Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Cheltenham -v- Chesterfield - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cheltenham -v- Chesterfield Match Thread

#81 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:04 PM

oh how radio sheff will be a joy to listen too :)
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

#82 User is offline   Frank Thacker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

So if Dan Gray plays in a 4-4-2, does that mean he's signed the new bloke as a whing-back?

I'm here all week...
Posted Image

#83 User is offline   sir jacks butler 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Football,Cricket,Films and xbox360!!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

Another 3 points,cant wait for tues night now bring it on!!!!
Oh and rotherscum lost ha ha ha ha

#84 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:09 PM

ComptonShouter, on Mar 6 2010, 05:03 PM, said:

Often in this league the team who start off well & are flying high at the beginning of the season seem to disappear towards the end.

It's generally those teams who have been 'there or thereabouts' & then have an upturn in fortunes Feb / March that do the deed.

So fingers x'd that it's our turn this year. Especially seeing as we seem to have a rubbish post Christmas run usually, but not this year.

3 pts behind bormuff, with a game in hand.

9 pts behind Rochdale, with them to visit Saltergate.

Going up as champions.
A new hope.

#85 User is offline   Monster_Monster 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:10 PM

Is that 5 away wins in a row now? Come on boys lets make it 6 and really make that table start looking interesting to all spireite fans out there :)

Anyone know the last time we achieved 5 wins away on the bounce??

#86 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:12 PM

Westbars Spireite, on Mar 6 2010, 05:02 PM, said:

Ha ha!

Late equaliser for Rotherham and Bradford have gone up other end to seemingly win it!!!

*Picks himself up off floor, pulls himself onto chair laughing manically, and writes...*

Haaa ha ha, haaaaa haaa ha, haaa ha...etc...etc..etc...

*Pulls himself together, then...*

Ahem...sorry...but it's the thought of all those formerly gloating Millers trudging out of that east european style stadium, bemoaning their lot, and grumbling about Ronnie 'Born to be a Miller' Moore.

Who's eyes will no doubt be rolling 'round their sockets like a drunkard.

Wonder who/what he'll blame for today?

Can't wait for Praise and Grumble.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#87 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

Looking at the table it's clear we need to finish above both Bournemouth and Bury for a top 3 finish.

Notts with their games in hand will surely overtake us whatever happens Tuesday.

#88 User is offline   Town_Fan 

• 20/20 visionary

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

I must admit I laughed heartily at the events at the DVS. That result will sting like a biatch.
Guess I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

#89 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

MDCCCLXVI, on Mar 6 2010, 05:15 PM, said:

*Picks himself up off floor, pulls himself onto chair laughing manically, and writes...*

Haaa ha ha, haaaaa haaa ha, haaa ha...etc...etc..etc...

*Pulls himself together, then...*

Ahem...sorry...but it's the thought of all those formerly gloating Millers trudging out of that east european style stadium, bemoaning their lot, and grumbling about Ronnie 'Born to be a Miller' Moore.

Who's eyes will no doubt be rolling 'round their sockets like a drunkard.

Wonder who/what he'll blame for today?

Can't wait for Praise and Grumble.

I can't be doing with it but do keep count of the 'Moore Outs' for me!

#90 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:18 PM

Westbars Spireite, on Mar 6 2010, 05:17 PM, said:

I can't be doing with it but do keep count of the 'Moore Outs' for me!

rotherham losing has big implications on the table,it negates their game in hand and also means we come out with a better goal difference
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#91 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

Monster_Monster, on Mar 6 2010, 05:13 PM, said:

Is that 5 away wins in a row now? Come on boys lets make it 6 and really make that table start looking interesting to all spireite fans out there :)

Anyone know the last time we achieved 5 wins away on the bounce??

dunno, but one win to go to equal club record from 1933

#92 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

402 from town today

#93 User is offline   Aspire_webby 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

moondog, on Mar 6 2010, 04:16 PM, said:

THEY HAD NO RIGHT TO DO THIS UNLESS THEY COULD PROVE PHOTOGRAPHS TAKEN WOULD BE PUBLISHED OR MADE AVAILABLE TO THIRD PARTIES

http://www.ctfc.com/...,,10434,00.html

Ground Regulation 16
Mobile telephones are permitted within the Ground, provided that they are used for personal and private use only PROVIDED THAT no audio, visual or audio-visual material captured by a mobile telephone may be published or otherwise made available to any third parties including, without limitation, via social networking sites.

Ground Regulation 19
Save as set out in paragraph 16 above, no person (other than a person who holds an appropriate licence) may bring into the Ground or use within the Ground any equipment, which is capable of recording or transmitting (by digital or other means) any audio, visual or audio-visual material or any information or data in relation to the Match or the Ground. Copyright, database rights and any other intellectual property rights in any unauthorised recording or transmission is assigned (by way of present assignment of future rights to the Club and The Football League. You further agree (if and whenever required to do so by the Club and/or The Football League) to promptly execute all instruments and do all things necessary to vest the right, title and interest in such rights to the Club and The Football League absolutely and with full title guarantee.

Was stood next to the incident. Gross over-reaction that could have kicked off genuine trouble. One guy was taking pics (not one of those thrown out as it turned out!) and a steward came up and told him not to. Someone took a pic of the steward on a mobile and there was a bit of banter but nothing too bad.

then the stewards went away and talked it over for a good 5 mins next to a group of PCs who didn't get involved. Then they came back and threw 3 out - as I say a good 5 mins after the incident with no-one doing anything but watch the game at that point.

Police weren't interested but had to come over to sort out the ensuing arguement. Nothing kicked off but it was at the side of the ground that was less full. Had it been at the other side you dread to think what might have happened.

This post has been edited by Aspire_webby: 06 March 2010 - 07:19 PM

#94 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:06 PM

death, on Mar 6 2010, 05:12 PM, said:

Going up as champions.

Not beyond the realms of possibility D and would be brilliant if we did. Would be great if you could make the Bournemouth game and meet up for a beer.
If only....

#95 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:26 PM

death, on Mar 6 2010, 05:12 PM, said:

Going up as champions.

MMM. I had to rely on BBC SHEFF on DAB for my coverage this afternoon and when I glanced at the league table at 7ish, I too had the same thought.

Good in'it?

#96 User is offline   Webster 

• First Team Player
  • Interests:beer

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

freelander2, on Mar 6 2010, 08:29 PM, said:

MMM. I had to rely on BBC SHEFF on DAB for my coverage this afternoon and when I glanced at the league table at 7ish, I too had the same thought.

Good in'it?

Will have to perform alot lot better than today if we want the automatics good three points mind
50+ points survival
72+ points Play off's
83+ points Party Time

#97 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:26 PM

MDCCCLXVI, on Mar 6 2010, 03:03 PM, said:

Talbot has a virus, apparently.

Like the midfield, the same back five that's been so miserly, you know what you're getting from Conlon, and it's now up to Small to earn himself a deal for next season.

Wherever that might be.

More like shez has one eye on tuesday.
God I hate this league.

#98 User is offline   frearsghost 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

Aspire_webby, on Mar 6 2010, 07:21 PM, said:

Was stood next to the incident. Gross over-reaction that could have kicked off genuine trouble. One guy was taking pics (not one of those thrown out as it turned out!) and a steward came up and told him not to. Someone took a pic of the steward on a mobile and there was a bit of banter but nothing too bad.

then the stewards went away and talked it over for a good 5 mins next to a group of PCs who didn't get involved. Then they came back and threw 3 out - as I say a good 5 mins after the incident with no-one doing anything but watch the game at that point.

Police weren't interested but had to come over to sort out the ensuing arguement. Nothing kicked off but it was at the side of the ground that was less full. Had it been at the other side you dread to think what might have happened.

This was the most blatant case of physical assault I've seen for a very long time. The guys involved with the photos refused to go quitely and they probably has a case. Words were exchanged which must have irritated the stewards because they simply manhandled the guys, 3 onto 1, and physically
dragged them away. Had the fans used violence first then violence would have been justified.

There was no need for that, even if they had broken the ground rules. It was ugly and frankly I would bring charged against the stewards involved for their brutal assault. The police stood by and did nothing. Since when in this country can you be assaulted simply as a consequence of heated argument. Appalling!

This post has been edited by frearsghost: 06 March 2010 - 10:35 PM

#99 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

I was sat with my mates ( one an off duty copper) and we all thought it was disgraceful the way the stewards dealt with the matter.Instead of going in mob handed why didn't they call in the local plod who were no more than 30yds away from the incident, and could have poured cold water on what began has a minor incident. I'm not a troublemaker or by any means a violent person but I was so peed off with the yobish behaviour of the stewards that I would quite easily have kicked the big fat ringleader a kick in the nuts.If our nutters had been their today it would have kicked off big style. I defended stewards and the coppers on these boards inthe past, but today was appalling, what would have happened to our younger element if the same incident had occurred amongst them. Its scum stewaqrds like this who deserve to get their just desserts against the likes of Cardiff or Millwall.
Sorry for my rant but it upset me that much today to see our fans treated in such a bad way, for such a minor offence.
lindave

#100 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:02 PM

lindave, on Mar 6 2010, 11:02 PM, said:

I was sat with my mates ( one an off duty copper) and we all thought it was disgraceful the way the stewards dealt with the matter.Instead of going in mob handed why didn't they call in the local plod who were no more than 30yds away from the incident, and could have poured cold water on what began has a minor incident. I'm not a troublemaker or by any means a violent person but I was so peed off with the yobish behaviour of the stewards that I would quite easily have kicked the big fat ringleader a kick in the nuts.If our nutters had been their today it would have kicked off big style. I defended stewards and the coppers on these boards inthe past, but today was appalling, what would have happened to our younger element if the same incident had occurred amongst them. Its scum stewaqrds like this who deserve to get their just desserts against the likes of Cardiff or Millwall.
Sorry for my rant but it upset me that much today to see our fans treated in such a bad way, for such a minor offence.

Coppers said they can only intervene when asked to by the stewards. They did say if anyone wrote a letter to them then they would pass it on to Chelts and a full investiagtion would follow. Perhaps you copper mate might like to write.

The big fat steward shouldn't be in a job

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users