Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: But Hey Tomorrow Is Another Day/ashley Carson - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

But Hey Tomorrow Is Another Day/ashley Carson

#41 Guest_itsc_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:11 PM

Warfey not up anyone's bottom mate

I have my own opinion and I'm sure Chris and Mike will vouch for that

Giving you the facts and what needs to be done

#42 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:15 PM

View Postitsc, on 19 February 2017 - 05:05 PM, said:

Sammy can you suggest an alternative solution then?

Witout DA money we are in administration and knackered at least we have a chance of staying up still this season.

You said no club makes money and have to rely on someone with cash propping them up, well, how is DA doing that when he wants every penny he puts in back, with interest?

The alternative as far as I can see, is DA reduces his crazy "opening gambit" and swallows his pride, engages with interested parties (who you and I both know have access to the necessary funds to take control of the club, yet given his rumoured nickname for some of them, thats not likely to happen anytime soon and shows his contempt for them) and run it in a much more sustainable way. My view is he's not prepared to admit to his or his general's mistakes and is prepared to let others take the blame/flak etc.

DA will not allow the club go in to admin, we both know that, as he'd lose far more than he would by selling for a realistic amount.

My guess is he'll end up having to sell for much less than a) he put in and b) any amount that is publically stated as a sale price, like happened at S6, while he's trying to "save face" the club is slowly being destroyed.

#43 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:17 PM

View Postitsc, on 19 February 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Chris

I think you may find DA will sell for what he has put in but you have to realise the reason perhaps he is asking for someone with proof of funding for £15M to make sure they have the collateral to keep the club afloat. So let's say he sells for £10M and then there is £5M to ensure the survival of the club, that's what I think anyway.

Pity we didn't do this before one Darren Brown came to the club !!

But then surely the asking price would be £10m, AC was quite clear in agreeing at the AGM that the asking price for the club was £15m. So I don't really see the point.
East stand second class citizen.

#44 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

View Postitsc, on 19 February 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

Witout DA money we are in administration and knackered at least we have a chance of staying up still this season.

Sammy forgot we lose an 1M if we go down best add that to your calculations while your trying to work it out

Sammy isn't forgetting anything, and IF (when) we go down, we need to cut our cloth accordingly, not continue spending money we don't have.

My issue isn't with DA putting money in each month, it's WHY he has to and WHY it's been allowed to get to this stage.

#45 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 19 February 2017 - 05:19 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 19 February 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

Steve.

I hope I'm not breaking any confidence by revealing Ashley has said Allen might take twelve, or even ten million for the Club. As you say, more or less his loans. And of course he'll need assurances he'll be paid in full. That said the longer this 'Mexican stand off' continues, the longer the Club suffers. My understanding is Allen's yet to shift from his fifteen million price tag so I don't blame the supposed consortium for holding equally firm.

Meanwhile CFC's value can only plummet.

This makes me question why was an offer of £10m rejected in January?

#46 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 19 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

View Postitsc, on 19 February 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

How many dim view of those that step forward can say they have the collateral to keep it going?

As far as I know nobody

No football club these days make any money it is down to those individuals with the cash to keep propping it up

We're currently heavily reliant upon Dave Allen, almost a situation that's been allowed to develop through gross mismanagement of the club. Allen's executive team of AC & CT remain in situ and he keeps providing the club with additional funding.

As a football club, we are fast approaching a **** or bust situation, by accident or by good planning?

Steve, you wouldn't have allowed this situation to develop and neither would I. The people responsible for our demise both on, and off the pitch, are still heavily involved in the running of our club.

Had the football club been run correctly, with an executive team qualified to run a business and ideally with some experience in football administration, the business would have been less reliant on Dave Allen today than what it was in May 2009.

Our football club has been strangled, look at the league table and look at the balance sheet for year ending 06/17.

Sad times, Steve. Sad times.

#47 User is offline   Jontt 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 19 February 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

Would you care to elaborate ?

I could, but won't, I'll just watch and read the 'happy typers ' posting Bunkum 😂

#48 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2017 - 07:37 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 19 February 2017 - 04:10 PM, said:

We're already in a mess. A damn big mess.

Which kinda negates the claim Allen's somehow seeking fifteen million for the Club's good.

I get the bloke going big with his initial price-tag - that's what everyone does at the start of negotiations. However he owns an insolvent business, that by AC's own prediction will lose another seven figure sum this year, and is about to be relegated.

If he really wants what's best for CFC cut out the posturing and sell to locals who have an emotional connection.

That would involve a modicum of conscience

#49 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend
  • Interests:My family and Chesterfield then anything else that I care to chance my arm at.

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:05 PM

View Postitsc, on 19 February 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

Sammy forgot we lose an 1M if we go down best add that to your calculations while your trying to work it out

"At least we have a chance of stopping up this season".. any chance of forwarding me that hymn sheet?

#50 Guest_itsc_*

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:12 PM

Mike

I think we have to look at the figures first when we moved to the stadium, we spent things that we couldn't really afford and hence the reason we had to get DA to save us the first time round.

I don't think any thought was put into the actually running costs of the club when we moved either so the business plan from Day 1 failed and
It would be interesting to see if there actually was one? Or budget figures that could be used to ensure running costs where kept to within the target.

Sometimes when it is someone else's money you are spending it is not the same as your own and in larger organisations this can happen and you see overspends

So all in all it's been a problem from day one of the new stadium

#51 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:16 PM

If true that's the fault of DA and the business people he employs. It's not an excuse to crucify the club

#52 User is offline   Mr Mercury 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:17 PM

View Postitsc, on 19 February 2017 - 08:12 PM, said:

Mike

I think we have to look at the figures first when we moved to the stadium, we spent things that we couldn't really afford and hence the reason we had to get DA to save us the first time round.

I don't think any thought was put into the actually running costs of the club when we moved either so the business plan from Day 1 failed and
It would be interesting to see if there actually was one? Or budget figures that could be used to ensure running costs where kept to within the target.

Sometimes when it is someone else's money you are spending it is not the same as your own and in larger organisations this can happen and you see overspends

If that was a year or two years ago then yes. That was SEVEN years ago..surely a buisness man of DAs calibre would have sorted that?
Like I said openly at he AGM, the failings here WOULD NOT have been tolerated at his other ventures. Turner himself certainly wouldn't.

#53 User is online   dtp 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:19 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 19 February 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

This makes me question why was an offer of £10m rejected in January?

Was it really?

And, you know that for a fact?

#54 User is online   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

View PostMr Mercury, on 19 February 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

If that was a year or two years ago then yes. That was SEVEN years ago..surely a buisness man of DAs calibre would have sorted that?
Like I said openly at he AGM, the failings here WOULD NOT have been tolerated at his other ventures. Turner himself certainly wouldn't.

I bet over £4M for Cooper, Clucas, Darikwa & Doyle wasn't budgeted for neither. And still........

#55 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:26 PM

Mike

The original build cost / overspend is a red herring when considering the profitability of the business.

Our administration expenses are £1.45M greater than what they were in 2012. Wages, NI & pension costs account for 75% of that increase. That is THE problem and a problem which has developed under the existing leadership team.

#56 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:33 PM

On which staff do the administration wages mainly fall?

#57 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:35 PM

Mike

Apologies mate. I meant to give you a green one and hit the red by mistake. Totally agree with the above
If only....

#58 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:36 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 19 February 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

On which staff do the administration wages mainly fall?

Costs under administration expenses, include:

Directors salaries
Wages, players costs & administration
Staff national insurance contributions
Staff pension costs
Training facilities / Staff Training
Motor running costs
Hotel travel & subsistence
Printing & stationery
Telephone & fax
Advertising & promotion
Trade subscriptions
Legal & professional including agent fees
Auditors' remuneration
Bank charges
Bad debts
Rent
Repairs & Maintenance
Sundry establishment expenses
Depreciation - plant & machinery
Depreciation - motor vehicles
Depreciation - freehold buildings
Depreciation - fixtures & fitting
Amortisation - intangible fixed assets
Profit/loss on sale of tangible assets
Business & community partnership expenses
Commercial & catering department expenses
Matchday expenses
Football league gate levy
Medical supplies
Centre of excellence expenses
Community trust write off
Community development

#59 Guest_itsc_*

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:39 PM

Mike

That is PART of the problem not THE problem

The original cost is not a red herring at all, how can it be when we have had to have a loan to bail us out ? That affects the profitability of the business year on year

I think you are blinkered in your assessments, recheck the overhaul running costs over the first 5 years perhaps ?

#60 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:41 PM

Is there a breakdown that separates the money spent on players wages from that spent on other staff?

Share this topic:

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users