• You cannot reply to this topic

Kevin Davies

#41 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostGoku, on 30 July 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

Good to see the laughing faces make a return. I doubt he's got long left, he'll abandon thread any time now as he always does when he's been made to look stupid.

No, it's not me being made to look stupid here. As for abandoning threads, there is no point arguing with you as you never admit when you are wrong, which, to be fair, is not every post as I distinctly remember you making a value point a couple of weeks back. :lol: :lol: :lol:

#42 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:06 AM

Goku said:

1438246757[/url]' post='1133283']
Good to see the laughing faces make a return. I doubt he's got long left, he'll abandon thread any time now as he always does when he's been made to look stupid.

He doesn't realise he has been made to look stupid - he thinks adding positive spin to the club, regardless of the situation, makes everyone else look stupid. His "defending" of everything and anything to do with CFC is now getting so ridiculous it's bordering on H again territory.
A new hope.

#43 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:10 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 30 July 2015 - 08:23 AM, said:

You would imagine the clubs at the level he played at would have a top notch treatment facility, so that long long list does not look good.

It's all well and good saying he is better than Roberts, but if you only get 10 games a season and not 35 it's pointless.

Still, mindless positivity will make his injury problems all go away

Unless it's a pay as you play deal - leave well alone, give the squad members game time. One deal going tits up could do so much damage to the budget and the credibility of DS.
God I hate this league.

#44 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:11 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 30 July 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

He doesn't realise he has been made to look stupid - he thinks adding positive spin to the club, regardless of the situation, makes everyone else look stupid. His "defending" of everything and anything to do with CFC is now getting so ridiculous it's bordering on H again territory.

I think he is the clubs 'superb media department'

#45 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:13 AM

View PostBeelzebub, on 30 July 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

No, just open minded and unlike you, prepared to give any possible new signings a chance. I don't know why you are determined to deride any player we sign or are linked with, you are either doing it out of a perverse sense of humour or have outrageously high expectations of the players we are able to sign. Very odd chap.

He suffers from very bad injury problems, that's a fact - your uninformed opinion isn't required on this issue because you are doing nothing but guessing, you've got your knife out and you're stabbing in pitch black, you haven't a clue. Let me reiterate - I know for a fact that he suffers from injury issues - whether it's poor preparation, incorrect physio advice, he's working too hard, something structurally is his body isn't how it should be... I don't know, but it's well known by anyone who knows a thing or two about football (which rules you out instantly, no matter how many Chesterfield under 6 friendlies you watch). I haven't said he'd be a bad signing, though I doubt he'd be on a cheap wage and unless he's put these injury problems completely behind him then I can't imagine him playing much more than the 16.5 games a season he's averaged throughout his career so far, although I'd obviously back him as soon as he signed.

#46 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:16 AM

Dave In Footie Heaven said:

1438247430[/url]' post='1133295']
Unless it's a pay as you play deal - leave well alone, give the squad members game time. One deal going tits up could do so much damage to the budget and the credibility of DS.

I'm inclined to agree with you. Imagine if we blow a chunk on him and SEB and both are not over the injury problems?
A new hope.

#47 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:17 AM

View PostGoku, on 30 July 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:

He suffers from very bad injury problems, that's a fact - your uninformed opinion isn't required on this issue because you are doing nothing but guessing, you've got your knife out and you're stabbing in pitch black, you haven't a clue. Let me reiterate - I know for a fact that he suffers from injury issues - whether it's poor preparation, incorrect physio advice, he's working too hard, something structurally is his body isn't how it should be... I don't know, but it's well known by anyone who knows a thing or two about football (which rules you out instantly, no matter how many Chesterfield under 6 friendlies you watch). I haven't said he'd be a bad signing, though I doubt he'd be on a cheap wage and unless he's put these injury problems completely behind him then I can't imagine him playing much more than the 16.5 games a season he's averaged throughout his career so far, although I'd obviously back him as soon as he signed.

It's more about backing DS. Don't you think all these things will have occurred to him and been checked, whoever he signs?.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#48 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:19 AM

Whereas slagging anything and everything concerned with the club off for no reason whatsoever makes you look 'big and clever'. You'll find that there are a lot more people who agree with me than you. Unfortunately most sensible people take one look at the relentless negativity from a dozen or so posters on here and give it a wide berth so it has become totally unrepresentative of the views of our fan base. Representing our sensible supporters' views does not go down with the miserabilists dozen on here - tough :D

#49 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:25 AM

View Postdim view, on 30 July 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

It's more about backing DS. Don't you think all these things will have occurred to him and been checked, whoever he signs?.

I'd hope so, but regardless of that, as death says, SEB (injury prone) + Thomas (injury prone) = a potential chunk of wages going nowhere. Still, I doubt we'll sign him anyway.

View PostBeelzebub, on 30 July 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

Whereas slagging anything and everything concerned with the club off for no reason whatsoever makes you look 'big and clever'. You'll find that there are a lot more people who agree with me than you. Unfortunately most sensible people take one look at the relentless negativity from a dozen or so posters on here and give it a wide berth so it has become totally unrepresentative of the views of our fan base. Representing our sensible supporters' views does not go down with the miserabilists dozen on here - tough :D

You should listen to me more often sunbeam, people on here were clamouring for us to sign O'Toole and Parkin at the start of last season, I said they were both gash and one ended up at Northampton contributing nothing to their season and the other ended up in the Conference. Tell me, have you fell in love with every woman you've ever kissed?

#50 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:28 AM

View PostBeelzebub, on 30 July 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

There's too much ego bashing goes on here and this thread highlights that - stand back guys because NO-ONE on here knows anything personal about a players fitness unless you know them or someone connected proffessionally with them. It's basically tittle tattle being used to justify a personal opinion.
God I hate this league.

#51 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:30 AM

View PostDave In Footie Heaven, on 30 July 2015 - 09:28 AM, said:

There's too much ego bashing goes on here and this thread highlights that - stand back guys because NO-ONE on here knows anything personal about a players fitness unless you know them or someone connected proffessionally with them. It's basically tittle tattle being used to justify a personal opinion.

Why would I have a personal opinion of Jerome Thomas? It's obvious he's talented as he's hung around the Prem & Championship for most of his career, but it's equally obvious that he's very injury prone, hence his lack of appearances and, erm, his well-documented injury history which you can find via a simple Google search. It's a forum for discussion Dave, get over it.

#52 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostBlueRover52, on 30 July 2015 - 08:58 AM, said:

:rolleyes: I also remember the Posh "snapping up" 2 young non league players,George Boyd and Mackail-Smith.Had to pay 6 figure sums for the though. :blush:

Both played for England C. Like Sam Clucas. It's a thought. Though Boro would have been better of course selling them before their contracts were run down. They would have got more than their money back.

#53 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:06 AM

View PostGoku, on 30 July 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:

You should listen to me more often sunbeam, people on here were clamouring for us to sign O'Toole and Parkin at the start of last season, I said they were both gash and one ended up at Northampton contributing nothing to their season and the other ended up in the Conference.

Square pegs and round holes. Both good players and may or may not have been a good fit here. There are no guarantees when you sign a player. Great players for one club are poor at another if they do not fit in, look at Ernie, great everywhere throughout his career but dismal at Posh. It happens.

As for the players you mention, O'Toole has been an effective player in the past and may well be again this season, he wasn't a success last year and is supposed to have an ego the size of a small planet but he may do very well again. Parkin was a major success at FGR, a club whose wage bill won't be much less than ours as they are being heavily bankrolled to get into the league in the same way that Fleetwood were. Parkin got them into the play offs.

#54 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:09 AM

View Postdim view, on 30 July 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

Totally agree. I liked what he said about only signing players with good attitudes, prepared to work hard, too. Bodes well, as does the fact that he is taking his time over things and not rushing in and signing anybody simply to assuage the concerns of the impatient.

#55 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:09 AM

So O'Toole did nowt and Parkin did well in a league two levels below ours where some clubs are part time. Cool, so I was right. Nice one, cheers buddy.

#56 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostGoku, on 30 July 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

Why would I have a personal opinion of Jerome Thomas? It's obvious he's talented as he's hung around the Prem & Championship for most of his career, but it's equally obvious that he's very injury prone, hence his lack of appearances and, erm, his well-documented injury history which you can find via a simple Google search. It's a forum for discussion Dave, get over it.

Not worrying me in the slightest, I'm just sat here smiling at you lot.
God I hate this league.

#57 User is offline   Elmer Fudd's Thick Lip 

• The Ayatollah
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Big fan of Terry Thomas and Fu Manchu.

Partial to the odd beerd!!

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

Just looked on Thomas's Wiki page, was surprised to learn that Charlton paid a fee of £1 to take him to the Valley.

A talented player, no doubt about it, but just a risk for far for me when combined with SEB and his injury problems. We don't wanna go spunking the budget on 'possible come goods'.

That said if he comes I'll back him and Deano, and hope for the best.
Mug?? Being wrong never gets boring!

#58 User is offline   mattthespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC. MUFC. My dog Raymond who is a Shar-Pei.

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

View PostGoku, on 30 July 2015 - 09:25 AM, said:

I'd hope so, but regardless of that, as death says, SEB (injury prone) + Thomas (injury prone) = a potential chunk of wages going nowhere. Still, I doubt we'll sign him anyway.

You should listen to me more often sunbeam, people on here were clamouring for us to sign O'Toole and Parkin at the start of last season, I said they were both gash and one ended up at Northampton contributing nothing to their season and the other ended up in the Conference. Tell me, have you fell in love with every woman you've ever kissed?

He probably bats for the other team....

This post has been edited by mattthespireite: 30 July 2015 - 03:42 PM

#59 User is offline   h again 

• Legend

Posted 30 July 2015 - 10:32 PM

I just love the way I obviously prey on your mind. Do you seriously think I'd ever take a sideways swipe at YOU in a totally unrelated post? You simply aren't that important and don't offer anything of any significance to make you worth the trouble.
Stick with your little bunch of cronies and leave the people who talk sense to get on with it.

#60 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 31 July 2015 - 12:35 PM

h again said:

1438295557[/url]' post='1133714']

I just love the way I obviously prey on your mind. Do you seriously think I'd ever take a sideways swipe at YOU in a totally unrelated post? You simply aren't that important and don't offer anything of any significance to make you worth the trouble.
Stick with your little bunch of cronies and leave the people who talk sense to get on with it.

Happy birthday xxx
A new hope.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users