Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Any Idea Of Crowd Yesterday? - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any Idea Of Crowd Yesterday?

#1 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:33 PM

Looked poor on the few pics I saw! Saw the thread other day about admission prices! Wud of cost me £18 for me and my lad to get in last night! Glad I didnt go! I am going Saturday because my 11 year old has ground me down and wants to go and see town play!!! Kids his age are the future!The club seems to want to make money out of pre season games! These games are practice games with trialists and the manager making tactical changes throughout 90 mins. Why not charge adults a nominal cost to cover expenses with kids free? What an opportunity to get chesterfield people in to look at the fantastic facilities we have make money from programmes beer and food and who knows they might come and pay full price for the Barnsley game! £12 for an adult to watch a pre season practice game is too much! Then we get Teflon preparing us for players going to leave! Rant over ive worked out Teflon is untouchable!! Come on Dave Allen you know the more people paying to watch town will pay the debt to you then u can decide if you want to carry on with CFC.
#notapennymore

#2 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:38 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 22 July 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

Looked poor on the few pics I saw! Saw the thread other day about admission prices! Wud of cost me £18 for me and my lad to get in last night! Glad I didnt go! I am going Saturday because my 11 year old has ground me down and wants to go and see town play!!! Kids his age are the future!The club seems to want to make money out of pre season games! These games are practice games with trialists and the manager making tactical changes throughout 90 mins. Why not charge adults a nominal cost to cover expenses with kids free? What an opportunity to get chesterfield people in to look at the fantastic facilities we have make money from programmes beer and food and who knows they might come and pay full price for the Barnsley game! £12 for an adult to watch a pre season practice game is too much! Then we get Teflon preparing us for players going to leave! Rant over ive worked out Teflon is untouchable!! Come on Dave Allen you know the more people paying to watch town will pay the debt to you then u can decide if you want to carry on with CFC.

I'd say 1500
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#3 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:05 PM

Cud and shud of been more!!
#notapennymore

#4 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:11 PM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 22 July 2015 - 11:05 PM, said:

Cud and shud of been more!!

It was more. Haven't seen any figures, but you only had to look round to see that more than a sixth of the ground was populated. The 50/50 prize amount (over £200) points to a higher attendance as well.

#5 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:47 PM

View Postsophocles, on 22 July 2015 - 11:11 PM, said:

It was more. Haven't seen any figures, but you only had to look round to see that more than a sixth of the ground was populated. The 50/50 prize amount (over £200) points to a higher attendance as well.

I was in the west stand so it was hard to tell how many was in there. The East Stand was practically empty as the South not much better

#6 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:54 PM

View Postazul, on 22 July 2015 - 11:47 PM, said:

I was in the west stand so it was hard to tell how many was in there. The East Stand was practically empty as the South not much better

Just seen 2500 quoted on another thread, which seems about right to me.

#7 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:06 AM

View Postsophocles, on 22 July 2015 - 11:54 PM, said:

Just seen 2500 quoted on another thread, which seems about right to me.

Who quoted that figure "Elton John 1866"

#8 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:19 AM

View Postazul, on 23 July 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

Think it was Valemadness, usually reliable.

#9 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:20 AM

View Postazul, on 23 July 2015 - 12:06 AM, said:

Probably Turner trying to put some spin on it like! Just tried to make the point preseason friendlys should be about attracting town folk who don't come to matches to start coming and for those that do do turn up week in week out thanks for your continued support this coming season!
#notapennymore

#10 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:59 AM

About half of what we will be getting at the end of the new season
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#11 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:52 AM

View Postsophocles, on 23 July 2015 - 12:19 AM, said:

Think it was Valemadness, usually reliable.

Doesn't seem to be an official figure but Spireites Police gave me the figure of around 2500. There were around 2-300 Hull fans

#12 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:43 AM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 23 July 2015 - 12:20 AM, said:

Probably Turner trying to put some spin on it like! Just tried to make the point preseason friendlys should be about attracting town folk who don't come to matches to start coming and for those that do do turn up week in week out thanks for your continued support this coming season!

Friendlies are about preparing the team for the new season, not for giving freebies to tightwads. There are fixed costs in opening the ground which have to be met from ticket prices, reducing them would not substantially increase the attendance but would mean the game made a loss. Totally unreasonable for 'supporters' to be wanting to not pay their way, no doubt the same supporters who are complaining that we haven't signed Messi.

#13 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:46 AM

fishini said:

1437627565[/url]' post='1131055']
About half of what we will be getting at the end of the new season

That many at end of season lol

#14 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostBeelzebub, on 23 July 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

Friendlies are about preparing the team for the new season, not for giving freebies to tightwads. There are fixed costs in opening the ground which have to be met from ticket prices, reducing them would not substantially increase the attendance but would mean the game made a loss. Totally unreasonable for 'supporters' to be wanting to not pay their way, no doubt the same supporters who are complaining that we haven't signed Messi.

Towns PR dept up early today i see
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#15 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:08 AM

Should have doubled the price in that case.

#16 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:12 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 23 July 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

Should have doubled the price in that case.

No point in playing home PSFs if they don't make money, play away and get a fee from the home club, same as we will be paying Hull and Burnley. We need to fund a competitive league one team and maximise income. People are very quick to criticise the clubs finances and equally as quick to criticise when they charge for the product. Any logic in that?

#17 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:17 AM

View PostBeelzebub, on 23 July 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

No point in playing home PSFs if they don't make money, play away and get a fee from the home club, same as we will be paying Hull and Burnley. We need to fund a competitive league one team and maximise income. People are very quick to criticise the clubs finances and equally as quick to criticise when they charge for the product. Any logic in that?

problem with that is not many clubs would pay a fee to watch Chesterfield. Hartlepool is a favour for Humphreys I would guess.
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#18 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:50 PM

#notapennymore

#19 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:09 PM

If you had actually read my original post you would have seen I suggested a nominal cost to cover expenses! Still they are charging too much for a pre season practice match!
#notapennymore

#20 User is offline   trickytrevsfanclub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:55 PM

Forever a Spireite said:

1437674946[/url]' post='1131215']
If you had actually read my original post you would have seen I suggested a nominal cost to cover expenses! Still they are charging too much for a pre season practice match!

And you call me Norbert Posted Image

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users