Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Saunders Has Lost The Fans, And The Players... - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Saunders Has Lost The Fans, And The Players...

#1 User is offline   Snowflake McBedwetter 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:04 PM

...how long before he loses his job?

Looking at that team-sheet tonight, even the most hardy supporter must know the writing is on the wall.

The players aren't playing for him, little wonder, as his decisions seem to be based on a lucky-dip approach and he has been publicly criticising them. The players he has bought in, barring Martinez ( who Ian Evatt rang!)all look unfit and disinterested. well past their sell by. The fans are decreasing in number by the week.

Yes he got dealt a bad hand. But does ANYONE think he's the man to turn this around?

Anyone....?

#2 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:19 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 06 October 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

Looking at that team-sheet tonight, even the most hardy supporter must know the writing is on the wall.

The players aren't playing for him, little wonder, as his decisions seem to be based on a lucky-dip approach and he has been publicly criticising them. The players he has bought in, barring Martinez ( who Ian Evatt rang!)all look unfit and disinterested. well past their sell by. The fans are decreasing in number by the week.

Yes he got dealt a bad hand. But does ANYONE think he's the man to turn this around?

Anyone....?

didn't go tonight, looking at that teamsheet i'd have expected us to lose 2-1 to many a football league side, however picking up on the reports, stats and the comments who did go, it is the manner of defeat that is of great concern

#3 User is offline   The Peoples Champion 

• Broadswordcallingdannyboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:34 PM

View PostKevinArnottsGoldenBoot, on 06 October 2015 - 09:04 PM, said:

Anyone....?

As i have said in my summary it was the sheer lack of effort and application.

It was a defeat which I can accept supporting a club of our nature, but the manner was disgusting.

How the players get anything out of that game to build on for Saturday is beyond me. Simply no positives

#4 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:51 PM

Still got to look at the rate of work the players put in or more to the point don't put in. Is this do to lack of fitness
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#5 User is offline   paulwardle 

• PMW
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:10 AM

What is so unbelievable is the fact that DA didn't have a proper recruitment policy in place for Cooks replacement.

Given our record I'm sure there would have been many good potential managers yet we go for one with a poor record.

Ex players rarely make the grade as managers especially higher profile ones. They spend their time telling the squad how they used to do things and quickly alienate players. Probably something to do with the fact that a good number are plain thick!

I have a season ticket but have only been to one home game due in the main to other commitments at home and work, but I have little enthusiasm in journeying from Manchester to watch the sad demise of our Club and team. It's simply a total disgrace.

Went to Crewe but despite the win was totally unconvinced. We are going down and Morsy will be gone in the New Year. Without him we will be relegated by March.

Problem is the people running our Club have again messed up and it will be an expensive exercise proving it.

#6 User is offline   Oscar Tone 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Gin and tonic. Patron of the arts and movies where things blow up.

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:13 AM

Realistically, what are the chances of Saunders being shown the door any time soon?

#7 User is offline   Spireiteboy155 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:19 AM

View PostOscar Tone, on 07 October 2015 - 06:13 AM, said:

Realistically, what are the chances of Saunders being shown the door any time soon?

Simple. None.

Unfortunately.

#8 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:25 AM

View PostOscar Tone, on 07 October 2015 - 06:13 AM, said:

None at all.

#9 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:02 AM

It will cost us more in the long run if we don't cut our losses and sack him

#10 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:20 AM

Only what I'm told but apparently Saunders' only remit from DA was to avoid relegation. Whilst ever we remain outside the relegation zone both can argue that they are meeting the set targets.

#11 User is offline   Phil V 72 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:38 AM

View PostWestbars Spireite, on 07 October 2015 - 07:20 AM, said:

Only what I'm told but apparently Saunders' only remit from DA was to avoid relegation. Whilst ever we remain outside the relegation zone both can argue that they are meeting the set targets.

Strange this target wasn't mentioned to the fans when they were selling season tickets ;)
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.

#12 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:51 AM

View PostPhil V 72, on 07 October 2015 - 07:38 AM, said:

Strange this target wasn't mentioned to the fans when they were selling season tickets ;)

In all fairness that target was matched by most fans when they learned who had been given the manager's job.

#13 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:53 AM

I don't believe the target was just to avoid relegation but not about to start falling out with people if they have evidence its true. However the selling of the family silver and replacing it with stainless steel is already proving itself. I am concerned that the good players we have left and some of the more average ones are clearly not trying/pulling their weight/ or simply do not play well under Saunders yes I also know we have within the squad, players who are inexperienced or simply not up to it. It as been said, again I do not know this is right that the budget is higher this year than last. That worries me because if that's true who the hell is getting it. Saunders simply isn't good enough to prevent this spiral downwards. His after match interviews even sound to me like he doesn't know what to do. I don't believe for one minute that Dave Allen will bother but there is a massive amount of work to do and Chesterfield FC don't seem to have the tools to do the job.

#14 User is offline   brianclose 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:53 AM

Any town fan with a modicum of common sense would know that 18th and the debt down would have been more than acceptable to Allen this season.

He only said he would 'like to think' we could challenge before the season started - the clues were there!

#15 User is offline   sophocles 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Sport, especially football. Theatre, literature, eating, drinking (esp. real ale).

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:58 AM

The 'ambition' for this season was crystal clear the day Doyle went. Ok, we had a few misguided souls who were weirdly predicting we would somehow miraculously start this season STRONGER, but surely it was obvious to most of us that this season would be a struggle. I think a lot were like me and bought season tickets more in hope than expectation. If anyone really believed we could lose most of our top quality players and still get anywhere near the top six they must have been deluded.

#16 User is offline   spireitewolf 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:05 AM

KevinArnottsGoldenBoot said:

1444165458[/url]' post='1150601']

Anyone....?

I didn't go ,saw what was coming lol

#17 User is offline   60s 70s Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:08 AM

View Postmartatcross, on 07 October 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

I don't believe the target was just to avoid relegation but not about to start falling out with people if they have evidence its true. However the selling of the family silver and replacing it with stainless steel is already proving itself. I am concerned that the good players we have left and some of the more average ones are clearly not trying/pulling their weight/ or simply do not play well under Saunders yes I also know we have within the squad, players who are inexperienced or simply not up to it. It as been said, again I do not know this is right that the budget is higher this year than last. That worries me because if that's true who the hell is getting it. Saunders simply isn't good enough to prevent this spiral downwards. His after match interviews even sound to me like he doesn't know what to do. I don't believe for one minute that Dave Allen will bother but there is a massive amount of work to do and Chesterfield FC don't seem to have the tools to do the job.

Some of us worried from the outset post Saunder's appointment, when he talked of bettering last season, indicating he could see where Cook went wrong, including how the 'vests' would produce some magic answers. and, in particular eschewing the possession football feted by folk like me.

Then there was the 'was an international striker, played at the highest level' suffix to his name and his comments. As if that helped the majority of the 1966 World Cup winning side (Jack Charlton aside).

What we needed was a man for our club, a club aiming to punch above its weight, unearthing gems from fellow, less ambitious clubs, and loaning younger higher level players and then signing them after a period of good form (eg Cooper).

We appear to have appointed someone who thinks the average lower league player is bunkum and you only need sign 'Championship' players to climb the table. And don't get me started on his lack of passion and belief in his own players.

#18 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 07 October 2015 - 08:09 AM

View Postsophocles, on 07 October 2015 - 07:58 AM, said:

The 'ambition' for this season was crystal clear the day Doyle went. Ok, we had a few misguided souls who were weirdly predicting we would somehow miraculously start this season STRONGER, but surely it was obvious to most of us that this season would be a struggle. I think a lot were like me and bought season tickets more in hope than expectation. If anyone really believed we could lose most of our top quality players and still get anywhere near the top six they must have been deluded.

Wasn't that just a Mr Turner spin aided by Mr Carson ? The selling of Season tickets was aided by Paul Cook telling fans about the future etc knowing he was about to Bug off with leaflets on away trips leaflets on the seats at games etc. Maybe they can be done under the trade description act

#19 User is offline   Spireite_UK 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:06 AM

I don't even think I'm going to go this weekend. I've better things to do than watch that turgid Bunkum.

#20 User is offline   NOFX 

• get on up feed the ducks with a bun
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:dwarf wrestling

Posted 07 October 2015 - 09:20 AM

OK I dont know the finances of the club
But we were told that 80% of transfer fees would go back to the club
therefore the manager gets to spend 20%

So at a guesstimate £3m transfers out in the last 12 months since Cooper was sold
Should leave £600k to spend
The only spend was on Clucas

So where the rest of it gone? wages?
I am aware that the club can do whatever it likes with money, and tell us whatever it likes, but I'd like some honesty

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users