Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Chesterfield Transfer Rumours Thread - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (123 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Chesterfield Transfer Rumours Thread

#1141 User is offline   mattthespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:CFC. MUFC. My dog Raymond who is a Shar-Pei.

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:18 PM

View PostBeelzebub, on 30 July 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

Who do you think I am, mystic meg? Nobody can predict anything yet as the signings have yet to arrive but I'd be disappointed if we didn't at least match last season

Well you predict a play off push and predict some really good players to come in.......without any evidence to back these prophecies.
FWIW I predict a struggle as I just can't see us replacing the quality that we have lost.

#1142 User is offline   mattthespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:CFC. MUFC. My dog Raymond who is a Shar-Pei.

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:25 PM

View PostNorton Blue, on 30 July 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

Everyone thought Southampton would struggle the other year when they sold half the squad. Turns out they did rather well again. No reason we cant

Lol! Did you see the kind of calibre their new recruits were? We ain't gonna replace our jewels with more jewels.

#1143 User is offline   charleyfarley11 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:58 AM

View Postmattthespireite, on 30 July 2015 - 11:18 PM, said:

Well you predict a play off push and predict some really good players to come in.......without any evidence to back these prophecies.
FWIW I predict a struggle as I just can't see us replacing the quality that we have lost.

Where is the evidence that we won't bring in quality players?

#1144 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:06 AM

View Postcharleyfarley11, on 31 July 2015 - 06:58 AM, said:

Where is the evidence that we won't bring in quality players?

How would that work?

#1145 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:09 AM

I have well documented papers signed by Chris Turner saying "we'll not be signing any quality players, just povrat cast offs"

#1146 User is offline   Brookie 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:My Dad took me to my first game at Saltergate age 5, he never did say what I'd done wrong, been hooked ever since

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:12 AM

I would love to hear how all these "experts" would persuade a group of young players that their future is with a small to medium third division club rather than a second division club with better wages and a better than even possibility of winning promotion to the first. How do you persuade a player that for the same money he should spend longer in a car every day away from his family. How do you tell a 30 something player not to take a 3 year contract with better money working for a man he admires.

Saunders cannot win in this scenario, if he buys early he could end up with an unbalanced side so he decides to wait and risk a squad that takes time to gel, in his position I would take the second long term option.

We are a small club, fact, we need to sell to survive because it is clear we will never fill the ground on a regular basis. The base support we have is solid but we would be better off if more came through the gate. Who can say that the attendance for the first leg against Preston wasn't disappointing because in my opinion it was pathetic.

#1147 User is offline   Waller is my hero 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:31 AM

View PostBrookie, on 31 July 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

I would love to hear how all these "experts" would persuade a group of young players that their future is with a small to medium third division club rather than a second division club with better wages and a better than even possibility of winning promotion to the first. How do you persuade a player that for the same money he should spend longer in a car every day away from his family. How do you tell a 30 something player not to take a 3 year contract with better money working for a man he admires.

Saunders cannot win in this scenario, if he buys early he could end up with an unbalanced side so he decides to wait and risk a squad that takes time to gel, in his position I would take the second long term option.

We are a small club, fact, we need to sell to survive because it is clear we will never fill the ground on a regular basis. The base support we have is solid but we would be better off if more came through the gate. Who can say that the attendance for the first leg against Preston wasn't disappointing because in my opinion it was pathetic.

Totally agree with this...Last season was one of the best seasons that i have experienced in my 30 years watching CFC...yet there were matches last season when the Proact should have been filled to the rafters...Colchester, Preston, Barnsley, Doncaster etc etc....In our first season at the new ground our home attendances were awesome...did we not get 7500 v Stockport (Lesters Hat trick)

#1148 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:50 AM

View PostWaller is my hero, on 31 July 2015 - 07:31 AM, said:

Totally agree with this...Last season was one of the best seasons that i have experienced in my 30 years watching CFC...yet there were matches last season when the Proact should have been filled to the rafters...Colchester, Preston, Barnsley, Doncaster etc etc....In our first season at the new ground our home attendances were awesome...did we not get 7500 v Stockport (Lesters Hat trick)

We averaged hundreds more last season than the first season. Six hundred ish?

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 31 July 2015 - 07:50 AM

#1149 User is offline   Tom Smith 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:14 AM

@pkfsport: New Signings for the #spireites. Names I am hearing are, Wes Thomas, Stephen Hunt and Noel Hunt.
@Gids1980: Hearing #chesterfieldfc are close to signing a player of championship experience, 1 of 3 potential deals in progress at the minute.

#1150 User is offline   Tyrion 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:15 AM

View PostTom Smith, on 31 July 2015 - 10:14 AM, said:

@pkfsport: New Signings for the #spireites. Names I am hearing are, Wes Thomas, Stephen Hunt and Noel Hunt.
@Gids1980: Hearing #chesterfieldfc are close to signing a player of championship experience, 1 of 3 potential deals in progress at the minute.

2 of those names are strikers, surely we dont need any more of those?
Plus Im sure I read somewhere Noel Hunt was off to Southend?

#1151 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

Where's Bbub? Are these the signings we are going to develop and sell on again?

#1152 User is offline   calvin plummers socks 

• Legend

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

Are these the exciting signings?

#1153 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:27 AM

Well Stephen Hunt and Noel Hunt are well past it for starters.

Wes Thomas - shall we say a 'mercurial' player?

#1154 User is offline   spireite87 

• Youth Team Player
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:28 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 31 July 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

Not at all, but from my viewpoint, do you not think we've already got a few players to develop and maybe we should sign more experienced players? I look at the players in their late teens early 20's (Mani, Onivwigun, Beesley, Orrell, Simmons, Gboly, Raglan, Maguire, Donohue) these are our players to develop and supplementing them with more experienced signings would be more appropriate otherwise we could have a huge mismatch of youth v experience.

Wes Thomas could be a decent signing at this level. Giles Coke or Chris Eagles would be good signings if there's any truth to those rumours.

#1155 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:30 AM

View Post60s 70s Spireite, on 31 July 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

Mitch will get his own mini budget out of the money and have his own 'projects'.

I mentioned Hunt months ago. He's a better player than Roberts.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#1156 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:32 AM

View Postdim view, on 31 July 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

Mitch will get his own mini budget out of the money and have his own 'projects'.

I mentioned Hunt months ago. He's a better player than Roberts.

Nah.

#1157 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:41 AM

View Postspireite87, on 31 July 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

Not at all, but from my viewpoint, do you not think we've already got a few players to develop and maybe we should sign more experienced players? I look at the players in their late teens early 20's (Mani, Onivwigun, Beesley, Orrell, Simmons, Gboly, Raglan, Maguire, Donohue) these are our players to develop and supplementing them with more experienced signings would be more appropriate otherwise we could have a huge mismatch of youth v experience.

Wes Thomas could be a decent signing at this level. Giles Coke or Chris Eagles would be good signings if there's any truth to those rumours.

Personally, rather than players on their way down, I would younger prefer players who have starred already in the lower leagues, now looking to move up a level, likely as not been a top scorer in League Two, or a player of the year; a player his current club would be very disappointed to lose.

Or, if we are looking at short term solutions, then bring in a season long loan of an upper tier youngster. Someone with something to prove.

#1158 User is offline   SpireRam 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:44 AM

Are those meant to excite me? Out of the 3 I'd have Wes Thomas though..

#1159 User is offline   sixmilliondollardan 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:46 AM

View Postbrianclose, on 31 July 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

Nah.

I would say he was a better player but not sure about now. He seems the kind of player who could age quickly, a hustler and bustler, whereas Roberts is all about technique.

Not sure about these signings though; hardly the kind to fetch a decent fee in the future which seems to be our model.

This post has been edited by sixmilliondollardan: 31 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

#1160 User is offline   SpireiteFitzy 

• The Inglorious One
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield fc

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

View PostBrookie, on 31 July 2015 - 07:12 AM, said:

Yet how are we meant to convince supposedly championship standard players to drop a league to a club that sells all its saleable assets at the first opportunity? It's telling that a lot of these supposed names are 30+. And yes we can trot out Jack as an example but for every Jack there is a Currie, Austin, Page etc.
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything!

Share this topic:

• (123 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users