Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Not Since Rushbury............ - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Not Since Rushbury............

#1 User is offline   The Peoples Champion 

• Broadswordcallingdannyboy
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:17 PM

Have I felt so down about CFC........

And before anybody says its only the JPT, it still cost petrol to get here, I did not swan into the shell garage and say just popping twenty quid in mate its only Rochdale in the JPT so no need to pay.

This is proffesional sport where the management and players are paid a very decent living wage.

They have a responsibility to prepare, plan and execute to the best of their ability to try and win a football match.

I dint care if we lose 2-1 or 7-1 I support Town for gods sake, if I wanted to support a winning side I would just support one of the Top Premier teams.....

Its about application, its about effort, about personal pride and about a willingness to do the very best for ninety minutes.

I may not know as much about football as DS or the rest of the managment/players, but what I do know is that was a gutless, rudderless lacklustre and down right pathetic excuse for a so called proffesional football team that I have not seen since the days of the belegured physio.....

He ended up making Sandwiches for a living, on this evidence most of them should be working at MCdonalds

Rant over !!!!!!!

#2 User is offline   Goku 

• Super Saiyan and saviour of the universe
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:20 PM

People actually provided comments backing up the appointment of Dean Saunders when he first joined the club as well. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

#3 User is offline   Ollerton Opinion 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:26 PM

View PostThe Peoples Champion, on 06 October 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

And before anybody says its only the JPT, it still cost petrol to get here, I did not swan into the shell garage and say just popping twenty quid in mate its only Rochdale in the JPT so no need to pay.

This is proffesional sport where the management and players are paid a very decent living wage.

They have a responsibility to prepare, plan and execute to the best of their ability to try and win a football match.

I dint care if we lose 2-1 or 7-1 I support Town for gods sake, if I wanted to support a winning side I would just support one of the Top Premier teams.....

Its about application, its about effort, about personal pride and about a willingness to do the very best for ninety minutes.

I may not know as much about football as DS or the rest of the managment/players, but what I do know is that was a gutless, rudderless lacklustre and down right pathetic excuse for a so called proffesional football team that I have not seen since the days of the belegured physio.....

He ended up making Sandwiches for a living, on this evidence most of them should be working at MCdonalds

Rant over !!!!!!!

Excellent post - a good summary as to where we are (or where we are not!!)

#4 User is offline   martatcross 

• Legend

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:30 PM

Saunders can't cope And he certainly can't get the players to play for him.
Can't salute yer can't find a flag if that don't suit yer that's a drag

#5 User is offline   jonnythespireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:33 PM

Someone put a copy of this post in Allens pigeon coop please because this is bang on.

Rant over !!!!!!!

For some reason my post didn't appear but it was along the lines of please out a copy of this post in Dave Allens pigeon coop. Because it is he and his toady CEO that have got us to this..
YOU CHOOSE YOUR LEADERS AND PLACE YOUR TRUST AS THEIR LIES WASH YOU DOWN AND THEIR PROMISES RUST.

#6 User is offline   Exharboroughspireite 

• ExHarboroughspireite
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:34 PM

View PostGoku, on 06 October 2015 - 08:20 PM, said:

People actually provided comments backing up the appointment of Dean Saunders when he first joined the club as well. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so sad.

Check out his awesome win ratio stats I've put on the Rochdale thread....

#7 User is offline   Middle East 

• Total Legend..
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Its fair to say i have a passing interest in chesterfield fc!

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:55 PM

Rant over !!!!!!!

A fine post sir!
BRITISH BY BIRTH - ENGLISH BY THE GRACE OF GOD

#8 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:03 PM

He simply has to go. The enjoyment factor has gone for me totally without even going into his signings, tactics, training (or lack of) etc

Thankfully I have reasons to not attend the next 2 home games but imagine the attendance will wake a few up as to the views of Saunders and his tactics

#9 User is offline   The Earl of Chesterfield 

• Legend

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:10 PM

Rant over !!!!!!!

Brilliant post.

This is a low profile competition where second string sides are fielded and few fans bother. You did and deserved at least the appearance of a coherent performance. I'm not really bothered about getting knocked out, however to lose to Rochdale in what most are saying was a pathetic manner is very, very worrying. As is the fact that few, if any of our reserves are worthy of a first team appearance.

How far we've fallen in a few short months, and I'll repeat the question I asked on another thread: exactly what are Dave Allen's ambitions for this season?
Spanish proverb: 'Pessimists are just well informed optimists'

#10 User is offline   jack bauer 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:14 PM

View PostMDCCCLXVI, on 06 October 2015 - 09:10 PM, said:

Brilliant post.

This is a low profile competition where second string sides are fielded and few fans bother. You did and deserved at least the appearance of a coherent performance. I'm not really bothered about getting knocked out, however to lose to Rochdale in what most are saying was a pathetic manner is very, very worrying. As is the fact that few, if any of our reserves are worthy of a first team appearance.

How far we've fallen in a few short months, and I'll repeat the question I asked on another thread: exactly what are Dave Allen's ambitions for this season?

good question, following promotion 2 seasons ago the board claimed to have learned lessons from previous promotion, last season would suggest they did but now.............. here's another question, if we compare our best 11 of this season to that which went down under Sheridan how would it rank? not sure I can bring myself to answer this...

#11 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:25 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 06 October 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

good question, following promotion 2 seasons ago the board claimed to have learned lessons from previous promotion, last season would suggest they did but now.............. here's another question, if we compare our best 11 of this season to that which went down under Sheridan how would it rank? not sure I can bring myself to answer this...

I think the current team would get hammered

#12 User is offline   The Peoples Champion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:29 PM

View Postjack bauer, on 06 October 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

With a fully fit Tommy Lee playing to this seasons standard Sheridans team would beat them 3 out of 5 times no question

This post has been edited by The Peoples Champion: 06 October 2015 - 09:31 PM

#13 User is offline   ELTON 2020 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:38 PM

View PostThe Peoples Champion, on 06 October 2015 - 09:29 PM, said:

With a fully fit Tommy Lee playing to this seasons standard Sheridans team would beat them 3 out of 5 times no question

Exactly. We should have lost 4-2 at Crewe. Sheridan got the likes of Clarke and Juan and 3 or 4 decent on loan players. I've had enough now. For me, a defeat against Gilingham would be the final straw. No guts , no fitness, no passion, no cohesion. Apart from O Shea , they are a real shower.

#14 User is offline   The Peoples Champion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostElton John 1866, on 06 October 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

Exactly. We should have lost 4-2 at Crewe. Sheridan got the likes of Clarke and Juan and 3 or 4 decent on loan players. I've had enough now. For me, a defeat against Gilingham would be the final straw. No guts , no fitness, no passion, no cohesion. Apart from O Shea , they are a real shower.

Lee has been simply outstanding this season.

God knows where we would be now without him already.

#15 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostElton John 1866, on 06 October 2015 - 09:38 PM, said:

Nonsense

Anyway Saunders hasn't even started a Shezza like recruitment of loanees, we'll see how it goes when he starts
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#16 User is offline   The Peoples Champion 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:46 PM

View Postazul, on 06 October 2015 - 09:45 PM, said:

Nonsense

Anyway Saunders hasn't even started a Shezza like recruitment of loanees, we'll see how it goes when he starts

Maybe about the Crewe result but we should have lost by at least 4 at Blackpool

#17 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 October 2015 - 09:56 PM

Sorry fellas, I disagree...the side relegated under Sheridan was, for the most part at least, dross. But this is what worries me the most...I honestly believe that we've got the core of a good side here...I hate to say it as I'm a hideously patient man but a team which contains Lee, Evatt, Hird, Jones, (a fully fit) Talbot (a problem in itself, I know), Morsy, O'Shea and Gardner and, if the tactics suit them, Ebanks-Blake and Novak? We shouldn't be so utterly characterless. Unless the squad ran over a sack of black cats on the way back from Millwall, it has to come down to poor management.
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#18 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 06 October 2015 - 10:00 PM

View PostThe Peoples Champion, on 06 October 2015 - 09:46 PM, said:

Maybe about the Crewe result but we should have lost by at least 4 at Blackpool

Totally agree, but that was a different game :blush:
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#19 User is offline   CFC91 

• Key Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:30 AM

View PostJud, on 06 October 2015 - 09:56 PM, said:

Sorry fellas, I disagree...the side relegated under Sheridan was, for the most part at least, dross. But this is what worries me the most...I honestly believe that we've got the core of a good side here...I hate to say it as I'm a hideously patient man but a team which contains Lee, Evatt, Hird, Jones, (a fully fit) Talbot (a problem in itself, I know), Morsy, O'Shea and Gardner and, if the tactics suit them, Ebanks-Blake and Novak? We shouldn't be so utterly characterless. Unless the squad ran over a sack of black cats on the way back from Millwall, it has to come down to poor management.

From what I have seen so far this season we are worse than then Sheridan side. The fact we are clueless and unfit is a starting point - the fact we have to play players like Armand, Banks, Mani, Talbot etc who are massively out of their depth is another.

Regards Talbot - he shouldn't be anywhere near the football pitch. Sad to say I know but his injuries have done for him I fear, the winger last night was literally walking past him. Talbots reactions suggest he realises this (a lot of head in hands, hands on hips etc)

We will go down under Saunders signings/tactics/trainings. The sooner people realise this and give us as much time to address it the better in my eyes. No point papering over the cracks until January as it maybe too late by then I'm afraid. We left it too late during that Sheridan season party due to the JPT win I guess but we should really be looking to act soon.

#20 User is offline   Westbars Spireite 

• Legend
  • Interests:Chesterfield FC, cricket, beer

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:58 AM

After the next two home games we will have a clearer idea of what's happening. I'll be extremely concerned if there are no signs of improvement.

Our better players (Lee, Evatt, Morsy, O'Shea, Hird, Jones) are already performing consistently in often difficult circumstances. Unless the others on the pitch can lift their performances above the poor-mediocre though it simply won't happen.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users