• You cannot reply to this topic

Rommy Boco Video

#41 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

View PostSpire Power, on 02 May 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

A month ago I would not have entertained buying STs for next season (not had one since we were in L1) but yesterday we bought some!
Nurse!

Good lad
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#42 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 01 May 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

It's not that he doesn't have a heart. He's not a physical type of player (nothing wrong with that), so why do fans want him to be? Also he's not one of those players that is going to shine when we are a poor side (which we have mostly been over the last couple of seasons). When we look good, Mark looks good... Coincidence?

The header thing really gets me too. He's not physical, so naturally he's going to use his nous to let the ball bounce rather than compete and probably fail in the air. The one I'm thinking of where he neshed out of a header he did just that and won the ball on the ground (that's where he plays).
Mark Allot was poor in the air also, but I didn't hear folks moan at him for not winning headers.
There's nothing wrong with a deep lying ball player either. The sort of midfield that backs off to find space and play the ball out from there, but everyone wants Randall to charge down field and assist and score (again, not his game).
Personally I don't see much wrong with Randall other than his achilles heal in getting caught out too often and putting pressure on our back four, cut this out and we've got a very good deep lying midfielder. His tackling isn't as bad as some make out either, though it's obvious that's not the strong part of his game.

Mark Allot used to win a good few headers(who cleared a header of the line at wembley?),and at least he would go for the headers, not duck out of the way, he got his foot in, he worked hard and covered a lot of ground. He also tried to play the siple ball as well. The unglamorous stuff, the simple stuff, that MA did so very well, is what is stopping MR from being a very very good player at this, or a higher level.

I`d prefer to look at Ebdon, a great player who could also use the ball. He wasnt a blood and thunder tackle type, but what he did, and what Randall needs to wake up to, is to be an effective midfield player, he needs to follow play. Ebdon was always within 15/20 yards or so of where the ball was, so he was always ready to take the ball, put his foot on it and play a ball to a team mate in space or in a better position. So to do this you need to follow up, you need to cover a lot of ground.
What MR does, he plays a decent ball ball from his his own half, then strolls into the centre circle admiring his pass while play is now 40 yards up the pitch. He has taken himself out of the game. If he had continued his run another 20 yards, he might get it back and be able to play the final ball into RIchards (or whoever is in or around the box) and have a much greater influence in his play.

Now he could be playing to instructions to sit a bit deeper, but have all 3 of the last managers at CFC all told him to do exactly the same thing?

This post has been edited by death: 02 May 2013 - 03:18 PM

A new hope.

#43 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 02 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 01 May 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

Boco here for medical tomorrow

Has he had to go home to ask his mam?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#44 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

Come on, Marcia, what's the score?

This post has been edited by freelander2: 02 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

#45 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

A reliable source of mine has indicated that the other reliable source isn't reliable therefore don't rely on Bocco signing today

#46 User is offline   Scooby Doo 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 01 May 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

It's not that he doesn't have a heart. He's not a physical type of player (nothing wrong with that), so why do fans want him to be? Also he's not one of those players that is going to shine when we are a poor side (which we have mostly been over the last couple of seasons). When we look good, Mark looks good... Coincidence?

The header thing really gets me too. He’s not physical, so naturally he’s going to use his nous to let the ball bounce rather than compete and probably fail in the air. The one I’m thinking of where he neshed out of a header he did just that and won the ball on the ground (that’s where he plays).
Mark Allot was poor in the air also, but I didn’t hear folks moan at him for not winning headers.
There’s nothing wrong with a deep lying ball player either. The sort of midfield that backs off to find space and play the ball out from there, but everyone wants Randall to charge down field and assist and score (again, not his game).
Personally I don’t see much wrong with Randall other than his achilles heal in getting caught out too often and putting pressure on our back four, cut this out and we’ve got a very good deep lying midfielder. His tackling isn’t as bad as some make out either, though it’s obvious that’s not the strong part of his game.

Body language tell an awful of about a player and Randalls shows that he is not committed. I don't expect him to be physical but I do expect him to compete and challange for the ball.
Onwards & Upwards!

#47 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

A reliable source tells me that Boco had applied to have an extra c inserted into his name before he signs. Just so Bobs Board members spell his name correctly.

#48 User is offline   Scooby Doo 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 01 May 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

very reliable source, has never been wrong yet

On another thread you said he was going to sign today!
Onwards & Upwards!

#49 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostRodney, on 02 May 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

A reliable source of mine has indicated that the other reliable source isn't reliable therefore don't rely on Bocco signing today

TBF never said he was signing today, said he was having a medical....

#50 User is offline   newboldsteve 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostSpireite-Karl, on 01 May 2013 - 07:27 PM, said:

I've had nothing but praise for Richards in the last few weeks if you've not noticed ;)

My gripe has always has been that what he's costing us we need much more as he probably only ranks around half way IF everyone was to list their players of the season from all our main players.. Something that isn't good enough when he's costing two or three times what most of our players are costing.
On his last few showings however he's been a totally different player and more like the player that we need for that sort of money. IF he carries on like this and we can get shut of Hird we can hopefully just about afford to bring in the players we need to get us promoted. If he goes back to how he was he's hindering our progress by only playing average at best and costing us another two players.
On the other hand Mark Randall isn't costing the earth and we are trying to get him to resign on reduced terms; and we've already lost Talbot because of the high earners. It's all too easy to have player splits with the wage scale the way it is.
It will also be interesting to see if Richards gets offered a new deal next summer, especially if he has a good season and we don't get promoted again.

we haven,t lost Talbot cos of all the high earners drew knows full well forwards get paid the most always have done always will do and drew knows if we paid him the same it would cripple the club so it couldn't happen and is using it to his own benefit so he can walk away . and as for Richards he will get a contract if he plays good enough but it wont be on the same money

#51 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 02 May 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

TBF never said he was signing today, said he was having a medical....

I assume everything went well with the medical Marcia?
If only....

#52 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 02 May 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

A reliable source tells me that Boco had applied to have an extra c inserted into his name before he signs. Just so Bobs Board members spell his name correctly.

How many l's are there in bell end?

#53 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostSkywalker, on 02 May 2013 - 06:43 PM, said:

I assume everything went well with the medical Marcia?

Isn't it normal practise to sign on the same day after completing a medical. Mind you this is Chesterfield all in good time

#54 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostRodney, on 03 May 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

So you don't think it's disrespectful to constantly spell someones name wrong then Rodnees Mustash?

This post has been edited by trickytrevsfanclub: 03 May 2013 - 11:13 AM

#55 User is offline   Xerxes 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

View PostRodney, on 03 May 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

Isn't it normal practise to sign on the same day after completing a medical. Mind you this is Chesterfield all in good time

signing and announcing a signing don't necessarily happen on the same day

#56 User is offline   Rodney's Moustache 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:21 AM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 03 May 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

So you don't think it's disrespectful to constantly spell someones name wrong then Rodnees Mustash?

No I have a life :)

#57 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostRodney, on 03 May 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

No I have a life :)

No one on Bobs Board has a life, that's why we're constantly posting drivel on the Internet.

#58 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:56 AM

View PostRodney, on 03 May 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

just one, it's a japs
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#59 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

This might help:

Posted Image

In other news Boco is book 53 in the Thomas and Friends box collection. I know this because we have managed to lose this one. I hope that isnt an omen.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#60 User is offline   Dave69-70 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Football, British and world superbikes, Moto Gp, Isle of Man TT.

Posted 03 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 03 May 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

Its also disrespectful to constantly disciminate against peoples spelling.

Share this topic:

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users