• You cannot reply to this topic

Goodbye Tendayi

#21 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:38 PM

How confident are we that we will be signing the required five match-ready League One standard players?

Saunders will either be wondering why he took this job or if he believes in his own abilities keen to get more money spent than any CFC manager in history.

#22 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:39 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 30 July 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

This is another nail in the coffin for this season sadly.

View PostAlan Birch, on 30 July 2015 - 07:24 PM, said:

I will follow TD almost as if he were still in a Blue shirt. Good luck to the lad. Undisclosed or whatever, it's time to let the purse strings drop open and sign all of these players we've been scouting. Just think - the rumours thread might actually be worthwhile reading in the next seven days ..... lol.

19th by Christmas at this rate.....and that's optimistic.

AB

massive over reactions to losing (all be it a very good one) a right back for (hopefully) decent money!

#23 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

Bankrobber said:

1438283049[/url]' post='1133530']
All the best Tendayi. Joined a good club and an excellent manager.

As for us....a shocking piece of business. Not from the point of view that we've failed to keep hold of him, but we've done the deal (like we did with Sam Clucas) so close to the start of the season and before we signed a replacement. Now every man and his dog assumes we have cash and watch the prices inflate accordingly.

Best of luck tendi good manager too

#24 User is offline   Spired 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:43 PM

Good luck lad

#25 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:45 PM

View PostCartman, on 30 July 2015 - 07:39 PM, said:

massive over reactions to losing (all be it a very good one) a right back for (hopefully) decent money!

It's just over a week until the season starts. We've lost 4 first teamers and a quality manager. We have signed one player of note who is injury prone. The RB who will fill in for Tendayi now is injury prone. We've lost two of our most creative players. We have one good CM who is probably getting sold soon. We have one acceptable striker. We have incredibly average wide men. Our left back is inconsistent, our backup left back is about to receive his pension.

I think it's looking a bit struggl-ey.

#26 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:47 PM

Not at all. It makes us significantly weaker so cannot be dressed up as anything but a negative in terms of our upcoming season. The financial aspects are irrelevant to my point.

#27 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:47 PM

Is that the only phrase in your vocabulary?

Like or not currently we are in a very precarious position. We've lost the stability the team had through last pre-season which saw us start the campaign very well. We've lost high profile and talented members of our team, a few right before the season starts with no replacements as of yet. The one replacement we have had, on paper a very good signing, is also a massive gamble given his recent injury history (something we were told we were trying to eradicate from the squad given the small numbers we usually have) and lack of playing time. There seems to be very little in the way of info getting out on who we are after. And should these high profile targets we are told the club are after go elsewhere, we've already sold our players so we can't really afford to miss out on them otherwise we end up picking from the scrap heaps.

By no means are we at panic stations but people getting worried I can completely understand
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

#28 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:50 PM

Think you will find it's more a reaction to wholesale dismantling of a very good side by the exit of four of the five best players last season. I would think it has never happened so quick in my lifetime; it took two seasons to lose the best part of the 1981 and 1997 sides.

Can't argue with the cash coming in, can't argue the club don't need that cash; but it's a leap of faith to say things will be fine and dandy on the pitch.

#29 User is offline   charleyfarley11 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

Pleased he didn't go to preston

#30 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 30 July 2015 - 07:38 PM, said:

How confident are we that we will be signing the required five match-ready League One standard players?

Saunders will either be wondering why he took this job or if he believes in his own abilities keen to get more money spent than any CFC manager in history.

Morsy aside the kitty is now empty in terms of saleable assets, so at the very least I hope we bring the next crop in!

We should never have missed out on Daniel Johnson because the right player is worth going the extra mile for because of the potential to earn the club money, and it was clear to anyone he would have made us money (he would have looked better for us than he has done for Preston as well in a withdrawn central role that doesn't suit him). We can't let the real McCoy move elsewhere again without doing our utmost to land them.
We’ve got the money now and we need to use it to land all the targets identified, no messing about, get in there and get them in!!
#notapennymore

#31 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:52 PM

If Drew is fit our starting XI a week on Saturday (at best) is something like...

Lee

Talbot
Evatt
Hird/Raglan
Jones

Ariyibi
Morsy
One of Onovwigun/Banks/Hird
O'Shea

SEB
Armand

I wouldn't be overly confident in League Two with that.

#32 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:52 PM

Fess up youmust be slightly dismayed

It's like rummaging around in an end of season sale bargain basement bin

You've just noticed someone rushing away with a smart looking Clucas and Darikwa

You rush over and rummage around but only find a badly chewed Armand, a Gboly and Raglan you've never heard of and then you find a genuine Morsy at 70% off

Result

This post has been edited by azul: 30 July 2015 - 07:55 PM

Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#33 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:53 PM

View PostGoku, on 30 July 2015 - 07:35 PM, said:

No mate that's a different Tendayi Darikwa I'm on about the one that plays for Chesterfield, keep up please.

Wasn't being funny, just thought the announcement on the 470 post Tendayi thread was enough for it to continue on there.

#34 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:54 PM

View PostGoku, on 30 July 2015 - 07:45 PM, said:

It's just over a week until the season starts. We've lost 4 first teamers and a quality manager. We have signed one player of note who is injury prone. The RB who will fill in for Tendayi now is injury prone. We've lost two of our most creative players. We have one good CM who is probably getting sold soon. We have one acceptable striker. We have incredibly average wide men. Our left back is inconsistent, our backup left back is about to receive his pension.

if we have signed no one else and lost Morsy by August 30th I will agree with you

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 30 July 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

Not at all. It makes us significantly weaker so cannot be dressed up as anything but a negative in terms of our upcoming season. The financial aspects are irrelevant to my point.

the financial aspects are totally relevant as they are what can dress it up as something other than negative - funds into the club that can be used for replacements - season has not started yet - let's see where we are when it does

staggered by the negativity on here before a ball is even kicked, but then I remember some had us down to be relegated in January after the sale of Doyle!

View PostSpireiteFitzy, on 30 July 2015 - 07:47 PM, said:

Is that the only phrase in your vocabulary?

Like or not currently we are in a very precarious position. We've lost the stability the team had through last pre-season which saw us start the campaign very well. We've lost high profile and talented members of our team, a few right before the season starts with no replacements as of yet. The one replacement we have had, on paper a very good signing, is also a massive gamble given his recent injury history (something we were told we were trying to eradicate from the squad given the small numbers we usually have) and lack of playing time. There seems to be very little in the way of info getting out on who we are after. And should these high profile targets we are told the club are after go elsewhere, we've already sold our players so we can't really afford to miss out on them otherwise we end up picking from the scrap heaps.

By no means are we at panic stations but people getting worried I can completely understand

decent summary, but as you say, we should not be at panic stations yet (maybe in a few weeks mind) and it is not the worries that baffle me it is the wave of negativity on here cos we've sold a few players

probably because we're not used to having players good enough to sell!

#35 User is offline   Security66 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:55 PM

Always negative you are pal,the lounges have been revamped :windup

#36 User is offline   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:56 PM

@ashleycars123: Dean Saunders will not go into the new season @ChesterfieldFC with a weaker side. He will replace if necessary. He has the funds available.

Good one Ash.

This post has been edited by hilly81: 30 July 2015 - 07:57 PM

#37 User is offline   Bankrobber 

• 83 goals
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Arctic Sheets and Fields of Wheat

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:56 PM

Don't forget the new back of shirt sponsors and the training software that Real Madrid use...
The greatest miscarriage of justice since my case against the producers of the Never Ending Story

#38 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:57 PM

I also would like to wish Tendayi all the best in his future career.

If he had had two years left on his contract he would have been worth at least as much as Sam Clucas. He had established a position in the team and made the right hand side of the pitch his own whereas I still don't know Clucas's position.

Just hope we got a decent fee and sell-on clause.

Saunders really is in a position now where he has to build his own team. Quite a project but I really do hope he succeeds and we have a good season whilst also blooding a few more young gems.

#39 User is offline   Valley Blues 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:57 PM

View PostCartman, on 30 July 2015 - 07:54 PM, said:

if we have signed no one else and lost Morsy by August 30th I will agree with you

the financial aspects are totally relevant as they are what can dress it up as something other than negative - funds into the club that can be used for replacements - season has not started yet - let's see where we are when it does

staggered by the negativity on here before a ball is even kicked, but then I remember some had us down to be relegated in January after the sale of Doyle!

decent summary, but as you say, we should not be at panic stations yet (maybe in a few weeks mind) and it is not the worries that baffle me it is the wave of negativity on here cos we've sold a few players

probably because we're not used to having players good enough to sell!

#40 User is offline   Cartman 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:58 PM

View Posthilly81, on 30 July 2015 - 07:56 PM, said:

@ashleycars123: Dean Saunders will not go into the new season @ChesterfieldFC with a weaker side. He will replace if necessary. He has the funds available.

not sure if Ashley can say that

whilst I don't get the negativity before we have signed many and before a ball has been kicked, we simply do not know whether we will be weaker than last season or not, whatever players we sign - proof will be in the pudding and all that

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users