• You cannot reply to this topic

Goodbye Tendayi

#41 User is online   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:58 PM

View PostValley Blues, on 30 July 2015 - 07:53 PM, said:

Wasn't being funny, just thought the announcement on the 470 post Tendayi thread was enough for it to continue on there.

If ppl log on they can see instantly that he's gone via this thread rather than trawling through that thread :)

#42 User is offline   Humpalumpa 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:59 PM

View PostGoku, on 30 July 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

It's just over a week until the season starts. We've lost 4 first teamers and a quality manager. We have signed one player of note who is injury prone. The RB who will fill in for Tendayi now is injury prone. We've lost two of our most creative players. We have one good CM who is probably getting sold soon. We have one acceptable striker. We have incredibly average wide men. Our left back is inconsistent, our backup left back is about to receive his pension.

I think it's looking a bit struggl-ey.

Well said, that man. I don't agree with Goku that often but this is spot on.

This squad is a weaker than the one Sheridan took back down.
The pride of Derbyshire

#43 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:59 PM

View PostBankrobber, on 30 July 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

Don't forget the new back of shirt sponsors and the training software that Real Madrid use...

And the vests

#44 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:00 PM

View PostGoku, on 30 July 2015 - 07:58 PM, said:

If ppl log on they can see instantly that he's gone via this thread rather than trawling through that thread :)

who cares anyway?

far too many people trying to be message board police, like it matters!!!!

<for what it's worth, this thread is entirely valid - expect mods to merge it with the other soon !!!! >

#45 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:05 PM

View PostCartman, on 30 July 2015 - 07:54 PM, said:

if we have signed no one else and lost Morsy by August 30th I will agree with you

the financial aspects are totally relevant as they are what can dress it up as something other than negative - funds into the club that can be used for replacements - season has not started yet - let's see where we are when it does

staggered by the negativity on here before a ball is even kicked, but then I remember some had us down to be relegated in January after the sale of Doyle!

decent summary, but as you say, we should not be at panic stations yet (maybe in a few weeks mind) and it is not the worries that baffle me it is the wave of negativity on here cos we've sold a few players

probably because we're not used to having players good enough to sell!

Oh come on Cartman, 'sold a few players', pretty much every saleable asset has gone through transfer or personal choice, and aside from extending a few contracts, getting another back up gk and the risk signing of a recently injury prone centre forward not much has been done to address it. There are overreactions, there always are, but I think a lot of the negativity you mention is quite simply concern given the new season is close to dawning upon us and we are completely in the dark as to who the clubs targets might be. I mean say we miss out on them, it's too late for us to undo our own business and then thats when we can start getting held to ransom by clubs who know we are desperate.

All conjecture and speculation but this is the sort of stuff that is cause for concern until something concrete happens.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#46 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:08 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 30 July 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

Oh come on Cartman, 'sold a few players', pretty much every saleable asset has gone through transfer or personal choice, and aside from extending a few contracts, getting another back up gk and the risk signing of a recently injury prone centre forward not much has been done to address it. There are overreactions, there always are, but I think a lot of the negativity you mention is quite simply concern given the new season is close to dawning upon us and we are completely in the dark as to who the clubs targets might be. I mean say we miss out on them, it's too late for us to undo our own business and then thats when we can start getting held to ransom by clubs who know we are desperate.

All conjecture and speculation but this is the sort of stuff that is cause for concern until something concrete happens.

we have sold a few players - good players yes, but no one is irreplaceable

August is the most important month of the season for us and must be used to assemble a squad capable of competing in L1

If it isn't, you can add me to the mard bottom club!

#47 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:09 PM

View PostCartman, on 30 July 2015 - 07:58 PM, said:

not sure if Ashley can say that

whilst I don't get the negativity before we have signed many and before a ball has been kicked, we simply do not know whether we will be weaker than last season or not, whatever players we sign - proof will be in the pudding and all that

What signings? Wheres the evidence of any signings? Odds on relegation imo
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#48 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:10 PM

View PostGoku, on 30 July 2015 - 07:58 PM, said:

Fair enough. I'm all for the easy life. Genuinely didn't mean it as a dig, apologies.

#49 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:10 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 30 July 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

And the vests

Some of you guys are looking at the new technology like people first did when cars first hid the road -pointing with an an open mouth!

They're used by almost every club in league and non league nowadays. Is just taken us a decade to catch up....

#50 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:12 PM

View Postfishini, on 30 July 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

Relegation because a right back has gone?
But over reaction there.
He improved a lot but is no real loss - Talbot is the better player (in my opinion-just needs to stay injury free).

Shame it was Burnley and not Preston though - Burnley are a horrible little (massive) club

#51 User is offline   bullseyerob 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:12 PM

What worries me now is who we going to sell to Hartlepool !!

#52 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:13 PM

View Postfishini, on 30 July 2015 - 08:09 PM, said:

bet you're fun on a night out

odds on relegation?

were you one of those saying we'd be relegated this time last year, and then again in January?

and on evidence, perhaps the club are not as open as they used to be and are keeping things quiet, who knows!

#53 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:14 PM

View PostCartman, on 30 July 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

we have sold a few players - good players yes, but no one is irreplaceable

August is the most important month of the season for us and must be used to assemble a squad capable of competing in L1

If it isn't, you can add me to the mard bottom club!

No one is irreplaceable, your absolutely right, but your assuming that every replacement is better than what you had before. In our case we simply don't know. We've got good money for our players but that doesnt instantly translate into good players wanting to come here. If we miss our targets which apparently we've assumed we are going to get given we've done all our business then it becomes a bit worrying or again we risk getting teams inflating prices given they know we have money. We could get them all and be ready to go next week but both outcomes are just as likely currently.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#54 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:15 PM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 30 July 2015 - 08:12 PM, said:

Relegation because a right back has gone?
But over reaction there.
He improved a lot but is no real loss - Talbot is the better player (in my opinion-just needs to stay injury free).

Shame it was Burnley and not Preston though - Burnley are a horrible little (massive) club

now I like Talbot, but better than Tendayi? Can't have that

Are you the poster who reckons Tendayi isn't very quick?

Course it is a loss, he was a first choice first team player, losing any first choice player is a loss!

#55 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:16 PM

View PostFirst of the gang, on 30 July 2015 - 07:08 PM, said:

Could have signed an extension like Caleb and Jordan but chose not to.The club stood by him but it appears that counts for little.

That's a bit harsh. As said on another thread, Tendayi and others have been allowed to enter the final year of their contract BY THE CLUB. If ever there's a statement that you're not wanted/not valued/surplus to requirements/not important right now, then letting this happen is that statement. The club could have been thinking progressively and adopted an approach like they did with the former gaffer, and get him to re-sign with a minimum fee release clause. TD and his agent would have been able to put that figure out to clubs & agents in order to facilitate a move.

Yes, CFC stood by him, but he's given us 7 years of his career already. It's a two-way street...

View PostHumpalumpa, on 30 July 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

This squad is a weaker than the one Sheridan took back down.

I'm waiting for the (hopefully) sea of signings before deadline day. From the interviews, it sounds like we're in a staring contest with a few targets, who according to DS haven't got a club and are asking for less money now than they were at the start of summer. Who will blink first?

This is a real sheet or glory moment in the making. We could be looking at a raft of incoming quality if we're "lucky" or end up with with fewer/zero new recruits if other interested clubs cave in agree to current wage demands. It's a big gamble. If it doesn't come off, then we go with what we've got and wait a month or so to see who becomes available on loan. How's our fixture list looking?

But if it comes to that, we'll be ok, right? We're an attractive proposition (I think). I wouldn't go so far as to say we're a professional club that doesn't make mistakes, but we're known for playing good football... ;)

#56 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:17 PM

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 30 July 2015 - 08:14 PM, said:

No one is irreplaceable, your absolutely right, but your assuming that every replacement is better than what you had before. In our case we simply don't know. We've got good money for our players but that doesnt instantly translate into good players wanting to come here. If we miss our targets which apparently we've assumed we are going to get given we've done all our business then it becomes a bit worrying or again we risk getting teams inflating prices given they know we have money. We could get them all and be ready to go next week but both outcomes are just as likely currently.

I'm not assuming anything

What I am doing is seeing what the squad looks like on opening day and then again after the transfer window before I even think about deciding how I think we'll do

#57 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:18 PM

View PostCartman, on 30 July 2015 - 08:13 PM, said:

bet you're fun on a night out

odds on relegation?

were you one of those saying we'd be relegated this time last year, and then again in January?

and on evidence, perhaps the club are not as open as they used to be and are keeping things quiet, who knows!

Never Said this last season but we didnt sell the heart of the tesm did we
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#58 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:20 PM

View Postfishini, on 30 July 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

Never Said this last season but we didnt sell the heart of the tesm did we

plenty did though

We had no strikers, Doyle was useless, we were doomed from the start etc etc

Let's see what the next few weeks bring before deciding we are odds on for the drop

#59 User is offline   Big dave 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:20 PM

Have we even got 11 to start against Barnsley? Dave wanted some money back and he's certainly doing that... god help us this season...

#60 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:21 PM

View PostCartman, on 30 July 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

I'm not assuming anything

What I am doing is seeing what the squad looks like on opening day and then again after the transfer window before I even think about deciding how I think we'll do

You never know, it might look as good as Leyton Orient's expensive looking side last season :(

This post has been edited by 60s 70s Spireite: 30 July 2015 - 08:21 PM

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users