• You cannot reply to this topic

Tendayi Transfer Request

#41 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:53 PM

View PostNitrous Oxide, on 21 July 2015 - 10:50 PM, said:

Said to my lad during the first half that Tendayi seemed to be playing like he wanted to impress someone, how little did I know.

He was certainly was impressive first half. Went completely off the boil when Bruce turned up
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#42 User is offline   Blue95 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:30 AM

View Postazul, on 21 July 2015 - 10:53 PM, said:

He was certainly was impressive first half. Went completely off the boil when Bruce turned up

Fair play to the lad, he's worked his way up and he wants us to get a decent fee for him. IMO 600k plus is decent for a LG1 RB in the last year of his contract.
Who put the ball in the Mansfield net? Super Jackie Lesterrrr

#43 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:49 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 21 July 2015 - 09:44 PM, said:

Tendayi is at least a £1 million player, if we get less then someone needs their head looking at. Even more so after Liverpool were considering a lot more before Darikwa had his naughty moment

£1 million?
You been smoking something?

#44 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:08 AM

I doubt we'll get much more than £400k when he inevitably goes the week before we play Barnsley.

#45 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:38 AM

Don't be disappointed when the initial fee for Tendayi is 300k + add ons guys. Realistically with his contract situation and the fact he now after 3 weeks working with the new regime e doesn't seem to think it will work for him we wont be able to command much more.

Any alarm bells ringing yet?

#46 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:43 AM

View PostMersey Paradise, on 22 July 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

Don't be disappointed when the initial fee for Tendayi is 300k + add ons guys. Realistically with his contract situation and the fact he now after 3 weeks working with the new regime e doesn't seem to think it will work for him we wont be able to command much more.

They have been ringing for three months now. The biblical phrase, for those whose user name reference biblical times; so, it came to pass comes to mind.

#47 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 22 July 2015 - 06:43 AM

View PostMersey Paradise, on 22 July 2015 - 06:38 AM, said:

Alarm bells ringing yet? What after 3 players signed extensions for less money than they were offered to move to other clubs? And then Tommy signing a 2 year extension. Tendayi will know both Leeds and Preston are interested, he will know we've turned down 1 or 2 bids for him. It's only the same as Doyle when he found out a championship club was interested, apart from they offered an acceptable amount, whereas in Tendayi's case they haven't reached our valuation yet so Tendayi is trying to hurry things along.

#48 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:06 AM

It's not the fact he's likely to leave that bothers me. The fact he's handed in a transfer request suggests a recent hardening in his attitude. Why is that?

Worse, I can't see him being replaced with anyone remotely as good with us being told it's 'good business' after the event.

#49 User is online   Search & Destroy 

• Legend
  • Group: Members with edit own post

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:10 AM

Don't worry Westbars, there'll be someone from
Buxton Stavely Alfreton Glapwell who we can get for £50 a week to cover.
JRID

#50 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:11 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 22 July 2015 - 07:06 AM, said:

It's not the fact he's likely to leave that bothers me. The fact he's handed in a transfer request suggests a recent hardening in his attitude. Why is that?

Worse, I can't see him being replaced with anyone remotely as good with us being told it's 'good business' after the event.

I am a bit more philosphical mate, as I never expected to see him in a town shirt after the Preston away game. He was superb last season and if someone is dangling championship football and £6k a week in front of him he'd be mad not to want to go!

I think a fit Drew could adequately cover RB and we could use some of the cash to strengthen elsewhere (central midfield/up front) but that will depend on us getting a healthy fee and on past form.....
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#51 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:48 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 22 July 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

Alarm bells ringing yet? What after 3 players signed extensions for less money than they were offered to move to other clubs? And then Tommy signing a 2 year extension. Tendayi will know both Leeds and Preston are interested, he will know we've turned down 1 or 2 bids for him. It's only the same as Doyle when he found out a championship club was interested, apart from they offered an acceptable amount, whereas in Tendayi's case they haven't reached our valuation yet so Tendayi is trying to hurry things along.

So 4 of our 5 best players last season potentially leaving doesn't concern you? The fact no replacements have been signed for those departed yet doesn't concern you? I know you like to keep in the clubs good books but come on as things stand it looks as though Clucas and Darikwa may will leave and that puts us firmly up shi*tcreek surely that worries people! Or will it take til we are in a mess in November before some start to realise?

I'm not moaning about them leaving I can't criticse them for betting themselves and furthering their career, I can moan about them not being replaced or the fact the club seemingly rolled over to let Ryan leave to B****Y Fleetwood on a deal that wasn't much greather than the one we offered - he wasn't on a great deal initially here anyway!

This post has been edited by Mersey Paradise: 22 July 2015 - 07:49 AM

#52 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:53 AM

View PostMiddle East, on 22 July 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

I am a bit more philosphical mate, as I never expected to see him in a town shirt after the Preston away game. He was superb last season and if someone is dangling championship football and £6k a week in front of him he'd be mad not to want to go!

I think a fit Drew could adequately cover RB and we could use some of the cash to strengthen elsewhere (central midfield/up front) but that will depend on us getting a healthy fee and on past form.....

I'm a bit deflated about the whole prospect of this season if truth be told. Love to be wrong but I fully expect a miserable battle against relegation and unattractive football to boot.

Much like we used to have season after season of course so it won't be that unfamiliar.

Good luck to Tendayi, he's clearly good enough for the higher division.

#53 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:10 AM

Dave deserves a big money move after the season he had
A new hope.

#54 User is online   ash_cfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Tits!

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:24 AM

No big loss, provided Drew stays fully fit all season.
@ash_cfc89 - Against Modern Football

#55 User is offline   Bonnyman 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:35 AM

View Postvalemadness, on 22 July 2015 - 06:43 AM, said:

If the alarm bells are not ringing then its because your head is in the sand, tendayi ryan roberts and doyle have gone..the replacement is ebanks blake..do the maths sweetheart.
ITS NOT THE WINNING,ITS THE TAKING APART

#56 User is offline   Beelzebub 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:36 AM

View Postash_cfc, on 22 July 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

No big loss, provided Drew stays fully fit all season.

He's a good player but perhaps the one we can most afford to lose. If he wants out and we get the right fee it will be a good move for everybody concerned and I'll wish him well.

Interesting times. Wonder when we can expect a statement from the club :lol:

#57 User is offline   Bluekent 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

Come on ash...losing our player of the year is no big loss? Drew is a good player and I like him a lot but still don't think he's near tendayi quality wise. Plus the fact he's injured a lot. I'm not pulling the club or player down here by the way but if you lose quality players then we are gonna be weaker , especially if we don't adequately replace them. We are a selling club (like 90% of other clubs) with debts and the player is good enough to play at a higher level so all this is understandable but my worry is how much of the fees we are getting will the manager see and will the rest actually take the debt down or just paper over the cracks?

#58 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

Well, good luck to him but it does make me (even with my relentless optimism) slightly nervous for the future. If Tendayi is the end of the exodus, then I'd be more comfortable, as I think we can replace a right back more easily than other areas. Add Morsy and Clucas to the departure list then "Houston, we have a problem".

I do wonder if Paul Cook knew all this was coming, and that he didn't fancy the challenge of re-building a squad with less money and massively increased expectations.

It makes the decision to appoint Dean Saunders, who is used to managing under difficult circumstances, make more sense.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#59 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:47 AM

View Postash_cfc, on 22 July 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

No big loss, provided Drew stays fully fit all gets fit this season.

Even with the correction, your statement doesn't make any sense
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#60 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:50 AM

View PostBeelzebub, on 22 July 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

He's a good player but perhaps the one we can most afford to lose. If he wants out and we get the right fee it will be a good move for everybody concerned and I'll wish him well.

Interesting times. Wonder when we can expect a statement from the club :lol:

Oh so we can afford to lose our player of the year can we? Just as no doubt we could afford to lose Roberts cos he was on big wages (and slowed down play too much), and Ryan cos he stalled on a new contract and wasn't committed so **** him. And I suppose we'll be able to afford to lose Clucas cos he's ginger. And Morsy because hes not quite 6ft tall.

Share this topic:

• (26 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users