Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: But Hey Tomorrow Is Another Day/ashley Carson - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

But Hey Tomorrow Is Another Day/ashley Carson

#381 User is offline   Skywalker 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:21 AM

I've been warned over my sarcasm.
If only....

#382 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:33 AM

View PostBlue95, on 22 February 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

Theyve literally just blocked me i didnt even say anything that bad just AC is part of the problem and not to trust a word he says! Anybody know who the admin on there is?

I won't be far behind if anymore chirp up with some of the nonsense I've seen

Don't know what planet they are on but it's a shame they have the internet!!

#383 User is online   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:40 AM

View PostCFC91, on 22 February 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

I won't be far behind if anymore chirp up with some of the nonsense I've seen

Don't know what planet they are on but it's a shame they have the internet!!

The biggest issue on there is that the majority just don't know what has gone/is going on. They just see Carson drip feeding them what he wants them to hear and they think they are part of some exclusive information club.

#384 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:41 AM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 20 February 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

OK, here's some information for you to digest...

The foreign consortium was from Sweden. At various times, they have visited CFC (both with and without me, but never as a whole group). One of my closest friends out here works for Proact. They have an office close by in Kista (pronounced shee-sta). He arranged visits for all of the consortium members as Proact over here was looking at working with these companies. I became the “English connection” - Proact, CFC, knowing the sponsors...

I’ve known the consortium over the 3 years I’ve lived here. Their business careers are involved with companies such as Volvo, Scania, Telenor, Telia, SwedBank Craft Sportswear and Åbro.

Volvo is official car of the Swedish national football team. Telenor and Telia are mobile communications companies; the Tele2 Arena in Stockholm benefits from naming rights sponsorship. Craft Sportswear is owned by Intersport and supplies team kit to the Swedish winter sports team and other winter sport nations. Intersport provides kit for Hammarby. Åbro is a brewery that has been involved with AIK.

So we’re not dealing with tin-pot investors; this is why these men didn’t appreciate the over-inflated price. They shot straight and offered a fair price.

If the bid was accepted, SwedBank would analyse the accounts before any further progress in the deal. This, I think, might have scared a few at the top table.

The immediate cash injection would be £500k from each investor, as a gift/sponsorship from their companies. That right there, is over £3m. It would certainly plug the gap in the finances and remove the need for loans to be issued. Further six-figure payments would have followed as season-upon-season sponsorship. If any loans were made, they would not be re-paid in part or whole until a minimum of £250k profit was recorded.

These were not a group that were in it just for a quick buck. They saw this as a serious opportunity to develop a number of opportunities. To name a few:

• Volvo would have looked to work with Autoworld and bring them back into the fold, or respect their decision to stay with Matlock.
  • Åbro would have taken an interest in Brampton Brewery.
  • Craft would have looked at becoming the official kit supplier and develop the retail and club shop arm of the business.
  • SwedBank would have provided financial experts in accounting and root out the excessive/wasteful expenditure.

The £10m bid was turned down, and this is a direct quote from AC’s pm to me: Dave Allen does not think your starting point or final bid is worth further consideration. We wish you well in your other investment ooertunities.

Do you honestly think that respected businessmen such as these would negotiate with obstinate characters? Yes, they moved on, but when one party is serious about buying and the selling party is playing silly buggers, it's easy to see why they walked away so quickly. They're gone and won't be engaging in any more contact/negotiations.

Successful businessmen do negotiate with obstinate characters. That's how they become successful.

#385 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostBlue95, on 22 February 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

Theyve literally just blocked me i didnt even say anything that bad just AC is part of the problem and not to trust a word he says! Anybody know who the admin on there is?

A guy called David Lilley. Haven't posted yet but sounds like my first one could be my last!
#notapennymore

#386 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:22 PM

This facebook lot sound like they are another species or at least some characters out the Stepford Wifes
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#387 User is online   hilly81 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

View Postazul, on 22 February 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

This facebook lot sound like they are another species or at least some characters out the Stepford Wifes

There are a lot more dissenting views on there than there was 6 months ago.

#388 User is offline   Tyrion 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

One topic / post on there from a guy wishing they hadnt left Saltergate and wants to go back!
FFS

#389 User is offline   spireitetoo 

• Legend

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

View Postash_cfc, on 22 February 2017 - 03:46 AM, said:

I've just joined that Facebook group which AC posts on and I am genuinely gobsmacked how many fickle fans we have, with their noses up AC's rusty ring piece. I'll be banned before the weekend.

Ha ha, my 1st comment on there was removed, I'd only been in the group 30 mins.

View PostForever a Spireite, on 22 February 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

A guy called David Lilley. Haven't posted yet but sounds like my first one could be my last!

He's the administrator i think, proper up carson's jacksy.
all we are saying, is give us ...a goal, or 2+

#390 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:43 PM

Sounds to me the problem isn't necessarily the members, it's someone running it so sycophantic they're behaving like some North Korean propaganda official.
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#391 User is offline   spireitenag 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 03:46 PM

Strikes me they'd be better off renaming it "The Dave Allen/Ashley Carson Appreciation Society".

#392 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:02 PM

View Postspireitenag, on 22 February 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

Strikes me they'd be better off renaming it "The Dave Allen/Ashley Carson Appreciation Society".

How about 'The Wholehearted And True Spireites'...
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#393 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:08 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 22 February 2017 - 03:43 PM, said:

Sounds to me the problem isn't necessarily the members, it's someone running it so sycophantic they're behaving like some North Korean propaganda official.

Careful, they may have assassins
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#394 User is offline   Markham94Cfc 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:59 PM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 20 February 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

They were willing to put the £10m in escrow, followed by an order to transfer to any bank account(s) once a deal was agreed. They spent a long time planning this, and it's how they do their business. I can't defend the way they played their hand any more than DA & AC can defend theirs. AC did say that payments could be staggered, but that was not their preference.

I can see your point, dtp, but if you were to buy something of value and be told that you have to pay 50% over the valuation, would you do it? Would you take the seller seriously? E.g. here's my lovely 4-bedroomed semi in a desirable area. The other houses on the street have gone for £300k. Will you buy mine for £450k?

Apologies if this has already been raised, but are we now to assume the interest that the Swedish consortium once had is now dead and buried, or is there a possibility that due to the recent club statement and the media attention its receiving (all be it on a local scale) that there's the possibility that this interest may reignite. Especially considering that the £15 million price tag has now dropped to £10 million. In addition to this, if it can be presumed that the initial bid was rejected without any question by Allen et al with regards to proof of funds etc, is there the chance that they are now aware of why the bid was unsuccessful and that they may wish to reconsider making an offer taking into account the proof that the club are wanting?
Class on Grass

#395 User is offline   Andy Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Er..............Town!

Posted 22 February 2017 - 11:01 PM

View PostMarkham94Cfc, on 22 February 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

Apologies if this has already been raised, but are we now to assume the interest that the Swedish consortium once had is now dead and buried, or is there a possibility that due to the recent club statement and the media attention its receiving (all be it on a local scale) that there's the possibility that this interest may reignite. Especially considering that the £15 million price tag has now dropped to £10 million. In addition to this, if it can be presumed that the initial bid was rejected without any question by Allen et al with regards to proof of funds etc, is there the chance that they are now aware of why the bid was unsuccessful and that they may wish to reconsider making an offer taking into account the proof that the club are wanting?

According to Stockholm Spireite the consortium have already moved on to other targets so, whilst I'd hope something could be rekindled, it didn't sound hopeful.

Share this topic:

• (20 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users