Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Advertising Boards. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advertising Boards.

#41 User is offline   Jud 

• One Club Man
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 09 August 2017 - 07:09 AM, said:

with nothing to replace it with, as was the case with many of the same round the pitch/stands last season, I doubt they'll remove them.

Even an un-paid-for board (by a real company or not) looks better than a gap apparently.

Probably true, though. I remember making advertising boards for my Subbuteo. Kellogs never gave a solitary squid for that.
"Tha'd have known if l'd got hold o' thee...."

#42 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:22 AM

If I were a genuine sponsor paying for an advertising space at the ground, I'd be pretty drunk off if I knew others were advertising FOC. Perhaps they owe Dennis a favour?

#43 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:12 AM

View PostStockholm Spireite, on 09 August 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

Sorry sir, I disagree. Why would any club keep a board to a fake company that is linked to a man who has brought nothing but bad publicity and a trail of lies and deceit from other ventures to our club? Surely CFC would want to remove any trace, to show they were on the up-and-up. Or quote AC, "to win back the fans". I think a bare space is a much more bold statement of "we'd rather have this than be connected to that fiasco any further way". To me, it shows that Dennis is alive and well, and in the thoughts of DA & AC.
I'm told it should have been removed at the same time the one on the East Stand was taken down but it couldn't be reached at the time, Instructions have now gone out to add it to the works schedule to be taken down as soon as possible. I don't agree it staying indicates an ongoing relationship with Bingham as it offers no benefit to either party and personally accept the explanation provided as there are a load of stored tables and chairs stacked up around it, although I think there would have been more of an effort had it been a genuine company board that had expired up there

#44 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

View PostBobby Darling, on 09 August 2017 - 07:32 AM, said:

It was KF and Turner. £125k was totally unrealistic and was based on plucking a figure out of the air rather than on any knowledge of the out of home advertising industry. The screen is also low quality. High quality digital screens are widely available at decent prices.
I can't see any way that perimeter digital advertising would ever work for us. Its commercial success is wholly based on exposure to live TV. We don't deliver the audience to merit the investment.

There appears to be an alarming number of deals which have failed to benefit the football club.

#45 User is offline   valemadness 

• Chief Stalker
  • Interests:SPIREITES ;oD

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

View Postmoondog, on 09 August 2017 - 10:12 AM, said:

I'm told it should have been removed at the same time the one on the East Stand was taken down but it couldn't be reached at the time, Instructions have now gone out to add it to the works schedule to be taken down as soon as possible. I don't agree it staying indicates an ongoing relationship with Bingham as it offers no benefit to either party and personally accept the explanation provided as there are a load of stored tables and chairs stacked up around it, although I think there would have been more of an effort had it been a genuine company board that had expired up there

Not a valid argument I'm afraid, it would take less than 5 minutes to move the tables from in front of the board.

Attached File  IMG_20170805_152911.jpg (2.75MB)
Number of downloads: 101

#46 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:50 PM

View Postvalemadness, on 09 August 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

Not a valid argument I'm afraid, it would take less than 5 minutes to move the tables from in front of the board.

Attachment IMG_20170805_152911.jpg

Fair point Marcia having seen this closer up

#47 User is offline   azul 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:10 PM

View PostBobby Darling, on 09 August 2017 - 07:32 AM, said:

It was KF and Turner. £125k was totally unrealistic and was based on plucking a figure out of the air rather than on any knowledge of the out of home advertising industry. The screen is also low quality. High quality digital screens are widely available at decent prices.
I can't see any way that perimeter digital advertising would ever work for us. Its commercial success is wholly based on exposure to live TV. We don't deliver the audience to merit the investment.

It might have given us something to watch last season and kept us in our seats beyond the 70th

The there is always potential for televised games during our cup runs
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#48 User is offline   jcp 

• Academy Player
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 25 July 2016 - 09:18 PM, said:

Werent we supposed to be having electronic advertising boards around the pitch this season?

TBH, who gives a flying fook about advertising boards around the pitch ??? We should be more concerned about what happens ON the pitch ( Caldwell out) :windup

#49 User is offline   Ernie Ernie Ernie 

• Legend

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:12 PM

View Postmoondog, on 26 July 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

On the subject of the ground I was informed yesterday that the club needs to upgrade it's CCTV cameras cost £6,000

Having been involved with the purchase of some cctv cameras if the upgrade is costing 6k they won't be worth having

#50 User is offline   warfey is a spireite 

• Legend

Posted 09 August 2017 - 09:24 PM

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 09 August 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

Having been involved with the purchase of some cctv cameras if the upgrade is costing 6k they won't be worth having

THESE ARE OFF EBAY

View PostErnie Ernie Ernie, on 09 August 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

THESE ARE OFF EBAY

#51 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:38 PM

View Postjcp, on 09 August 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

TBH, who gives a flying fook about advertising boards around the pitch ??? We should be more concerned about what happens ON the pitch ( Caldwell out) :windup

What did you think the thread would be about, when you clicked on it?

Plenty of threads discussing players/formations/tactics etc.

#52 User is offline   Looker-on 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

To the general surprise of absolutely no-one, Royal Pearl's website registration expired this month. No more will potential investors be alerted to their "wherewithal and massive capacity," or their "incredible financial stability." Thankfully, some elements of the website are to be maintained in perpetuity:

Posted Image
It's nice to be able to Trust again.

#53 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:29 PM

View PostLooker-on, on 16 August 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

To the general surprise of absolutely no-one, Royal Pearl's website registration expired this month. No more will potential investors be alerted to their "wherewithal and massive capacity," or their "incredible financial stability." Thankfully, some elements of the website are to be maintained in perpetuity:

Posted Image

They've decided they don't need it when they can rely on the advertising hoarding at the Proact :unsure:

#54 User is offline   Blue5 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:36 PM

In his role as the seeker of truth and justice, Ashley has yet again missed a golden opportunity here to provide full disclosure on the subject.

#55 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

So, 3 stands at the new ground now sit unsponsored

That must be circa £50k a year off the bottom line, and we seemingly found ourselves without any real commercially-focused employees, apart Jim who I gather is working 1 day a week on top of his match day duties.

Since KF left last summer, both his replacement (Richard Nichols) and then his replacement, (Richard Herrick) have come and gone and seemingly left nothing in the way of legacy.

#56 User is offline   Spireite-Karl 

• Legend

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 21 August 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

Since KF left last summer, both his replacement (Richard Nichols) and then his replacement, (Richard Herrick) have come and gone and seemingly left nothing in the way of legacy.

What do you expect from a couple of Dicks ;)

This post has been edited by Spireite-Karl: 21 August 2017 - 12:35 PM

#notapennymore

#57 User is offline   dim view 

• Legend

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

....except in the severance pay column in the accounts.

I have a simple question for Ashley...what is the total amount of severance pay that has been handed out since the day Turner joined CFC?
Get it on, bang the gong , get it on

#58 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:03 PM

View Postdim view, on 21 August 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

....except in the severance pay column in the accounts.

I have a simple question for Ashley...what is the total amount of severance pay that has been handed out since the day Turner joined CFC?

must be 7 figures now surely?

#59 User is offline   Stoptalkingbol 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

So, 3 stands at the new ground now sit unsponsored

That must be circa £50k a year off the bottom line, and we seemingly found ourselves without any real commercially-focused employees, apart Jim who I gather is working 1 day a week on top of his match day duties.

How much is the kop to sponsor or is it desperate times and take whatever they can get?

#60 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:08 PM

View PostStoptalkingbol, on 21 August 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

How much is the kop to sponsor or is it desperate times and take whatever they can get?

I gather the 3 'empty' might be available for as little as £6k per season currently.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users