Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Fans Group/supporters Forum - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fans Group/supporters Forum not sure what to call it

#21 User is offline   Humpalumpa 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:55 PM

Question; will the 'true blue' travel club be actively trying to encourage more fans to attend away fixtures by coach ie cheaper travel, more coaches rather than the one / two.

it appears to be set in its ways- usually 1 coach instead of being more flexible?

the support is there, Leeds away etc, they just need to tap into it , encourage more to travel away with a more attractive pricing policy / better advertising under the stands or in the shop / local papers etc & not just sticking with the one coach policy.

try to be more flexible, ie by putting on extra coaches or smaller coaches if the demand is not there for 2/3/4 coaches etc.

the bridge inn travel club are excellent at supplying away coach travel, the club could do better imo.
The pride of Derbyshire

#22 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

djs, on 10 August 2013 - 07:50 PM, said:

Was there an agenda? What was discussed?

No agenda mate.

It was basically a short one hour meeting for everyone to meet and agree on how things should proceed at future meetings.

The next meeting will be the morning of the Southend home game.

Myself or other members of the forum will happily put forward any questions you want answering.

There are two other members who I know use this board.

Marcia (Valemadness) & Andy (BodieUK).

#23 User is offline   Alan Birch 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

it would seem sensible Nigel to publish agenda and notes afterwards?

#24 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:00 PM

Humpalumpa, on 10 August 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

Question; will the 'true blue' travel club be actively trying to encourage more fans to attend away fixtures by coach ie cheaper travel, more coaches rather than the one / two.

it appears to be set in its ways- usually 1 coach instead of being more flexible?

the support is there, Leeds away etc, they just need to tap into it , encourage more to travel away with a more attractive pricing policy / better advertising under the stands or in the shop / local papers etc & not just sticking with the one coach policy.

try to be more flexible, ie by putting on extra coaches or smaller coaches if the demand is not there for 2/3/4 coaches etc.

the bridge inn travel club are excellent at supplying away coach travel, the club could do better imo.

This was mentioned this morning and also the fact that True Blue don't offer concessionary travel to children,etc.

We await a reponse at the next meeting.

#25 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:03 PM

spireitenag, on 10 August 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

No agenda mate.

It was basically a short one hour meeting for everyone to meet and agree on how things should proceed at future meetings.

Myself or other members of the forum will happily put forward any questions you want answering.

I think you will find dazspire of the east stand massive frequents here too nige. I am still locating my progs btw.....
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#26 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

Middle East, on 10 August 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

I think you will find dazspire of the east stand massive frequents here too nige. I am still locating my progs btw.....

Ok. Cheers mate. It would seem the forum has quite a large representation from the East Stand.

#27 Guest_djs_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

spireitenag, on 10 August 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

No agenda mate.

Q1, Will there be other Brampton beers on sale in the future.

Q2 When an ST holder brings a m8 to game (not a regular attender) will there be a facility to swap an ST seat for another in the same stand so as to sit together for that one game.

Q3 People leaving early and standing in the corners for the last 5mins, can't anything be done about it. Make sure they go out completely or something, it must be so maddening for the front three rows or so!

#28 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

djs, on 10 August 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

Q2 When an ST holder brings a m8 to game (not a regular attender) will there be a facility to swap an ST seat for another in the same stand so as to sit together for that one game.

Q3 People leaving early and standing in the corners for the last 5mins, can't anything be done about it. Make sure they go out completely or something, it must be so maddening for the front three rows or so!

Your questions have been added to my ever expanding list.

I will post any replies as I get them.

Nigel.

#29 User is offline   Heavy_Soul 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

spireitenag, on 10 August 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

Your questions have been added to my ever expanding list.

I will post any replies as I get them.

Nigel.

Looks like your the official bobs board representative now nigel!

This post has been edited by Screamadelica: 10 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

Every need got an ego to feed

#30 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

spireitenag, on 10 August 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Ok. Cheers mate. It would seem the forum has quite a large representation from the East Stand.

......blimey how rude i would have described him as rubenesque not large! Posted Image
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#31 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:31 PM

Middle East, on 10 August 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

......blimey how rude i would have described him as rubenesque not large! Posted Image

I could well have been referring to myself actually!:D

#32 User is offline   Tylerdurdencfc 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

I agree with this, something seriously needs to be done about it, same as walking along the East stand at the front, if you are going, go down the exit and walk underneath not walk past every single person on the fronts rows....

I sit in the Kop at this and both of these bug me big style. Its not like there is a massive rush to get out and its not like there are 75,000 there and its going to take an hour to exit.

Speaking of which cars seem to be leaving early from the car park again whilst people are walking about

#33 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Group: Moderators
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:10 PM

LuSiVe, on 10 August 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Would it be possible to get the ticket office or shop open later one night a week, even if it was only to pick up paid-for tickets. Especially with away tickets, I'm OK phoning up to buy them but I find it difficult to get there except on match days to collect.

I'll ask that for you no problem

Humpalumpa, on 10 August 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

the bridge inn are excellent at supplying away coach travel, the club could do better imo.

We did touch on this subject today and the club seemed very surprised that bridge inn does concessions, it is on the list to discuss further.
Thank you for the input so far ;)

#34 User is online   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:11 PM

Humpalumpa, on 10 August 2013 - 07:51 PM, said:

the bridge inn are excellent at supplying away coach travel, the club could do better imo.

I may be wrong but I think the club know they can't 'beat' the Bridge's offering and are quite comfortable with that knowing they do such a great job.

#35 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

LuSiVe, on 10 August 2013 - 04:24 PM, said:

Would it be possible to get the ticket office or shop open later one night a week, even if it was only to pick up paid-for tickets. Especially with away tickets, I'm OK phoning up to buy them but I find it difficult to get there except on match days to collect.

Fairly certainly office used to stay open until 7pm on the Friday before a Saturday home game, not sue if this is still the case though.

#36 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

Can you raise the issue of the PA system, specifically why its not on in the West Stand concourse (not sure about the other stands) please Marcia?

It seems crazy that the fans that are spending money in the bars are ommitted from the anoucements made at HT. (even the TV's are on silent most of the time, so thats not the reason either).

If things like Away Travel (as has been mentioned above) is advertised at this time, then a good percentage will miss the anouncement altogether.

#37 User is offline   jack'smyboy 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

Still some improvements needed on stocks and service in the ES.

Youngest was annoyed that he missed out on a sausage roll a) because there wasn't enough stock, again and b) because the stock there was disappeared in front of his eyes due to two staff attending to one faffing customer in front of us.

Loads of pies left at the time, so someone needs to look into the breakdown of their order. The lads behind us were also after the same thing, and there was some discussion about popping to Greggs before for the next match...

#38 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:09 AM

If I may be so bold to answer Q1, whilst chatting to the concourse manager yesterday he said the Brampton Ales will change seasonally to mirror the time of year, or something like that.
East stand second class citizen.

#39 User is offline   DIFH 

• Legend

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

spireitenag, on 10 August 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

To me it comes across that you lot are a pampered bunch of moaning two hats and for that I blame you're missus's :lol: :lol:
God I hate this league.

#40 User is offline   lindo-spireite 

• Legend

Posted 11 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

Thank the club for bringing back the balti
Messageboard mafia. AKA - The Big Dog

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »