Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Likeston Fc Vspireites - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Likeston Fc Vspireites

#21 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 29 July 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 29 July 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

Ahh, it's painful, understand it guys, he has no footballing brain whatsoever.
It's cringeworthy to watch.

I've no insight at all having seen no live football at all since Deepdale but what if he's found it?

#22 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:26 AM

My concern is that Armand showed similar improvement when Boco was at the club but faded once Boco left, so is this pre-season enthusiasm that will fade or can Saunders motivate and coach Armand into being a footballer who learns to read the game

#23 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:31 AM

View PostBrookie, on 29 July 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

My concern is that Armand showed similar improvement when Boco was at the club but faded once Boco left, so is this pre-season enthusiasm that will fade or can Saunders motivate and coach Armand into being a footballer who learns to read the game

No, not a chance.
JRID

#24 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:06 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 29 July 2015 - 06:51 AM, said:

he has no footballing brain whatsoever.

Oh, the irony :lol:

If you've seen the pre season games (which I somehow doubt) you cannot fail to have noticed that Armand has been one of our better, most effective players. He has been nigh on unplayable at times but certain supporters have already made up their minds and won't change their minds no matter what the evidence in front of their eyes says. Very arrogant attitude. Why not have the balls to admit you're wrong S&D?

#25 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:07 AM

You said it "unplayable "

Exactly my choice of words

What do you reckon this year from our unplayable striker
20?
15?
12?
Under 10?

This post has been edited by Search and Destroy: 29 July 2015 - 08:09 AM

JRID

#26 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:08 AM

View Postdim view, on 29 July 2015 - 06:11 AM, said:

No, but he has a new mate, SEB. So Armand now has a new task in hand - to learn to release the ball quickly. If he does, SEB will not be offside. If he doesn't, he will be and he will soon get frustrated. It's all split second stuff.

I have a feeling that Ebanks Blake is getting a bit fed up and losing interest - he's only touched the ball 10 times in 4 matches. I don't think I've ever seen a forward so seemingly detached from the game

#27 User is offline   Search & Destroy 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:10 AM

View PostElton John 1866, on 29 July 2015 - 08:08 AM, said:

I have a feeling that Ebanks Blake is getting a bit fed up and losing interest - he's only touched the ball 10 times in 4 matches. I don't think I've ever seen a forward so seemingly detached from the game

He probably can't comprehend who's up front with him.
JRID

#28 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:37 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 29 July 2015 - 07:31 AM, said:

No, not a chance.

Good to see you have faith in our Eufa Pro Licenced, ex international striker manager.

#29 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:54 AM

View PostElton John 1866, on 29 July 2015 - 08:08 AM, said:

He'll come to life when the real stuff starts.

#30 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:08 AM

Ilkeston caused more threats than Matlock and were more physical. Evatt had several confrontations with their captain and No 6, Nandy got involved after being fouled and had to be ushered away. Several physical push/elbow in the back, Evatt got clattered in the first minute. My main concern that the link up around the box was missing. EB did look frustrated, balls to deep, too short and often no where near him. Lots of occasions when we had players in and around the box, the final pass didn't find a man. We are definitely missing the the through ball to EB The game was a good work out but not something to jump about at.
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#31 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:39 AM

View PostBeelzebub, on 29 July 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

Oh, the irony :lol:

If you've seen the pre season games (which I somehow doubt) you cannot fail to have noticed that Armand has been one of our better, most effective players. He has been nigh on unplayable at times but certain supporters have already made up their minds and won't change their minds no matter what the evidence in front of their eyes says. Very arrogant attitude. Why not have the balls to admit you're wrong S&D?

Yep, he's completely wrong, Armand has hung out the back of Matlock, Buxton, Ilkeston and Burnley's second team, he's essentially a contendor for the Ballon D'or

#32 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:42 AM

View Postlongeatonspireite, on 29 July 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

Ilkeston caused more threats than Matlock and were more physical. Evatt had several confrontations with their captain and No 6, Nandy got involved after being fouled and had to be ushered away. Several physical push/elbow in the back, Evatt got clattered in the first minute. My main concern that the link up around the box was missing. EB did look frustrated, balls to deep, too short and often no where near him. Lots of occasions when we had players in and around the box, the final pass didn't find a man. We are definitely missing the the through ball to EB The game was a good work out but not something to jump about at.

Well one things absolutely certain only league form will dictate how armband is in his game,did he deserve a contract , i dont think so but thats water under the bridge, was his overhead kick impressive..absolutely brilliant technique.I am never going to be optimistic about him untill i see this improvement in real games but i will say one thing and i agree to a point with azul that his best work is when he occupies the space gary roberts played in he all of a sudden seems to have a presence and players back off instead of him wandering around aimlessly not knowing what he is doing, he usnt an out and out striker and should never lead the line or be used as a hold up player he should not even be used for flick ons, but when he recieves the ball in that area it makes the opposition make a decision ..does the fullback tuck in or does the centre half move out of position either way creates space down the flanks or in the middle.

This post has been edited by Bonnyman: 29 July 2015 - 09:48 AM

ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#33 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

View PostGoku, on 29 July 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

Yep, he's completely wrong, Armand has hung out the back of Matlock, Buxton, Ilkeston and Burnley's second team, he's essentially a contendor for the Ballon D'or

Which burnley second team was that, as you would have seen if you'd bothered going, it was their first team he gave the runaround to

#34 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:51 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 29 July 2015 - 08:10 AM, said:

He probably can't comprehend who's up front with him.

Well he has been paired with nearly every forward we have but normally Clucas until he was sold.

Even against Burnley Armand came on not long before SEB went off - SEB started with Orrel as his partner.

The only game he has started with Armand as his partner was last night versus Ilkeston when Armand won a penalty and scored a goal.

So, if your little clever snide comment was intended at yet another dig at Armand maybe it is you that should try to "comprehend who's up front with him".

It is alright being smug and derisiory but you aren't quite as clever as you think you are.

#35 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:53 AM

View PostSearch and Destroy, on 29 July 2015 - 08:07 AM, said:

You said it "unplayable "

Exactly my choice of words

What do you reckon this year from our unplayable striker
20?
15?
12?
Under 10?

Depends whether he is our second or third striker

About 1 in 3 if he gets significant game time. As long as SEB gets his share that will be fine

For example if he gets 45 starts, he'll get at least 15. If he gets 30 starts, he'll get at least 10

When defending Doyle this time last season I under estimated his tally, let's hope I have done the same this time
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#36 User is offline   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:59 AM

View PostGoku, on 29 July 2015 - 09:39 AM, said:

I understand what you are saying but it wasn't Burnley's second team.

But, then again Goku, if this player we are talking about was named as an unknown triallist there would be queues on these boards , possibly including S&D, saying get him signed.

Other squad members have also had the same chances to shine in these friendlies - some have but some haven't- however you can include Armand in the former.

#37 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:02 AM

View PostBeelzebub, on 29 July 2015 - 09:47 AM, said:

Which burnley second team was that, as you would have seen if you'd bothered going, it was their first team he gave the runaround to

was going off what someone told me, i was spending time with family & friends on Saturday instead so you can stick your "bothered" up your backside you sanctimonious gimp

#38 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:11 AM

Its fair to say Burnley had a few injuries (I think only 14 fit first team players Dyche said) and they were on their knees second half. Less than half who started for them will be in their opening league starting 11 I would imagine.

This post has been edited by brianclose: 29 July 2015 - 10:16 AM

#39 User is offline   longeatonspireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Photography, cooking, holidays

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostGoku, on 29 July 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

was going off what someone told me, i was spending time with family & friends on Saturday instead so you can stick your "bothered" up your backside you sanctimonious gimp

very childish :rolleyes:
FASTER....FITTER....STRONGER

#40 User is offline   Goku 

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

View Postdtp, on 29 July 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

I understand what you are saying but it wasn't Burnley's second team.

But, then again Goku, if this player we are talking about was named as an unknown triallist there would be queues on these boards , possibly including S&D, saying get him signed.

Other squad members have also had the same chances to shine in these friendlies - some have but some haven't- however you can include Armand in the former.

Very fair point, agreed, I'm just reserving further judgement on the chap until he actually does it against someone of note, not in glorified training exercises.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users