcasm is some people's way of dealing with worry, anxiety and fear.
Most fans are worried to death, and some deal with it better than others.
Not only do the club need them,you need them, and they need you to be flexible, strong, patient and honest.
Get some sleep.

#6 User is offline   acarson 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:24 AM

Thank you.
Truth is I won't sleep, off to Fleetwood tomorrow and appreciate all who. Will be travelling to support the team and seek 3 points.

I can bail at the click of a button as I am the only one who has access to Companies House, I can resign now, but I won't.

Ashleyc

This post has been edited by acarson: 19 November 2016 - 01:28 AM

#7 User is offline   For your eyes only 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:41 AM

View Postacarson, on 19 November 2016 - 01:24 AM, said:

Thank you.
Truth is I won't sleep, off to Fleetwood tomorrow and appreciate all who. Will be travelling to support the team and seek 3 points.

I can bail at the click of a button as I am the only one who has access to Companies House, I can resign now, but I won't.

Ashleyc

No, don't do anything rash. Sleep on it, exhaust all avenues on trying to get things right before you leave.
At least then you can do it with a clear conscience and no regrets.
Everyone is right there with you on trying to sort this mess out, if I had the cash I'd do it myself.
Lots of loyal and patient fans with no resources to help. Very frustrating for all concerned.

Get some dvds on, chill and GET SOME SLEEP.

#8 User is offline   The Rev. 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Writer; Football: Boxing: Supporting the Spireites.

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:50 AM

View PostFor your eyes only, on 19 November 2016 - 01:41 AM, said:

No, don't do anything rash. Sleep on it, exhaust all avenues on trying to get things right before you leave.
At least then you can do it with a clear conscience and no regrets.
Everyone is right there with you on trying to sort this mess out, if I had the cash I'd do it myself.
Lots of loyal and patient fans with no resources to help. Very frustrating for all concerned.

Get some dvds on, chill and GET SOME SLEEP.

Well said FYEO....and it's not just you two who can't sleep!

#9 User is offline   For your eyes only 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:53 AM

View PostSaltergateBlue01222, on 19 November 2016 - 01:50 AM, said:

Well said FYEO....and it's not just you two who can't sleep!

Thanks, yeah I've just finished work and trying to wind down.
It's not working! And I'm up at 7 :( zzzzz.....

#10 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:55 AM

Ashley

Is Dave more likely to return after today's events?
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#11 User is offline   acarson 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:20 AM

Bank robber,
DA has wanted to resolve this issue all week, he really cares about the club, but is no ones fool, let me try to cover all tomorrow.

AshleyC

Wish the clocks were going back !!!

#12 User is offline   jono_davies 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:30 AM

Really appreciate what you're doing Ashley, good to hear someone is trying to steer the ship in this time of uncertainty.

My question is what has happened to Chris Turner in all of this?

#13 User is offline   Tora Tora Tora 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:cfc thats all

Posted 19 November 2016 - 02:30 AM

Get some sleep. Any communication and information will be appreciated. All the fans want is to be kept in the loop as much as possible.
Non league refs WOW

#14 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:17 AM

I can see this thread is going to run and runPosted Image. For what's it's worth I always felt after the events of this week that DA was playing a joker so to speak and had some kind of plan, I hope I'm right. It is nice to have you come on here and directly communicate with the fans Ashley, it does show a passion and commitment which we can all identify with. It's times like this I'm happy to have finished work at silly o'clockPosted Image

#15 User is online   dim view 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2016 - 05:19 AM

Is that fair ??

AshleyC

Ashley
without being sarcastic, wishing to take the urine, or being disrespectful, I don't believe you. Give us a statement and tell what the 'famous four' have done, in writing.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#16 User is offline   lawman27 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:chesterfield fc & northern soul

Posted 19 November 2016 - 06:16 AM

View Postdim view, on 19 November 2016 - 05:19 AM, said:

Ashley
without being sarcastic, wishing to take the urine, or being disrespectful, I don't believe you. Give us a statement and tell what the 'famous four' have done, in writing.

For Christ sake man give the guy a chance; he's trying to do all he can to keep the Club going and needs us all to "stand" together, he could have walked and saved any abuse however he has had the decency to come on here and at least give us some communication.
I suggest that you do the same.

#17 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:03 AM

View Postdim view, on 19 November 2016 - 05:19 AM, said:

Ashley

Ashley is certainly mistaken if he thinks we are going to criticise the gang of four without knowing what's gone off,

We need and deserve an honest explanation from both sides asap

#18 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:12 AM

Hmmm. You couldn't make this up. 4 directors walking out and the person 'running' the club comes on a message board late at night threatening to tell all and at the same time sort of insulting us for having doubts about his motivation, despite being one of a number of individuals who have managed to oversee a £2m loss in the last 12 months. Oh yes, also insulting the other four directors for bailing out.

Honestly couldn't make it up.

This post has been edited by Exharboroughspireite: 19 November 2016 - 07:13 AM

#19 User is offline   AllTownArentWe 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:17 AM

Is that fair ??

AshleyC

Thank you for staying and fighting for the club. You have my respect sir.

#20 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:18 AM

I'm all for 'communication' but am not at all sure that this is the sort of thing we need.

Ashley; if your intentions are honourable then your actions will speak louder than any words.

Share this topic:

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users