Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC: Advertising Boards. - Bob's Board - Chesterfield FC

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Advertising Boards.

#21 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend
  • Group: Moderators

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:19 PM

View Postmetallilad, on 26 July 2016 - 05:43 PM, said:

So am I right in thinking that in order for us to have these boards installed we've got to shoe horn rows of supporters from the first row into the rest of the ground, rip up the existing boards only to install these new (taller) boards aswell as getting an electrician to run any unsightly cables to the nearest plug socket before we can get a computer whizz to install a program into them so they can flash up an advert for the local corner shop. This is after we try to get companies advertising at the club again after all the "supposed" plug pullers have gone.

Sounds like too much fu**in hassle to be honest.
Wouldn't it be easier to install another scoreboard in the opposite corner and run different adverts on it?

Yes it true, the electronic boards are higher, the club are shelving the idea for this season in order to do further research. I expect it'll fall to the new commercial guy to look at workable solutions.

Another scoreboard as you suggest is also under consideration

#22 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:57 PM

View Postmoondog, on 26 July 2016 - 09:19 PM, said:

Yes it true, the electronic boards are higher, the club are shelving the idea for this season in order to do further research. I expect it'll fall to the new commercial guy to look at workable solutions.

Why not just move those in the lower rows to better seats FOC? As for disabled, could the club not install a ramp and platform to raise their eye level?

#23 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:08 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 26 July 2016 - 09:57 PM, said:

Why not just move those in the lower rows to better seats FOC? As for disabled, could the club not install a ramp and platform to raise their eye level?

I'd expect getting fans to change seats works better when planned and before season tickets are issued. As for disabled seems a sensible suggestion if those sat behind the disabled fans can see.

There could of course be smaller electronic boards on the market that are the size we need without any need to change.

#24 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:11 PM

View Postmoondog, on 26 July 2016 - 10:08 PM, said:

I'd expect getting fans to change seats works better when planned and before season tickets are issued. As for disabled seems a sensible suggestion if those sat behind the disabled fans can see.

There could of course be smaller electronic boards on the market that are the size we need without any need to change.

How tall are they we have boards there already surely they don't go higher than them...

#25 User is offline   Guest_freelander2_* 

• *Deleted*
  • Group: *Deleted*

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:19 PM

In my opinion, this is a blessing in disguise.

Given the existing advertising opportunities that are still available, the focus should be on selling those. As for the scoreboard, my guess is that it's generating next to nothing and is used to simply add value to existing commercial agreements rather than it being a stand-alone income stream. At the time of installation, either KF or CT said that they expected it to generate circa £125k per season in revenue.

#26 Guest_Dema Reborn_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:21 PM

View Postfreelander2, on 26 July 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

Given the existing advertising opportunities that are still available, the focus should be on selling those. As for the scoreboard, my guess is that it's generating next to nothing and is used to simply add value to existing commercial agreements rather than it being a stand-alone income stream. At the time of installation, either KF or CT said that they expected it to generate circa £125k per season in revenue.

What is say those boards around pitch side will do any better it is not as we will be on tv every week....

#27 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:30 PM

Guess that would mean we have wasted the money spent on the purchased boards, if we have to replace them?
Not sure where disabled sit except for a high position at back of east stand

#28 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:43 PM

View PostSpire-Power, on 26 July 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

Guess that would mean we have wasted the money spent on the purchased boards, if we have to replace them?
Not sure where disabled sit except for a high position at back of east stand

I don't think we purchased them, the impression I got was that the size problem became apparent before the order was confirmed.

#29 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:44 PM

View Postmoondog, on 26 July 2016 - 10:43 PM, said:

I don't think we purchased them, the impression I got was that the size problem became apparent before the order was confirmed.

No problem then, get the right size boards and get em installed

#30 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:46 PM

View Postmoondog, on 26 July 2016 - 09:19 PM, said:

How did the year long research go?

Are we expecting to see these (mostly blank) around the pitch anytime soon?

Oh yeah, sorry, the new commercial guy didn't last the season, nor did his replacement!!

#31 User is offline   Forever a Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2017 - 09:28 PM

More lies and bull from Carson via Moondog! Top man Mark how mych more can he take
#notapennymore

#32 User is offline   Blue95 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:02 PM

Royal Pearl still has advertising boards up inside the ground too ffs
Who put the ball in the Mansfield net? Super Jackie Lesterrrr

#33 User is offline   Spire-Power 

• Legend

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:11 PM

How long sponsorship did they pay for
?

#34 User is offline   azul 

• Legend

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:27 AM

View PostBlue95, on 08 August 2017 - 10:02 PM, said:

Royal Pearl still has advertising boards up inside the ground too ffs

We still have posters up advertising something that happened in the summer of 1912
Accentuate th Positive, eliminate the negative

#35 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:55 AM

View PostForever a Spireite, on 08 August 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

More lies and bull from Carson via Moondog! Top man Mark how mych more can he take

The response I've received to this is

"The whole project was flawed from start to finish. I have no plans to introduce them"

#36 User is offline   Mrhappy 

• Reserve Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:48 AM

View Postmoondog, on 09 August 2017 - 04:55 AM, said:

The response I've received to this is

"The whole project was flawed from start to finish. I have no plans to introduce them"

Does he have any plans to remove the Royal Pearl board at the back of the West stand? I believe their 'sponsorship' has finished!

#37 User is offline   Sammy Spireite 

• Legend

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:09 AM

View PostMrhappy, on 09 August 2017 - 05:48 AM, said:

Does he have any plans to remove the Royal Pearl board at the back of the West stand? I believe their 'sponsorship' has finished!

with nothing to replace it with, as was the case with many of the same round the pitch/stands last season, I doubt they'll remove them.

Even an un-paid-for board (by a real company or not) looks better than a gap apparently.

#38 User is offline   Bobby Darling 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:32 AM

View PostGuest_freelander2_*, on 26 July 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

It was KF and Turner. £125k was totally unrealistic and was based on plucking a figure out of the air rather than on any knowledge of the out of home advertising industry. The screen is also low quality. High quality digital screens are widely available at decent prices.
I can't see any way that perimeter digital advertising would ever work for us. Its commercial success is wholly based on exposure to live TV. We don't deliver the audience to merit the investment.

#39 User is offline   moondog 

• Legend

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:46 AM

View PostSammy Spireite, on 09 August 2017 - 07:09 AM, said:

with nothing to replace it with, as was the case with many of the same round the pitch/stands last season, I doubt they'll remove them.

Even an un-paid-for board (by a real company or not) looks better than a gap apparently.

Actually keeping it in place further shows an awareness the company is fake as they know no one is deriving a free benefit

#40 User is offline   Stockholm Spireite 

• First Team Player
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Formerly Dubai Spireite. I used to live there, but I've moved on to Stockholm

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

View Postmoondog, on 09 August 2017 - 07:46 AM, said:

Actually keeping it in place further shows an awareness the company is fake as they know no one is deriving a free benefit

Sorry sir, I disagree. Why would any club keep a board to a fake company that is linked to a man who has brought nothing but bad publicity and a trail of lies and deceit from other ventures to our club?

Surely CFC would want to remove any trace, to show they were on the up-and-up. Or quote AC, "to win back the fans". I think a bare space is a much more bold statement of "we'd rather have this than be connected to that fiasco any further way".

To me, it shows that Dennis is alive and well, and in the thoughts of DA & AC.

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users