Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Likeston Fc Vspireites - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Likeston Fc Vspireites

#41 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

View PostBonnyman, on 29 July 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

Well one things absolutely certain only league form will dictate how armband is in his game,did he deserve a contract , i dont think so but thats water under the bridge, was his overhead kick impressive..absolutely brilliant technique.I am never going to be optimistic about him untill i see this improvement in real games but i will say one thing and i agree to a point with azul that his best work is when he occupies the space gary roberts played in he all of a sudden seems to have a presence and players back off instead of him wandering around aimlessly not knowing what he is doing, he usnt an out and out striker and should never lead the line or be used as a hold up player he should not even be used for flick ons, but when he recieves the ball in that area it makes the opposition make a decision ..does the fullback tuck in or does the centre half move out of position either way creates space down the flanks or in the middle.

Excellent critique of Nnando- I know you've never been a fan but a decent reasoned comment unlike the needless abuse from a few others.
I hope he does well - I think he will score more than Ebanks-Blake this year (I hope so as I have no time at all for him)!

#42 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 29 July 2015 - 10:13 AM, said:

[/b]very childish :rolleyes:

You must be new here

#43 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:23 AM

View Postcalvin plummers socks, on 29 July 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

Excellent critique of Nnando- I know you've never been a fan but a decent reasoned comment unlike the needless abuse from a few others.
I hope he does well - I think he will score more than Ebanks-Blake this year (I hope so as I have no time at all for him)!

Why don't you have any time for him?

#44 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

View Postbrianclose, on 29 July 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

Its fair to say Burnley had a few injuries (I think only 14 fit first team players Dyche said) and they were on their knees second half. Less than half who started for them will be in their opening league starting 11 I would imagine.

I read that their strike force was depleted but it was still a very good second half performance against a strong team.

#45 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:29 AM

Interesting to see that Jake Orrell was the only sub not used last light.

I suspect Saunders realised that if he'd have been put on the opposition would have kicked the ###### out of him.

#46 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:36 AM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 29 July 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

Ilkeston caused more threats than Matlock and were more physical. Evatt had several confrontations with their captain and No 6, Nandy got involved after being fouled and had to be ushered away. Several physical push/elbow in the back, Evatt got clattered in the first minute. My main concern that the link up around the box was missing. EB did look frustrated, balls to deep, too short and often no where near him. Lots of occasions when we had players in and around the box, the final pass didn't find a man. We are definitely missing the the through ball to EB The game was a good work out but not something to jump about at.

How did the young players (who did so well against Burnley second half) perform? What about Banks and Gardner? Did we play well down the wings?

#47 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:36 AM

View PostBonnyman, on 29 July 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

Well one things absolutely certain only league form will dictate how armband is in his game,did he deserve a contract , i dont think so but thats water under the bridge, was his overhead kick impressive..absolutely brilliant technique.I am never going to be optimistic about him untill i see this improvement in real games but i will say one thing and i agree to a point with azul that his best work is when he occupies the space gary roberts played in he all of a sudden seems to have a presence and players back off instead of him wandering around aimlessly not knowing what he is doing, he usnt an out and out striker and should never lead the line or be used as a hold up player he should not even be used for flick ons, but when he recieves the ball in that area it makes the opposition make a decision ..does the fullback tuck in or does the centre half move out of position either way creates space down the flanks or in the middle.

I know friendlies are misleading but I thought the way he skinned the fullback a couple of times and his general control and distribution was more impressive than his overhead kick.

It baffled me why Cook insisted on trying to make him an old fashioned target man when he had already said he shouldn't be doing that. His heading for a big bloke isn't great but not half as bad as it's made out to be. If he times his runs well and gets good crosses from Gboly he'll score his fair share
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#48 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:41 AM

View Postspireitenag, on 29 July 2015 - 10:29 AM, said:

Interesting to see that Jake Orrell was the only sub not used last light.

I suspect Saunders realised that if he'd have been put on the opposition would have kicked the ###### out of him.

He finished very well for his goal against Burnley. He is so small for a central striker though, I don't know if that's his normal position or if he is a winger. With his build he has to be very talented to have a future at this level, or am I being harsh?

#49 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:55 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 29 July 2015 - 10:41 AM, said:

He finished very well for his goal against Burnley. He is so small for a central striker though, I don't know if that's his normal position or if he is a winger. With his build he has to be very talented to have a future at this level, or am I being harsh?

I've not seen him, is he similar in build to Jamie Ward? Strength and size aren't always linked as Jamie showed.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#50 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostPhil V 72, on 29 July 2015 - 10:55 AM, said:

I've not seen him, is he similar in build to Jamie Ward? Strength and size aren't always linked as Jamie showed.

Similar height but maybe not as strong or quick (would need to see him again), though he's only 18 so early days.

#51 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

View PostSpire-Power, on 29 July 2015 - 10:36 AM, said:

How did the young players (who did so well against Burnley second half) perform? What about Banks and Gardner? Did we play well down the wings?

We played down the wings most of the time but the final ball let things down. Plenty of energy and some reasonable interplay but never came to anything. Banks....mm...did nothing for me...I would like to see him go forward with the ball, just seems to look for the sideways pass or sweeping long ball. Gardener did ok for me laid the neat cross on for Nando, cut in down the line. Everyone did ok, Rai Simmons took his goal well, slotted an angled low ball past the keeper, got more confident as the half went on. He just needs game time. Raglan looked confident and was reasonably solid.
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#52 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:21 AM

View Postdtp, on 29 July 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

Well he has been paired with nearly every forward we have but normally Clucas until he was sold.

Even against Burnley Armand came on not long before SEB went off - SEB started with Orrel as his partner.

The only game he has started with Armand as his partner was last night versus Ilkeston when Armand won a penalty and scored a goal.

So, if your little clever snide comment was intended at yet another dig at Armand maybe it is you that should try to "comprehend who's up front with him".

It is alright being smug and derisiory but you aren't quite as clever as you think you are.

Pretty obvious S&D hasn't been to any of the games and yes he still can't resist coming out with crap

#53 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:22 AM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 29 July 2015 - 11:11 AM, said:

We played down the wings most of the time but the final ball let things down. Plenty of energy and some reasonable interplay but never came to anything. Banks....mm...did nothing for me...I would like to see him go forward with the ball, just seems to look for the sideways pass or sweeping long ball. Gardener did ok for me laid the neat cross on for Nando, cut in down the line. Everyone did ok, Rai Simmons took his goal well, slotted an angled low ball past the keeper, got more confident as the half went on. He just needs game time. Raglan looked confident and was reasonably solid.

It looks so far like Banks isn't suited to CM. He'd be better if used further forward as a sub option. I'd like to think with the right signings we could afford to also use O'Shea and Gardner as sub options.
What about Onovwigun in midfield last night?

This post has been edited by Spire-Power: 29 July 2015 - 11:23 AM

#54 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:34 AM

Alex Cairns looks a lot better option for second choice keeper than Aaron Chapman.

Far more composed and much better distribution.

This post has been edited by spireitenag: 29 July 2015 - 11:34 AM

#55 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:36 AM

View Postazul, on 29 July 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

Pretty obvious S&D hasn't been to any of the games and yes he still can't resist coming out with crap

they're friendlies against non-league teams and one champ team

#56 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:09 PM

View Postazul, on 28 July 2015 - 08:38 PM, said:

Armand can score all types of goals, headers, outside the box, inside the box, box office goals, the lad is pure box office

Now that GR has buggered off to his mate on the south coast he's no longer confused where to stand or run

Now he's playing with a free roll. all he needs to add to his game is a strikers instinct, hopefully Saunders can help with this

Viva Armand, Viva CFC

Ah, I see, it was Roberts fault, he was confusing Armand. It's clear now.
JRID

#57 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:26 PM

View PostGoku, on 29 July 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

they're friendlies against non-league teams and one champ team

Thanks for the info

#58 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

View Postazul, on 29 July 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

Thanks for the info

no worries, you and his fan club seem to be struggling with this concept so thought i'd remind you. no need to thank me

#59 User is offline   Sabreman 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:34 PM

View Postdtp, on 29 July 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

I understand what you are saying but it wasn't Burnley's second team.

But, then again Goku, if this player we are talking about was named as an unknown triallist there would be queues on these boards , possibly including S&D, saying get him signed.

Other squad members have also had the same chances to shine in these friendlies - some have but some haven't- however you can include Armand in the former.

He isn't a trialist,he has been here two years in which he has been dire, this season under Saunders is a new beginning, a clean slate. As Bonny says it's his league form that will make him or not this season, let's not get carried away just yet and proclaim him proving all his doubters wrong. He has a very long way to go to do that, saying that thus far under Saunders he cannot be faulted.
" He who laughs when things go wrong.....has just thought of someone else to blame it on "

#60 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:42 PM

View PostSabreman, on 29 July 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

He isn't a trialist,he has been here two years in which he has been dire, this season under Saunders is a new beginning, a clean slate. As Bonny says it's his league form that will make him or not this season, let's not get carried away just yet and proclaim him proving all his doubters wrong. He has a very long way to go to do that, saying that thus far under Saunders he cannot be faulted.

Don't agree with your opening line but they are indeed friendlies. If his form had been poor he'd be slaughtered, but as it has been good why shouldn't it be praised?

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users