• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Season Ticket

#21 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:15 PM

View PostHumpalumpa, on 30 July 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

Ok, but not much 'glory hunting' over the past 40+ years pal.... of following CFC.

It's called supporting your home town club, you're not unique so let me share something with you.... it's the same for the rest of us!

Stop bleating, don't slit your wrists, wait until we see who we sign and who knows we might even do ok...
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#22 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:16 PM

View Posttrickytrevsfanclub, on 30 July 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

I like many others used to buy season tickets when we were properly crap. I like many others are as glad we bought one this season as every other as we are not "fair weather" fans and follow the team through thick and thin.

Correct, you buy a season ticket to support your club . Thick and thin. Not to guarantee a cheaper seat to watch a winning team. Football , like life is generally **** with the occasional moment of absolute joy. It looks thin at the minute. However, I'll be renewing my ticket this season, and for many more to come hopefully. Fair weather 'fans' please feel free to do one.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#23 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:17 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 30 July 2015 - 08:08 PM, said:

Bit fair weather myself...fair play to you for your loyalty though!

Won't pretend to be anythingg other than fair weather now due to work and other priorities but was able to buy a ST this year but backed out of it when told about the chance of the club restructuring and cashing in..massive 10 days ahead and I just don't have the faith in the board to take us into the new season with anything near a good enough squad. Morsy will leave before we kick a ball and that puts us up against it having to find 5/6 quality players in no time at all.

#24 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:17 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 30 July 2015 - 08:16 PM, said:

Correct, you buy a season ticket to support your club . Thick and thin. Not to guarantee a cheaper seat to watch a winning team. Football , like life is generally **** with the occasional moment of absolute joy. It looks thin at the minute. However, I'll be renewing my ticket this season, and for many more to come hopefully. Fair weather 'fans' please feel free to do one.

Someone's been on the Chianti..

#25 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:19 PM

[quote name='Mersey Paradise' timestamp='1438286689' post='1133601']
Pay my money and think it deserves a ROI and a bit of ambition. Seeing the spin being peddled by some at the club and close to the club just makes me even more angry. These people must think some fans are thick. Just seen a couple of Ashley Carson tweets about being stronger than last year going into the new season and they're borderline crazy. Its a joke and im sure someone at the club is touting our players to opposition - how can 3 teams who we've played sign 3 of our players so shortly after?!

The lack of reinvestment and replacing Cooper, Doyle, Roberts, Ryan and now Clucas and Darikwa is awful. We will go down if we start the season with anything like this squad. 23/10 for Barnsley on the opening day, absolutely lump on!!

Think a few are blinding by their loyalty - or just have heads in the clouds. Something is wrong at this club, massively!

And FWIW I had a season ticket for the last 10 years at Saltergate. Only had 1 once at the Proact and that was our last relegation season where the club let the fans down massively that time too. Once bitten, twice shy so the ones ones questioning the loyalty are far off the mark - I was there watching us get dicked infront of 2,300 by Macclesfield under Richardson on a freezing cold Tuesday night etc
[/
Not blinded by loyalty. Just loyal.
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#26 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:22 PM

View PostMersey Paradise, on 30 July 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

Won't pretend to be anythingg other than fair weather now due to work and other priorities but was able to buy a ST this year but backed out of it when told about the chance of the club restructuring and cashing in..massive 10 days ahead and I just don't have the faith in the board to take us into the new season with anything near a good enough squad. Morsy will leave before we kick a ball and that puts us up against it having to find 5/6 quality players in no time at all.

If you had backed out for financial or family reasons then fair play, but backing out because you don't have faith.....really !!!

#27 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:24 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 30 July 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

Someone's been on the Chianti..

No I'm drinking cheap vino Bianco from a five ( yes five ) litre demijohn. 7 euros!!!!. Get in. This is CFC 's lake garda correspondent signing off . Arriverderci! By the way reading this forum from afar just emphasises what a load of boll ocks gets spouted.....

#28 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:27 PM

View Postjonnythespireite, on 30 July 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

No I'm drinking cheap vino Bianco from a five ( yes five ) litre demijohn. 7 euros!!!!. Get in. This is CFC 's lake garda correspondent signing off . Arriverderci! By the way reading this forum from afar just emphasises what a load of boll ocks gets spouted.....

Well as you're on holiday I can't blame you for going mad and doubling what you usually shell out....ciao!

#29 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:28 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 30 July 2015 - 08:22 PM, said:

If you had backed out for financial or family reasons then fair play, but backing out because you don't have faith.....really !!!

Don't really have a reason if im honest, just got munk on weve let the best opportunity in years to make a pop at the Championship slip by us. That and certain figures at the club treating fans with contempt peddling crap they do. I'll still be there as and when I can but won't be making nowhere near as much effort to get from Leeds/Manchester as I have been doing. Don't want to be watching us play the likes of Accy, Dagenham etc which I fear we may well end up doing come May due to decisions made at the top.

#30 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:31 PM

View PostMersey Paradise, on 30 July 2015 - 08:28 PM, said:

Don't really have a reason if im honest, just got munk on weve let the best opportunity in years to make a pop at the Championship slip by us. That and certain figures at the club treating fans with contempt peddling crap they do. I'll still be there as and when I can but won't be making nowhere near as much effort to get from Leeds/Manchester as I have been doing. Don't want to be watching us play the likes of Accy, Dagenham etc which I fear we may well end up doing come May due to decisions made at the top.

Each to their own but I will write the season off after I see who we sign and how we perform....hopefully we will all be pleasantly suprised!

#31 User is offline   ESKDALE 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:33 PM

Just be glad we are not run like Blackpool; at least we might have a chance of staying up, which realistically, most of us would have (or should) have taken at the start of last season. But for goodness sake, don't get on DS's back straightaway- we have a tough start to the season as it is, without calling for Ds to be sacked if we haven't got 6 points after 2 games and scored a total of 10 goals in those games

#32 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:34 PM

View PostMiddle East, on 30 July 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

Each to their own but I will write the season off after I see who we sign and how we perform....hopefully we will all be pleasantly suprised!

Fingers crossed mate, going to be a massive 8 days or so that's for sure. Hoping im severely wrong but was shot down in March when posting about Cook et al potentially leaving and the finances being worse than most thought so don't expect many on here to agree with my sentiments again! Maybe im wrong this time around!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users