• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Player Ratings

#1 User is offline   bangkokspire 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:28 AM

Would it be possible for someone to post an idea of the player's ratings from yesterday a la how Chris often does? Always good for us exiles to get an idea how the individuals in the team performed. Cheers

#2 User is offline   lindave 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:42 AM

LEE...7... SOUND GAME AS USUAL ALTHOUGH I THOUGHT HE COULD HAVE DONE BETTER WITH THE GOAL, BUT NOT BLAMING HIM.
DARWK..7..HAD A TOUGH TIME BUT CAME OUT OF IT WELL.
JONES...SOLID AS A ROCK DESPITE CONSTANT ABUSE FROM THEIR FANS....7
EVO...8... MAN MOUNTAIN ONCE AGAIN AND WAS UNLUCKY WITH HIS 1ST BOOKING.
HIRD...6...WAS HAVING A GOOD GAME UNTIL HE GOT INJURED, GOOD LUCK FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY SAM.
MORS.& RYAN...7...USUAL BATTLING DISPLAY, WHAT A CRACKING EFFORT FROM SAM WHICH HIT THE BAR.
JOHNNO...7...AT LAST SHOWED SIGNS THAT HE CAN BE AUSEFUL LOANEE WORKED HARD.
DOYLE...7...GOOD TO SEE HIM IN THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THE GOAL, BATTLED HARD IN THE DEEPER ROLE.
NANNDO...9....ONE OF HS BEST GAMES FOR TOWN, WON LOADS IN THE AIR AND HAD ONE CLEARED OFF THE LINE. HE HAS TO CONTROL SOME OF HIS AGGESSION THOUGH.
ROBB...9... PURE GENIUS AND WAS UNLUCKY NOT TO SCORE THE FIRST.
RAGLAN...8...WHAT A PROSPECT LOOKS A GEM, DID VERY WELL ESPECIALLY WHEN WE WENT DOWN TO 10 MEN.

ONLY ONE TEAM TRYING TO PLAY FOOTBALL A CLASS PERFORMANCE ONCE AGAIN AND FULLY DESERVED TO WIN BY MORE GOALS.
THE AWAY SUPPORT...10...VOCALLY MAGNIFICENT FOR 90MINS, NOT MANY FANS CAN OUTSING THE VALE FANS.
lindave

#3 User is offline   bangkokspire 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:34 AM

Cheers Dave

#4 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:36 AM

Any idea of how many of us where there?
East stand second class citizen.

#5 User is offline   firedodger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:45 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 31 August 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

Didn't I see about 850 written somewhere?
If you do what you always do, you'll get what you always get.

#6 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

View PostMr Mercury, on 31 August 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

#7 User is online   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:09 AM

View Postmoondog, on 31 August 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

Thanx
East stand second class citizen.

#8 User is offline   BodieUK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

Lee - Steady game without much to do in all fairness. Great save made in the 2nd half from close range (not sure he knew much about it though) - 7

Darikwa - Very good performance in my opinion. Had Port Vales number 20 causing him problems through the 2nd half as he was our entire defence. Tendayi stood strong when needed - 7

Evatt - Solid as a rock until the red card. Both incidents were highly debateable bookings in my opinion and was unlucky not to last the full 90 minutes. We are very lucky to have him - 8

Hird - calm, composed until the injury - 7. Raglan settled into the game after about 10 minutes or so being on the pitch, and put a really good shift in against some strong attacking players - 8

Jones - Got caught out of position numerous occasions in the first half. Recovered fantastically at one point with a beautiful sliding challenge inside our area. Barely left his own half in the second 45 minutes - clear instructions from Cook I'm sure to not get too carried away going forward due to the threat coming from that side

Morsy and Ryan - No need to explain of course - 8 & 8

Roberts - Class act. One of his best games in a Chesterfield shirt. Unplayable and took his goal very well. Hope the injury at the end is nothing too serious - 10

Johnson - Started out centrally as Morsy's partner and looked very lightweight. Great first touch and definitely has an eye for a pass but no way near aggressive enough to play in the centre. Looked far more useful when out on the wing and made some very clever passes. Hopefully put in plenty more shifts like this over the next couple of months - 8

Doyle - Right wing certainly isn't his preferred position but you can only praise him for his performance yesterday. Still making chances for himself even out wide but needs to hit the target far more. Kept things simple when they needed to be and tracked back when needed - 7

Gnanduillet - He played his heart out yesterday. I'm not his biggest fan but he certainly adds another dimension to our play. So happy the fans really got behind him yesterday - he seems to perform so much better when he gets that extra encouragement (rather than fans sarcastically cheering when he wins a header like some did at Fleetwood). He played a key part in both goals and was a constant threat all afternoon (unlike their well known talisman Pope) - deserved a goal when he had a header brilliantly cleared off the line. Shame he ended up on the pitch at the end of the game in tears after the actions of the disgusting minority of PV fans - 9
Twitter: Bodie0402

#9 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:45 AM

I like it how ppl are putting Ryan and morsy as 1 person/rating
Here we go again!

#10 User is offline   philtooleycfss 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:03 AM

View Postmoondog, on 31 August 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

Saw a mate of mine sitting in the home area just in front of the press box, so at least 829!!!

Phil

#11 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:09 AM

View Postphiltooleycfss, on 31 August 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

Saw a mate of mine sitting in the home area just in front of the press box, so at least 829!!!

Phil

Hi Phil
Did you get a good view of the bust up from the press box?. If so, what happened?.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#12 User is offline   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

The above comments give a fair reflection but to make the picture clearer as to what we had to contend with a referees mark of minus 2 would be appropriate
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#13 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

View Postlindave, on 31 August 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:

LEE...7... SOUND GAME AS USUAL ALTHOUGH I THOUGHT HE COULD HAVE DONE BETTER WITH THE GOAL, BUT NOT BLAMING HIM.
DARWK..7..HAD A TOUGH TIME BUT CAME OUT OF IT WELL.
JONES...SOLID AS A ROCK DESPITE CONSTANT ABUSE FROM THEIR FANS....7
EVO...8... MAN MOUNTAIN ONCE AGAIN AND WAS UNLUCKY WITH HIS 1ST BOOKING.
HIRD...6...WAS HAVING A GOOD GAME UNTIL HE GOT INJURED, GOOD LUCK FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY SAM.
MORS.& RYAN...7...USUAL BATTLING DISPLAY, WHAT A CRACKING EFFORT FROM SAM WHICH HIT THE BAR.
JOHNNO...7...AT LAST SHOWED SIGNS THAT HE CAN BE AUSEFUL LOANEE WORKED HARD.
DOYLE...7...GOOD TO SEE HIM IN THE RIGHT PLACE FOR THE GOAL, BATTLED HARD IN THE DEEPER ROLE.
NANNDO...9....ONE OF HS BEST GAMES FOR TOWN, WON LOADS IN THE AIR AND HAD ONE CLEARED OFF THE LINE. HE HAS TO CONTROL SOME OF HIS AGGESSION THOUGH.
ROBB...9... PURE GENIUS AND WAS UNLUCKY NOT TO SCORE THE FIRST.
RAGLAN...8...WHAT A PROSPECT LOOKS A GEM, DID VERY WELL ESPECIALLY WHEN WE WENT DOWN TO 10 MEN.

ONLY ONE TEAM TRYING TO PLAY FOOTBALL A CLASS PERFORMANCE ONCE AGAIN AND FULLY DESERVED TO WIN BY MORE GOALS.
THE AWAY SUPPORT...10...VOCALLY MAGNIFICENT FOR 90MINS, NOT MANY FANS CAN OUTSING THE VALE FANS.

A spot on summary of what I saw too. Also young Jack Broadhead did himself no harm with his performance either.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#14 User is offline   StaffsSpireite 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:44 AM

View Postphiltooleycfss, on 31 August 2014 - 09:03 AM, said:

Phil

There was 3 more of us in the Lorne St home stand near to pitch side so make that 832!! :-) There was about 3 or 4 fans shouting abuse near the tunnel entrance and one PV fan was in a stewards face and pushed his face into the steward who was trying his best to keep him from entering the pitch area. To be honest i couldnt say I heard any racist chants but maybe I just missed it. I saw Shinner arguing with one fan calling him a disgrace so I'm guessing if there was any was maybe from this one individual. If I had got a decent camera phone I could of got the footage but unfortunately i didnt.

#15 User is offline   bangkokspire 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostBodieUK, on 31 August 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

Lee - Steady game without much to do in all fairness. Great save made in the 2nd half from close range (not sure he knew much about it though) - 7

Darikwa - Very good performance in my opinion. Had Port Vales number 20 causing him problems through the 2nd half as he was our entire defence. Tendayi stood strong when needed - 7

Evatt - Solid as a rock until the red card. Both incidents were highly debateable bookings in my opinion and was unlucky not to last the full 90 minutes. We are very lucky to have him - 8

Hird - calm, composed until the injury - 7. Raglan settled into the game after about 10 minutes or so being on the pitch, and put a really good shift in against some strong attacking players - 8

Jones - Got caught out of position numerous occasions in the first half. Recovered fantastically at one point with a beautiful sliding challenge inside our area. Barely left his own half in the second 45 minutes - clear instructions from Cook I'm sure to not get too carried away going forward due to the threat coming from that side

Morsy and Ryan - No need to explain of course - 8 & 8

Roberts - Class act. One of his best games in a Chesterfield shirt. Unplayable and took his goal very well. Hope the injury at the end is nothing too serious - 10

Johnson - Started out centrally as Morsy's partner and looked very lightweight. Great first touch and definitely has an eye for a pass but no way near aggressive enough to play in the centre. Looked far more useful when out on the wing and made some very clever passes. Hopefully put in plenty more shifts like this over the next couple of months - 8

Doyle - Right wing certainly isn't his preferred position but you can only praise him for his performance yesterday. Still making chances for himself even out wide but needs to hit the target far more. Kept things simple when they needed to be and tracked back when needed - 7

Gnanduillet - He played his heart out yesterday. I'm not his biggest fan but he certainly adds another dimension to our play. So happy the fans really got behind him yesterday - he seems to perform so much better when he gets that extra encouragement (rather than fans sarcastically cheering when he wins a header like some did at Fleetwood). He played a key part in both goals and was a constant threat all afternoon (unlike their well known talisman Pope) - deserved a goal when he had a header brilliantly cleared off the line. Shame he ended up on the pitch at the end of the game in tears after the actions of the disgusting minority of PV fans - 9

Excellent and much appreciated

#16 User is offline   philtooleycfss 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

View Postdim view, on 31 August 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

Hi Phil
Did you get a good view of the bust up from the press box?. If so, what happened?.

Was filing my full time report on Radio Derby when it kicked off and everyone leaped up in front, so it was in 'aftermath' stages when I actually got a view, but the bad blood clearly stared on the park when Veseli and Gnanduillet clashed. Daniel Jones explained well on his interview due on player later. I've submitted his quotes to the Star for tomorrow, whether they use them is their call.

Phil

#17 User is offline   Trigger 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Zzz

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

View Postphiltooleycfss, on 31 August 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

Was filing my full time report on Radio Derby when it kicked off and everyone leaped up in front, so it was in 'aftermath' stages when I actually got a view, but the bad blood clearly stared on the park when Veseli and Gnanduillet clashed. Daniel Jones explained well on his interview due on player later. I've submitted his quotes to the Star for tomorrow, whether they use them is their call.

Phil

They won't. They'll just blar blar blar about Sheff u, wendies and fat boy Evans.
Here we go again!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users