Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: As this is the last ever season here - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

As this is the last ever season here What memories will you take away from saltergate?

#81 User is offline   NudgerSS 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 November 2009 - 10:38 PM

I remember my great grandad telling me about a player called Ebenezer Owers who goth the ball on the halfway line and dribbled it towards goal then dribbled back to the halfway line and back to goal before scoring! A bit of poetic license i think but he said he was the best Town player he had ever seen.

My dad lifting me over the turnstiles when I was about 7 or 8 in the 70's to sit in the stand. I didn't like football at the time so have no recollections of the match but just remember a real big bloke with a massive beard swearing his ruddy head off all the way through. Mesmerising.

Football wise aside from the usual, Wallers great goal in the 4-3 midweek win over Halifax, watching the players skate around on a very frosty pitch v Peterborough I think, Bob Bloomers great penalties, and Tony Warner I think it was losing it after receiving monkey chants from the Kop(naughty boys!)

Great days indeed!

John

#82 User is offline   dalekpete 

• CFC & Trust Officer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Cricket, Doctor Who and criminal justice.

Posted 30 November 2009 - 11:08 PM

View PostNudgerSS, on Nov 30 2009, 10:41 PM, said:

I remember my great grandad telling me about a player called Ebenezer Owers who goth the ball on the halfway line and dribbled it towards goal then dribbled back to the halfway line and back to goal before scoring! A bit of poetic license i think but he said he was the best Town player he had ever seen.

Owers scored 40 goals in our 1910 Midlands League winning side. Second best return in a "league" season for us.
Peter Whiteley

#83 User is offline   dmb1978 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 02 December 2009 - 10:14 AM

What about reevsies first ever game for us all those years of scoring aaginst us and what does he do when he scored? run across cross street celebrating only to realize it was away end so run to corner of compton street so funny

#84 User is offline   sir jacks butler 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Football,Cricket,Films and xbox360!!

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:04 AM

How about that game about 5yr ago when that chap (in his fifties i think) on compton street had a snowball fight with quite a few young uns' on the kop that was funny lol,can anyone remember the game or even what season it was?
Another good day at saltergate was seeing kev davies bein treated like a hero signing autographs :lol: :lol: and then beating sheff weds,fantastic day!!!!

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users