Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Turner's Trip To Kuwait - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Turner's Trip To Kuwait

#121 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:35 PM

View Postdim view, on 05 November 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

Steven Gerrard paid for it.

If that's true, why?

(was Dunbavin carrying his bag?)

This post has been edited by Westbars Spireite: 05 November 2014 - 10:43 PM

#122 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:33 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 05 November 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

On one hand I'm pleased CFC are actually open to opportunities, as opposed to the plodding insularity witnessed at Saltergate.

However it does disturb me that it's taken fans to expose this 'fake Sheikh' whilst an extremely well salaried CEO appeared happy to embrace him.

Perhaps the prospect of further, no doubt all expenses paid trips to Kuwait acted as a blindfold.

And how much has it cost Town in terms of hospitality and overheads? Why weren't the same kind of straightforward checks undertaken by 'Bob's Board' members carried out by Turner some months ago? Exactly what sort of relationship did he have with this Alnassar?

Either way I think 'Freelander' deserves an enormous amount of credit for pursuing this issue - and perhaps averting greater losses or embarrassment, as does 'Sammy' and Craig for their input, too.

Due diligence.

If 2 or 3 blokes just sat at home in their spare time can unearth enough stuff to cast serious doubts over this fella - just what does that say about the professionalism of those charged with the day to day running of the football club?

A new hope.

#123 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:24 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 05 November 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

Due diligence.

If 2 or 3 blokes just sat at home in their spare time can unearth enough stuff to cast serious doubts over this fella - just what does that say about the professionalism of those charged with the day to day running of the football club?

To be fair to CT, I think this is the kind of situation in which he was duty bound to take a peek at what the bloke's ideas were, even if he had done the due diligence. It reads to me as though the bloke is using imaginary links with CFC for his own gain, but at the same time MAY have introduced CT to one or more bona fida big investors, on whom due diligence would be undertaken. Cost to CFC, petty cash.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#124 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:00 AM

View Postdim view, on 06 November 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

To be fair to CT, I think this is the kind of situation in which he was duty bound to take a peek at what the bloke's ideas were, even if he had done the due diligence. It reads to me as though the bloke is using imaginary links with CFC for his own gain, but at the same time MAY have introduced CT to one or more bona fida big investors, on whom due diligence would be undertaken. Cost to CFC, petty cash.

We've messed about with this guy for 12 months without conducting any research into his background, it's not just been a brief chat. He's produced absolutely nothing and as you rightly say, he's used us for his own gain.

Sadly, a highly embarrassing situation.

Edit - In fact, the more he's been pressed on certain things, it's highlighted what a headbanger he actually is.

This post has been edited by freelander2: 06 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

#125 User is offline   Stents 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:18 AM

Wasn't this guy also something to do with David Luiz following us on twitter? What was that all about...

#126 User is offline   Sheffield Blue 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Portsmouth Fan

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:23 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 05 November 2014 - 11:33 PM, said:

Due diligence.

Twice it happend to us where your average supporter had found enough to show that the interested parties (who went on to own the club) were not going to be able to run the club twice they were deemed fit and proper.

If your concerned there might be something happening do all you can to raise awareness. Fans are the lifeblood of a club and should be listened too.

Good luck.

#127 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:27 AM

View Postfreelander2, on 06 November 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

Sadly, a highly embarrassing situation.

Edit - In fact, the more he's been pressed on certain things, it's highlighted what a headbanger he actually is.

True, but any CEO worth his salt has deal professionally with anything that comes into his intray - even if it's junk mail from Arthur Daly. The embarrassment is in the tardiness in telling him to take his hook.
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#128 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 06 November 2014 - 10:32 AM

View PostWhereisBenj, on 05 November 2014 - 05:47 PM, said:

He's now deleted his Twitter page. What an odd bloke.

Nope, he's still there just changed his name and protected his account.

Judging by his new profile pic, he's set his sights a bit higher than us now!!

#129 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2014 - 02:09 PM

View Postdim view, on 06 November 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

True, but any CEO worth his salt has deal professionally with anything that comes into his intray - even if it's junk mail from Arthur Daly. The embarrassment is in the tardiness in telling him to take his hook.

Really? Your CEO must work long unproductive hours.

#130 User is online   clarevoyant. 

• Legend

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:04 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 05 November 2014 - 06:25 PM, said:

On one hand I'm pleased CFC are actually open to opportunities, as opposed to the plodding insularity witnessed at Saltergate.

However it does disturb me that it's taken fans to expose this 'fake Sheikh' whilst an extremely well salaried CEO appeared happy to embrace him.

Perhaps the prospect of further, no doubt all expenses paid trips to Kuwait acted as a blindfold.

And how much has it cost Town in terms of hospitality and overheads? Why weren't the same kind of straightforward checks undertaken by 'Bob's Board' members carried out by Turner some months ago? Exactly what sort of relationship did he have with this Alnassar?

Either way I think 'Freelander' deserves an enormous amount of credit for pursuing this issue - and perhaps averting greater losses or embarrassment, as does 'Sammy' and Craig for their input, too.

I'm probably missing something here (perhaps due to not reading all the thread) but are we saying that the CEO is allowed to arrange an all expenses paid trip anywhere without the knowledge and consent of the (in this case) club owner and also to seek "big" investment again without the knowledge of the owner? This owner being the one that has steered us to are current position, for which the majority are thankful .
Derbyshire is Derbyshire
Yorkshire is Yorkshire

Never the twain shall meet.
Again

#131 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

If the Club doesn't start to liven itself up & get its act together, this level of commercial naivety & bad practice will make Supporters & Sponsors think twice before parting with their hard-earned.

We're caught up in whimsical stuff, yet the basics, the nuts & bolts aren't even in place.

I've made no secret of my opinions previously & again this week, things need to change, being a product king isn't enough to run a business, no matter what size.

#132 User is offline   Eastander 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2014 - 07:56 PM

... and the fact that from the statement issued by the Club yesterday, it would appear that he was still on the CEO's radar right up to the point that certain concerned members on here started the alarm bells ringing ...... that is really worrying! How near was the possibility of us getting deeply involved with this individual before the timely intervention from BB members ...I dread to think !

#133 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:08 PM

Now he's off our radar, just to prove the type of character he is, he formed a new business in January of this year, Premium Sports Agency, using the name Abdullah Alnassar, occupation, Football Consultant!

#134 User is offline   Hoare (400) 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:45 PM

Is the CEOs position now untenable ?

Hoare (400)

#135 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 06 November 2014 - 08:58 PM

View PostHoare (400), on 06 November 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

Hoare (400)

Don't know about untenable…….

Untouchable, definitely
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#136 User is offline   fishini 

• Legend
  • Interests:To be nice to my fellow spireites

Posted 06 November 2014 - 09:05 PM

View PostBobby Darling, on 06 November 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

Really? Your CEO must work long unproductive hours.

Work is an over exaggeration and as for unproductive hours, they are the norm
DONATE
SAVE A LIFE

#137 User is offline   Wooden Spoon 

• Legend

Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:05 AM

View PostHoare (400), on 06 November 2014 - 08:45 PM, said:

Hoare (400)

It ought to have been under close scrutiny following the close season 3 wise monkeys and Higdongate.

Azul seems to have accurately covered the situation though.

A further question regarding this, who manages him?
A new hope.

#138 User is offline   Paul Fisher 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:27 AM

View Posta kick in the balls, on 07 November 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

It ought to have been under close scrutiny following the close season 3 wise monkeys and Higdongate.

Azul seems to have accurately covered the situation though.

A further question regarding this, who manages him?

Perhaps his outburst/rant/statement at the AGM was a plea of justification.

To me, it was cringeworthy.

#139 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Er..............Town!

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostDarcy Sarto, on 07 November 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

Perhaps his outburst/rant/statement at the AGM was a plea of justification.

To me, it was cringeworthy.

What was the rant?

#140 User is online   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:09 PM

View Postclarevoyant., on 06 November 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

I'm probably missing something here (perhaps due to not reading all the thread) but are we saying that the CEO is allowed to arrange an all expenses paid trip anywhere without the knowledge and consent of the (in this case) club owner and also to seek "big" investment again without the knowledge of the owner? This owner being the one that has steered us to are current position, for which the majority are thankful .

I wonder if DA is more bothered about his pigeons these days, so is happy to leave pretty much everything to those he's entrusted with the running of CFC.

Chris Turner, Ashley Carson, and Paul Cook.

DA is also a straightforward sorta bloke, not used to having his appointments and decisions questioned, and sees things in very black and white terms. Relegation? Not keeping Davies. Failure to go up? Richards not scoring enough. A million pound loss? Too few punters.

And I'd be astounded if he's not been fed a line regarding recent events that totally exonerates the CEO.

We're all thankful for everything Dave Allen has done for our football club. It's those beneath him of whom questions must surely be asked.

This post has been edited by MDCCCLXVI: 07 November 2014 - 04:45 PM

Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

Share this topic:

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users