Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: A Supreme Test Of Patience? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A Supreme Test Of Patience?

#1 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:59 PM

During this close season I think we have all been aware that changes were going to take place, inevitable when a manager moves on and a new one comes in. we also knew/suspected/feared that a number of our players would leave. 2 went relatively early on and 2 more now this week, and we may not have closed the exit door yet. The season is just around the corner and we await the influx of replacements. Now this could happen tomorrow, next week or sometime before the end of August, whenever it happens the sheer volume of turnover is going to take time to settle. Saunders on arrival at the proact spoke about his track record of doing well at clubs when he'd had a pre-season to prepare, however this level of preparation must be unsettling for the boss, I would tend to think that there is little more Dean could have done to prevent the exits. For me, I feel I have to dig deep here into my powers of patience, as I think Dean Saunders deserves this. With all the goings and (hopefully) comings, its a tough start for him, I note too that our opening fixtures are tricky on paper, hate to sound negative but I am anticipating a difficult start to the season, however, this does not necessarily mean we'll have a bad season, I just hope people can give him a chance and understand the difficulty of the task that was perhaps inevitably going to fall upon anyone following last seasons success.

#2 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:04 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 30 July 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

During this close season I think we have all been aware that changes were going to take place, inevitable when a manager moves on and a new one comes in. we also knew/suspected/feared that a number of our players would leave. 2 went relatively early on and 2 more now this week, and we may not have closed the exit door yet. The season is just around the corner and we await the influx of replacements. Now this could happen tomorrow, next week or sometime before the end of August, whenever it happens the sheer volume of turnover is going to take time to settle. Saunders on arrival at the proact spoke about his track record of doing well at clubs when he'd had a pre-season to prepare, however this level of preparation must be unsettling for the boss, I would tend to think that there is little more Dean could have done to prevent the exits. For me, I feel I have to dig deep here into my powers of patience, as I think Dean Saunders deserves this. With all the goings and (hopefully) comings, its a tough start for him, I note too that our opening fixtures are tricky on paper, hate to sound negative but I am anticipating a difficult start to the season, however, this does not necessarily mean we'll have a bad season, I just hope people can give him a chance and understand the difficulty of the task that was perhaps inevitably going to fall upon anyone following last seasons success.

Some of us realists (aka pessimists) foresaw this exact position, and I am sure Saunders knew this would be his predicament at this stage. It's the 'deniers' I feel sorry for.

#3 User is offline   DerbySpireite59 

• DerbySpireite57
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:22 PM

I have a feeling that the support of the fans is going to be key to the Club's survival this season. Without us behind them, this young band will finish rock bottom imo. However, with us they can survive, and actually thrive in 2016-17. Yes, patience really will be a virtue, but active vocal support will be handsomely repaid.
"No one is 100% good, nor 100% evil"

#4 User is offline   PositiveOmen 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Newbold Lad. Professional Actor and Student Support at a College. Home and Away. Supported since 2001.

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:35 PM

I agree with this.

There were certain groups, even last season, in the midst of tika taka football, that would jump on the first misplaced ball.

If you're going to jump on anyone, make it the board. Don't crucify the players that have put on the shirt, or the manager that has to get the results despite it all.

I can just imagine the 'Eff off Saunders you Welsh..' a few games in, from a select few.

But those select few can create a polluted atmosphere, and it can reach everyone involved.

Of course it doesn't directly affect results, that'd be crazy. But it doesn't hinder things to have some determination in the stands. We're the underdogs that everyone has written off. On other forums, we're in every bottom four. The scabs are already planning us meeting up next season, with glee. I just hope that if the board don't support Saunders, that we embrace the 'against the odds' stuff, and scrape by by the skin of our teeth.
Carson Out.

#5 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:41 PM

View Postderbyspireite52, on 30 July 2015 - 09:22 PM, said:

I have a feeling that the support of the fans is going to be key to the Club's survival this season. Without us behind them, this young band will finish rock bottom imo. However, with us they can survive, and actually thrive in 2016-17. Yes, patience really will be a virtue, but active vocal support will be handsomely repaid.

Nice idea but I think you vastly over rate the impact of what happens beyond the pitch.

#6 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:55 PM

My mate at Wednesday told me that there were some "very" good trialists at todays game...watch this space!!

#7 User is offline   Molly Malone 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:58 PM

I just hope that's the end of the Proact summer sale. Hoping we can keep Morsy now as he's our only current midfielder that can tackle. Who could blame him though if he handed his own transfer request in!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users